VTCrunkler

Urban Meyer steps down at OSU

47 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

He will take a year off and then go somewhere else just like he did at Florida.  Too much heat at OSU over the coach that beat his wife. He is distancing himself.

Exactly.  

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

What about Georgia Tech?  naahhh...:lol:

They should totally do it.  They could never get that quality of a coach / recruiter under normal circumstances, but he is damaged goods right now.  They should go for it.

NashvilleFalcon01 and Spts1 like this

2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

What about Georgia Tech?  naahhh...:lol:

That would be a good move for Ga tech, if they're willing to pursue him. But he comes with a price tag also.

41 minutes ago, E. T. said:

That would be a good move for Ga tech, if they're willing to pursue him. But he comes with a price tag also.

No way Ga Tech is going to pay what it would cost to get Urban Meyer. They probably pay their HC about 20 percent of what the HC's make at other major schools.

But after all he's been through, he may be done as a football coach.

E. T. likes this

27 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

No way Ga Tech is going to pay what it would cost to get Urban Meyer. They probably pay their HC about 20 percent of what the HC's make at other major schools.

But after all he's been through, he may be done as a football coach.

I mean, Tech would have to get some donors on the phone.  But they have donors with the financial means to make it happen.  It's just that the donors have been tight with the pocket book with the garbage Tech has been putting out for years.  Urban Meyer might inspire them.

PokerSteve likes this

5 minutes ago, gkgrimes said:

its been said that he has a small brain tumor that he is dealing with.

Yep. His medical issues and overall health are among the big reasons I think he may be done for good.

papachaz and gkgrimes like this

11 minutes ago, gkgrimes said:

its been said that he has a small brain tumor that he is dealing with.

Yeah but he's had it for his entire coaching career basically. He might need to have another surgery.

It's a risk, but the guy is only 54 years old.  I don't think he is ready to quit. 

20 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I mean, Tech would have to get some donors on the phone.  But they have donors with the financial means to make it happen.  It's just that the donors have been tight with the pocket book with the garbage Tech has been putting out for years.  Urban Meyer might inspire them.

From their recent track record regarding their football program, it's hard to believe Tech has any serious interest in putting any emphasis or financial support into returning Tech to football prominence.

6 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

From their recent track record regarding their football program, it's hard to believe Tech has any serious interest in putting any emphasis or financial support into returning Tech to football prominence.

Yeah, maybe, but I really think they pushed Paul Johnson out more than he decided to "take a break", so somebody over there wants more hopefully.

PokerSteve likes this

9 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Yeah but he's had it for his entire coaching career basically. He might need to have another surgery.

It's a risk, but the guy is only 54 years old.  I don't think he is ready to quit. 

He just left one of the most coveted HC jobs in the country. Hard to see that as a sign he wants to keep coaching.

papachaz likes this

11 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

He just left one of the most coveted HC jobs in the country. Hard to see that as a sign he wants to keep coaching.

I think that is somewhat because of the scandal, OSU took so much heat for not firing him.

10 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I think that is somewhat because of the scandal, OSU took so much heat for not firing him.

So you think OSU pushed him out? Seems unlikely they would do that at this point. If they're not pushing him, why would he leave at this point since he's survived the scandal and probably would have seen few if any ongoing repercussions, unless he's just done with coaching.

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

So you think OSU pushed him out? Seems unlikely they would do that at this point. If they're not pushing him, why would he leave at this point since he's survived the scandal and probably would have seen few if any ongoing repercussions unless he's just done with coaching.

I'm just saying the dude's track record is he changes his mind a lot lol. It's wishful thinking on my part.  I'd like to see GT stop sucking.

PokerSteve likes this

3 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I'm just saying the dude's track record is he changes his mind a lot lol. It's wishful thinking on my part.  I'd like to see GT stop sucking.

I'm sorry, bruh. Should've been reading between the lines instead of being Mr. Negatory. lol.  No doubt Meyer would certainly be a prime candidate to bring back Tech football. I would love to see them hire a big name HC and get back in the mix again myself.