Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unknøwn

Players leaving for NFL

4 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I'm stunned Fromm jumped. The QB class is heavy right now. 

I'm shocked as well. I thought for sure he was a 4-yr guy.

He's a 2nd rounder at best. Apparently that's good enough for him.

48 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

Everyone on offense is jumping ship. I blame Coley.

lolol.. come on man you know that's not even close to being true.  you guys will start to blame coley for not having peace on earth next..  haha..  fromm is leaving early because he knows he won't improve his draft stock.. his arm and physical ability will not improve.. he is who he is and i bet you that is what he was told.. he got 2nd round draft projection which is not a bad projection for him.  

35 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I’m surprised. Figured he would stick around another year 

not sure why fans are surprised.  for some reason some fans felt he wasn't ready for the nfl, but out of all the qbs he does stuff on offense no qb in this draft is asked to do.  physically he isn't going to improve.. he is who he is.. 3 year starter.. it made sense to go to the nfl for him.  obviously though it was a tough decision, but he met with nfl guys and got an earlier enough draft grade that it made sense to go now.  i am happy for him he is going to the NFL.  

50 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I'm stunned Fromm jumped. The QB class is heavy right now. 

next year will be no different.. he is going to move ahead of guys who are physically better than he is.  next year you have fields, lawrence, and a handful of other qbs who will probably be higher ranked than Fromm is.  I don't think it matters which class he came out in.. he is a 2nd rounder in the projections and to me that makes sense for him to leave because no matter what he does he won't be improving his draft stock. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

not sure why fans are surprised.  for some reason some fans felt he wasn't ready for the nfl, but out of all the qbs he does stuff on offense no qb in this draft is asked to do.  physically he isn't going to improve.. he is who he is.. 3 year starter.. it made sense to go to the nfl for him.  obviously though it was a tough decision, but he met with nfl guys and got an earlier enough draft grade that it made sense to go now.  i am happy for him he is going to the NFL.  

In my heart I wanted him to come back but I don’t blame him one bit for leaving. He’s going to be drafted at worst in the second round 

59 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Jake Fromm ... Nooooo!!!!!!  Say it ain't so! 

We are already in for some grade transfers.. we will be fine.. the offense is going to change for sure. 

1 minute ago, Bdawg58 said:

In my heart I wanted him to come back but I don’t blame him one bit for leaving. He’s going to be drafted at worst in the second round 

same here.. i wanted him to come back, but i am sure the one question he asked was his projection for next year with nfl guys (belicheck was at the game last night talking with Fromm) and was probably told even if he had a great year that due to his physical limitations he wouldn't be anything more than a 2nd rounder.  2nd rounder means quaranteed money and probably a better situation than many qbs find themselves in.. i wanted him to stay, but i felt he would leave.. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

lolol.. come on man you know that's not even close to being true.  you guys will start to blame coley for not having peace on earth next..  haha..  fromm is leaving early because he knows he won't improve his draft stock.. his arm and physical ability will not improve.. he is who he is and i bet you that is what he was told.. he got 2nd round draft projection which is not a bad projection for him.  

Can you be 100% certain that his regression under Coley, and knowing that Coley will be back, didn't have some affect on his decision? Of course Fromm would never come out and say it, but I think it's entirely reasonable to think that this may have been a factor. Perhaps small, but a factor nonetheless.

I also blame Coley for what's going on with Iran.

3 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

Can you be 100% certain that his regression under Coley, and knowing that Coley will be back, didn't have some affect on his decision? Of course Fromm would never come out and say it, but I think it's entirely reasonable to think that this may have been a factor. Perhaps small, but a factor nonetheless.

I also blame Coley for what's going on with Iran.

coley was his qb coach for 2 years.. he didn't regress 2 years ago.. he regressed this past year, but the players around him was a big issue.. it was no coincidence when cager was in the game and playing that his completion % was over 70%.  then dropped when cager was hurt.. the wrs were a big issue.. many games i had zero problems with coley.. our fans have decided after hating on chaney, bobo, and now the new culprit is coley.  the bottom line is our fans are putting their own dislike for coley on certain players and making stuff up and what things aren't.. the facts with fromm he is who he is physically and he decided the best step for hm is to go to the nfl.  i thought he would leave, but I was hoping he would stay.. only at UGA do we allow rival fans and our own fans to make something that should be a positive and something to celebrate into a negative.  We should all be thanking Fromm for what he did while in athens and hoping the very best then trying to flip stuff negatively.  

14 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

We are already in for some grade transfers.. we will be fine.. the offense is going to change for sure. 

I really like Fromm but I guess it's time for everyone to move on.  The Dawgs will be fine like you said!!      

Posted (edited)

Doesn’t surprise me much and hers why:

I figure he had two choices... Stay another year and listen to DawgNation ***** and moan about how bad he is, or go pro and get paid to get bitched at. Plus, he probably won’t get drafted by a team with expectations of him being the savior of the franchise so he’ll have a patient fan base at least for a time. 

Edited by Skott Lee

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

coley was his qb coach for 2 years.. he didn't regress 2 years ago.. he regressed this past year, but the players around him was a big issue.. it was no coincidence when cager was in the game and playing that his completion % was over 70%.  then dropped when cager was hurt.. the wrs were a big issue.. many games i had zero problems with coley.. our fans have decided after hating on chaney, bobo, and now the new culprit is coley.  the bottom line is our fans are putting their own dislike for coley on certain players and making stuff up and what things aren't.. the facts with fromm he is who he is physically and he decided the best step for hm is to go to the nfl.  i thought he would leave, but I was hoping he would stay.. only at UGA do we allow rival fans and our own fans to make something that should be a positive and something to celebrate into a negative.  We should all be thanking Fromm for what he did while in athens and hoping the very best then trying to flip stuff negatively.  

Chaney was the main OC and QB coach 2 yrs ago. And I wasn't hating on Fromm. I was questioning his decision to leave when almost everyone was thinking he would (and should) stay. I agree that Cager's injury impacted his stats, but under Coley's first year as the exclusive OC/QB coach, Fromm's stats this year, as opposed to his first 2 years, aren't even close.

2 hours ago, LawDawg said:

I'm shocked as well. I thought for sure he was a 4-yr guy.

He's a 2nd rounder at best. Apparently that's good enough for him.

Fromm lacks the stats of the other guys, but he's around the top when it comes to overall QB Play. Fromm will fit in a pro system better than most guys.

Yes I'm an extreme Homer in this situation. I love what Fromm brought to this team. I will miss him. I also would love for him to learn from Matt Ryan for a few years then take over...although I realize the timing isn't right.

5 hours ago, LawDawg said:

Chaney was the main OC and QB coach 2 yrs ago. And I wasn't hating on Fromm. I was questioning his decision to leave when almost everyone was thinking he would (and should) stay. I agree that Cager's injury impacted his stats, but under Coley's first year as the exclusive OC/QB coach, Fromm's stats this year, as opposed to his first 2 years, aren't even close.

actually coley was the qb coach 2 years ago.. chaney was working with the TEs.  i didn't say you were hating on fromm.. our fans however are hating on coley like they hated on chaney and bobo before him.. don't disagree fromm regressed, but i think it was more due to losing every wr we had and we returned just 7 catches.. i don't care who you are even tua would have struggled.  I believe Fromm made the best decision for him and his NFL career and I am very excited about his move to the next level.  We should all appreicate what he did while in Athens.  :)

31 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I am hearing that Najee Harris is coming back to school. Unless he changes his mind and is not coming back. 

I have heard Najee will either be coming back to school or will be going to the NFL.

You're welcome for this announcement. 

hahahaha..   you insider you.. :)