Panic.. Its what we do

TheRisen999

I've seen people writing everything from firing Quinn and Dimitroff to getting rid the OC and DC. I don't see that as being the solution to our issues at all. We're all familiar with the injuries this team has had this season and that can't be overlooked but from what I can tell there is no one reason this team is looking so bad. Even with so many defensive player out for the season and long stretches of the season we didn't begin looking so incompetent until both starting Guards were gone for the season. I think we can point to that as a main reason for offense being so abysmal.  Our defensive line isn't getting pressure and I feel like its a combination of coaching and players not getting the job done.. But mostly coaching. Our DB's look even worse than they are because of that lack of pressure. With that said.. Alford is awful and should be traded. The DB's coach needs to be switched or let go.. Period. Kazee is the lone bright spot there and I think his performances are more instinct based than a result of coaching. The panic our fan base is experiencing was predictable but understandable. However, I think I'd be a mistake to let Quinn or Sark go. Once the line is completely healthy the Offense will be humming again. Ryan has shown how good he is when he's given time to work. The changes the defense has had to make will only benefit it next season. If our guys can stay healthy I see a complete turnaround on that side of the ball not to mention it's looking like we'll have a high draft pick. We've drafted well as of late and can see us being able to get impact players on both sides of the ball. One thing we know about Quinn is he isn't afraid to make the necessary moves in the off-season to put this team into position to win. I think Duke Riley and Jordan Richards' days are numbered. They're liabilities and once the defense is healthy again I don't see a reason to continue to tolerate their subpar level of play. I'm pretty sure some heads will roll in the off-season but now is not the time to panic. I really believe this team will be made stronger from this year's adversity.

7 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

. I really believe this team will be made stronger from this year's adversity.

Adversity in pro sports doesn't make you stronger. It teaches and reinforces losing. Losers lose because they are used to it. They stand around waiting for "someone else to make a play". That is why there are tons of posts about the team quitting. Anyone watching the game can see this team isn't putting forth effort. 

They aren't lathering up in adversity, chomping at the bit to be better. ****, even Campbell came out and said they aren't prepared and are playing flat. They are down, wallowing in the adversity and losing games. Losing poorly at that.

That is culture. That is LEADERSHIP letting the players down. It's been pointed out here many times that DQ has surrounded himself with rookie coaches, or out of position coaches and also coaches who are just ineffective (armstrong). If you don't make a change somewhere, somehow, then you are saying that this performance is satisfactory and allowable.

7 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

I've seen people writing everything from firing Quinn and Dimitroff to getting rid the OC and DC. I don't see that as being the solution to our issues at all. We're all familiar with the injuries this team has had this season and that can't be overlooked but from what I can tell there is no one reason this team is looking so bad. Even with so many defensive player out for the season and long stretches of the season we didn't begin looking so incompetent until both starting Guards were gone for the season. I think we can point to that as a main reason for offense being so abysmal.  Our defensive line isn't getting pressure and I feel like its a combination of coaching and players not getting the job done.. But mostly coaching. Our DB's look even worse than they are because of that lack of pressure. With that said.. Alford is awful and should be traded. The DB's coach needs to be switched or let go.. Period. Kazee is the lone bright spot there and I think his performances are more instinct based than a result of coaching. The panic our fan base is experiencing was predictable but understandable. However, I think I'd be a mistake to let Quinn or Sark go. Once the line is completely healthy the Offense will be humming again. Ryan has shown how good he is when he's given time to work. The changes the defense has had to make will only benefit it next season. If our guys can stay healthy I see a complete turnaround on that side of the ball not to mention it's looking like we'll have a high draft pick. We've drafted well as of late and can see us being able to get impact players on both sides of the ball. One thing we know about Quinn is he isn't afraid to make the necessary moves in the off-season to put this team into position to win. I think Duke Riley and Jordan Richards' days are numbered. They're liabilities and once the defense is healthy again I don't see a reason to continue to tolerate their subpar level of play. I'm pretty sure some heads will roll in the off-season but now is not the time to panic. I really believe this team will be made stronger from this year's adversity.

Ever since the SB that’s what we are prone to do/think

Not panicking at all, but what do you honestly expect from this team. It's insanity at its finest!

Due to the adversity from injuries, unfortunately it seems all the coaches are going to get a pass and then what..... 

I'll believe it when I see it.

In 2012, the Falcons replaced both coordinators after 4 consecutive winning seasons and 3 playoff appearances, and a combined record of 43-21 with those two coordinators.   Even though Mularkey somehow miraculously got the Jags job, the Falcons were going to be moving on anyway.  They did it because the team was standing still.  Right now the team is actually going backwards.

Manuel and Sarkisian are both still early in their careers as coordinators, but they aren't really showing growth.  Being able to adapt to injuries is part of the deal.  They aren't doing it.

Every team has injuries, and there are teams with a lot more than the Falcons who are still right in the mix. 

I'd be stunned if this team didn't shake up this coaching staff substantially in the off season.

" I really believe this team will be made stronger from this year's adversity. "

The same way we were made stronger by the adversity of blowing the biggest lead in SB history; reinforcing our label as chokers?

I think it more likely that there are a lot of players on this team that expect things to go badly, so at the first sign of it they pack it in.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:01 AM, Peyton said:

In 2012, the Falcons replaced both coordinators after 4 consecutive winning seasons and 3 playoff appearances, and a combined record of 43-21 with those two coordinators.   Even though Mularkey somehow miraculously got the Jags job, the Falcons were going to be moving on anyway.  They did it because the team was standing still.  Right now the team is actually going backwards.

Manuel and Sarkisian are both still early in their careers as coordinators, but they aren't really showing growth.  Being able to adapt to injuries is part of the deal.  They aren't doing it.

Every team has injuries, and there are teams with a lot more than the Falcons who are still right in the mix. 

I'd be stunned if this team didn't shake up this coaching staff substantially in the off season.

That could be true but I doubt it'll be anyone at the top coaching positions.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:51 AM, runshoot said:

Adversity in pro sports doesn't make you stronger. It teaches and reinforces losing. Losers lose because they are used to it. They stand around waiting for "someone else to make a play". That is why there are tons of posts about the team quitting. Anyone watching the game can see this team isn't putting forth effort. 

They aren't lathering up in adversity, chomping at the bit to be better. ****, even Campbell came out and said they aren't prepared and are playing flat. They are down, wallowing in the adversity and losing games. Losing poorly at that.

That is culture. That is LEADERSHIP letting the players down. It's been pointed out here many times that DQ has surrounded himself with rookie coaches, or out of position coaches and also coaches who are just ineffective (armstrong). If you don't make a change somewhere, somehow, then you are saying that this performance is satisfactory and allowable.

I don't disagree that changes needs to be made but I just don't feel it should or will come at the top. There has to be stability at the top and before the injuries this team didn't look anything like it does now so it isn't all coaching. As you've said some of the players aren't playing hard and others aren't good enough. They need to be gone..period.

Sark had no business being this teams OC, period. Who takes a parttime former college coach who was just an assistant and hands them the MVP and one of the better offenses in NFL history?? That's unheard of. The fact that you have a Super Bowl team that choked to death, falls on Dan Quinn. The fact that the offense can put up 30+ points on a regular basis and still LOSE games falls on Dan Quinn.  Hiring who they hire not to mention the horrid drafting,contracts and free agent signings of the past fall on TD. We've seen what Quinn and TD have to offer and this is it. The best we are ever going to get with Dan Quinn is 28-3 in the 3rd quarter of a Super Bowl that was played 2 years ago. Thinking this team will turn around and get back to the SB, That's like being a Bengals fan and expecting Marvin Lewis to win a playoff game.

Dan Quinn has given us 3 years of chokes. I don't get why sports fans and teams clearly can see a coach or player is bad yet they will just stick with them.They wasted 4 years but we're gonna stick with you so you can waste 4 more than will fire or cut you. It's like being in an abusive relationship, yeah you are mean and terrible but if we dump you now we wont find anyone better! Artur Blank's kindness and loyalty are this teams undoing. Now this team will be saddled with huge contracts on players that aren't worth them. In 2 years we're going to be the Arizona Cardinals of today. Pay attention in next week when AZ comes to town and watch them, cause that'll be our future. Lacking depth with 1-2 good players and a bunch of Vic Beasleys hogging all the cap space. That's not panic its just reality. TD can't draft, we aren't going to fall into a bunch of good rookies like the Saints. For every good move Dimitroff has made theres 20  horrid ones he has made. This teams strength has always been its offense so what do they do, keep hiring Defensive coaches to coach the team and they dont improve the D at all! Then they hire Sark to be the OC. I know its fun to panic and pile on but c'mon. These are some of the worst moves I've ever seen in sports. Hiring old coaches from the tv booth isn't even as stupid as what the Falcons have been doing the past decade, all under TD's guiding hand. We can like a team and still call a spade a spade, lets just stop kidding ourselves about what this team will or can do. We know what they can do and its not winning a Super Bowl, not with this regime.

56 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

I don't disagree that changes needs to be made but I just don't feel it should or will come at the top. There has to be stability at the top and before the injuries this team didn't look anything like it does now so it isn't all coaching. As you've said some of the players aren't playing hard and others aren't good enough. They need to be gone..period.

I have to disagree.

It looked pretty much like this all pre-season, when we were told it didn't matter.

But the injury excuse is big enough for them to hide behind for another season, I guess.

The only people panicking are the fans.

What I expect to see this off season is a top to bottom debrief and a reload like every other year.The only difference this year the area's of need are more magnified is all.

No doubt there will be a turnover of staff and players like most years and a few key guys that have helped us in previous years will be shown the door.Of which some fan says manage to find or use as an excuse to shone the FO like every year if things go awry.Happens every year the last bit.

For me I hope AB sticks to his guns and keeps the key people in the key spots of the organisation and continues to tweak.

10 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

The only people panicking are the fans.

What I expect to see this off season is a top to bottom debrief and a reload like every other year.The only difference this year the area's of need are more magnified is all.

No doubt there will be a turnover of staff and players like most years and a few key guys that have helped us in previous years will be shown the door.Of which some fan says manage to find or use as an excuse to shone the FO like every year if things go awry.Happens every year the last bit.

For me I hope AB sticks to his guns and keeps the key people in the key spots of the organisation and continues to tweak.

May those tweaks be precise, massive and delivered with an axe by The Grim Tweaker.

tenor.gif?itemid=7574899

On 12/4/2018 at 1:24 AM, TheRisen999 said:

Breaking this up into at least two paragraphs would've helped this...:(

Edited by slickgadawg

On 12/5/2018 at 1:31 AM, GhostofGritz said:

Who's panicking? 

I'm more than used to Atlanta/Georgia teams failing to deliver.

I don't believe though that this team is going to be a contender next year simply by the return of the guys who were injured this season.

Both lines are an unmitigated mess, so much so that I think it's next to impossible to fix them in one offseason.

07 to 08 they did it this team has more talent than that one.

I think it could easily change in a year.

07 to 08 was basically a complete rebuild Coaches and players and they made the playoffs again.

The F O has to change its MO. They stood still when things looked  bad and proclaimed "We're good like we are." No we weren't.  DQ kept giving RAH-RAH speeches, "Every man in that locker room is ready to go." No they weren't. Injuries are a part of the NFL. We have to acknowledge maybe we didn't do enough and make sure this roster and coaching staff is never this ineffective againl

On 12/4/2018 at 9:05 AM, TheUsualStuff said:

" I really believe this team will be made stronger from this year's adversity. "

The same way we were made stronger by the adversity of blowing the biggest lead in SB history; reinforcing our label as chokers?

I think it more likely that there are a lot of players on this team that expect things to go badly, so at the first sign of it they pack it in.

:tiphat:

yeah some of us have been around long enough to decipher, read through, listen to what's not really being said, etc etc that we just know. Yet here we are, back once again saying 'you just wait until next year'.....

so again dear sir, I tip the cap  :tiphat:

16 minutes ago, papachaz said:

:tiphat:

yeah some of us have been around long enough to decipher, read through, listen to what's not really being said, etc etc that we just know. Yet here we are, back once again saying 'you just wait until next year'.....

so again dear sir, I tip the cap  :tiphat:

When it comes to waiting until next year, we are champions.