Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Macintez

As far as I’m concerned... Thomas Dimitroff has one more year.

58 posts in this topic

When he is let go? All the players will lose their comfort level as far as how they’re performing right now. No players on our team are nervous or anything. We need to establish new guidelines for players who want to play for the Falcons because the current ones are not working.

stldirtybird likes this

He already had his power taken from him he's not making final roster decisions anymore , they talked about this when Quinn got here ,how did the everyone forget this , he helps find players and that's it, look at how much better our drafts have been since Quinn got here.  

3 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

He already had his power taken from him he's not making final roster decisions anymore , they talked about this when Quinn got here ,how did the everyone forget this , he helps find players and that's it, look at how much better our drafts have been since Quinn got here.  

Or since Scott Pioli was hired.....TD just has not produced OL DLs which is paramount to winning consistently 

rogueleadersf and Da_Truth like this

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Nevermind the fact he found a franchise QB nah that doesn't matter.

It’s not like he was a 4th round gem. Ryan was an obvious no brainer pick. Ryan Grigson is one of the worst GM’s I’ve seen in the last 10 years and he still drafted Andrew Luck. No brainer pick. That being said, Dimitroff is not that bad. The falcons have a very talented roster. Coaching is a bigger problem IMO

23 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It’s not like he was a 4th round gem. Ryan was an obvious no brainer pick. Ryan Grigson is one of the worst GM’s I’ve seen in the last 10 years and he still drafted Andrew Luck. No brainer pick. That being said, Dimitroff is not that bad. The falcons have a very talented roster. Coaching is a bigger problem IMO

Lol tell that to the Miami Dolphins or the St Louis/LA Rams lol.

No brainer oh no wait build the lines lol.:shrug:

BlazerSlayer likes this

54 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Or since Scott Pioli was hired.....TD just has not produced OL DLs which is paramount to winning consistently 

Shouldn't it read that pioli and Quinn haven't produced ol or dl? You literally just said they were the ones drafting and td was just there... 

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

2 hours ago, osiruz said:

Been watching the Lakers. They look decent. Nothing better than getting rid of the bitter taste of being a falcon fan than going for a team that doesn't ritually screw up wins.

Maybe i need to choose a out of state team to root for in the nba so i dont feel like a goddm loser... 

Of course he gets another year having never had a losing season and in the playoffs 2 out of 4 years counting this one.

But next year his seat starts on luke warm and goes up or down depending on our record. If we're tanking again by Dec, his seat should be very hot.

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol tell that to the Miami Dolphins or the St Louis/LA Rams lol.

No brainer oh no wait build the lines lol.:shrug:

That’s not what I’m saying. It was a no brainer pick for the falcons, not for every team. Joe Flacco would have been too. The falcons franchise QB was in prison. Things looked very bleak. Getting a QB in the 1st round that could potentially replace Vick and heal the damage was a no brainer. I think a pick like Grady jarrett is round 5 or Deion jones in round 2, or even the Julio trade is more impressive than drafting Matt Ryan

Picking a QB may have been a no brainer, but Ryan had high ints in college so there were questions over whether he was a safe pick. Lots of us wanted Dorsey at DT and a QB later like Flacco or Henne. Dolphins messed up big style, at least the Rams had a QB at the time.

Anyway, I digress. I said in an earlier post that pressure will be on Quinn if its another losing season, so much so that he probably would be fired. I could see Dimi getting canned too, as that will have been 2 coaches he's had.

58 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That’s not what I’m saying. It was a no brainer pick for the falcons, not for every team. Joe Flacco would have been too. The falcons franchise QB was in prison. Things looked very bleak. Getting a QB in the 1st round that could potentially replace Vick and heal the damage was a no brainer. I think a pick like Grady jarrett is round 5 or Deion jones in round 2, or even the Julio trade is more impressive than drafting Matt Ryan

A lot of the ‘brainers’ in TAFT insisted Glenn Dorsey was the no-brainer pick. :)

kiwifalcon, vel, Geneaut and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Dunno man for the most part without a franchise guy your pretty much under the gun every other year.Those picks you mention are important but not making that move back in 08 I think the Falcons don't have this run of success they've had.

6 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan was not a no brainer pick. Two teams that had obvious QB needs passed on him, including one being run by someone who knows what he is doing in Bill Parcells and half Falcons fans wanted a DT. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

You haven't been watching the Lakers all season then

Yea they started on the wrong foot, but they are now playing well.

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Yea they started on the wrong foot, but they are now playing well.

Until LeBron leaves the game. They have a very long way to go. Very long

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Shouldn't it read that pioli and Quinn haven't produced ol or dl? You literally just said they were the ones drafting and td was just there... 

sorry I guess what I want to say is TDs been here 10+ yrs and the ol dL have not been very good....Pioli has helped with the draft but not the lines so is he part of the problem??? I don’t know I guess so but he has not been the GM for 10 yrs. I guess we give TD another 10 yrs lol