matty72780

ACTUAL DATA PROVING SARK IS THE PROBLEM

87 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t need data when there’s video footage of players not doing their part to make the offense work. He **** sure isn’t out there dropping passes every week and allowing pass rushers to get at the qb within a split second. 

2016: Falcons led the league in dropped passes with 28. Yet we were still #1 offense. More time to throw in 2018 than 2016 as well. Problem = Sarks scheme. Period! 

Edited by matty72780
Dutty Ole Bird likes this

This is why Atlanta and the fan base do not get success.  They literally make excuses for mediocre to bad talent or coaches.  We all knew Sark had a huge learning curve for the NFL.  We all knew Sark's past and how unsuccessful he was even in College. For Sark, this isn't a goal of his nor something he really desperately wants, its just another job on his resume so he can go back to the college ranks and head coach some team like UNLV or someone around that league.  Maybe he will coach YALE.  

While other fan bases demand professional results, Falcon fans make excuses for players and coaches that have NO business being in the NFL.

Wes Schewitzer?  Tito Ortiz?  Eric Saubert?  Steve Sarkisian?  WHO THE F are these guys?  Would these guys even be playing in the NFL if it wasn't for the Falcons?  The list keeps going on and on for how bad the talent is on this team.  We get Calvin Ridley who shows up in spurts but lets be honest, he is not getting open any time soon.  

How do we make Tevin Coleman and Ito Smith look bad week in and week out?  Julio Jones would probably break Randy Moss records if he was with the Patriots or some other team that had a real scheme and QB. 

This team this year and last year is nothing more than a cluster F of you know what.  

Quinn put all his eggs in the Sark basket and hoped and prayed he could produce like Kyle Shanahan could but it won't happen. 

It was a bad hire, a hire I thought Blank and TD would be prepared NOT to make since we all know about Bobby Petrino.  

I don't hate Sark as a person, he seems like a real cool guy.  I just think this game is way over his head, much like how the college game was over his head at time through out his career. 

So again, while people read this and come up with 100 excuses on why Sark is not getting production from the offense, realize that your making excuses for a guy who has shown 2 years in a row that he is terrible.  

Edited by R_The_Great

1 minute ago, R_The_Great said:

This is why Atlanta and the fan base do not get success.  They literally make excuses for mediocre to bad talent or coaches.  We all knew Sark had a huge learning curve for the NFL.  We all knew Sark's past and how unsuccessful he was even in College. For Sark, this isn't a goal of his nor something he really desperately wants, its just another job on his resume so he can go back to the college ranks and head coach some team like UNLV or someone around that league.  Maybe he will coach YALE.  

While other fan bases demand professional results, Falcon fans make excuses for players and coaches that have NO business being in the NFL.

Wes Schewitzer?  Tito Ortiz?  Eric Saubert?  Steve Sarkisian?  WHO THE F are these guys?  Would these guys even be playing in the NFL if it wasn't for the Falcons?  The list keeps going on and on for how bad the talent is on this team.  We get Calvin Ridley who shows up in spurts but lets be honest, he is not getting open any time soon.  

How do we make Tevin Coleman and Ito Smith look bad week in and week out?  Julio Jones would probably break Randy Moss records if he was with the Patriots or some other team that had a real scheme and QB. 

This team this year and last year is nothing more than a cluster F of you know what.  

Quinn put all his eggs in the Sark basket and hoped and prayed he could produce like Kyle Shanahan could but it won't happen. 

It was a bad hire, a hire I thought Blank and TD would be prepared NOT to make since we all know about Bobby Petrino.  

I don't hate Sark as a person, he seems like a real cool guy.  I just think this game is way over his head, much like how the college game was over his head at time through out his career. 

So again, while people read this and come up with 100 excuses on why Sark is not getting production from the offense, realize that your making excuses for a guy who has shown 2 years in a row that he is terrible.  

Finally! Completely agree! It’s so bad man, excuse after excuse with no data to back it. 

Dukeduke211 and The_Realist like this

15 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t need data when there’s video footage of players not doing their part to make the offense work. He **** sure isn’t out there dropping passes every week and allowing pass rushers to get at the qb within a split second. 

Call me crazy. But your post here and the guy you quoted is like dejavu of several months ago now. No lie. I've SEEN this conversation IN THE PAST!

ya_boi_j likes this

22 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

2016: Falcons led the league in dropped passes with 28. Yet we were still #1 offense. More time to throw in 2018 than 2016 as well. Problem = Sarks scheme. Period! 

Lol 

9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Call me crazy. But your post here and the guy you quoted is like dejavu of several months ago now. No lie. I've SEEN this conversation IN THE PAST!

You might be right :lol:

Ergo Proxy likes this

17 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

Finally! Completely agree! It’s so bad man, excuse after excuse with no data to back it. 

Again Falcons fans want to cheer on the little engine that could.  Oh remember how much people LOVED Joe Hawley.  I was saying Joe Hawley doesn't belong in the NFL.  Joe goes and plays for the Bucs, they don't win, Joe retires and goes camping with Mike Johnson.  Falcons draft and hire people that have NO BUSINESS IN THE NFL.

And whose fault is that?  Thomas Dimitroff and Arthur Blank.  They have some weak soft spots for bad talent and coaching that its absolutely maddening.  

Edited by R_The_Great
The_Realist likes this

46 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

**** Ergo....lol

Ergo Proxy likes this

It’s not one thing.  Injuries, bad play calling, and execution are all to blame.  I will say that I was very frustrated that on 3rd and 1 we put Sanu at QB to throw a 25 yard pass though and I have been been puzzled all season that we run empty backfield formations inside the 10 yard line.  Sark isn’t the whole problem but I’ve seen enough to say that I’m ready to move on.  

Ultimately Sark’s job is to put our offensive players in the best position to succeed. (All 11 offensive players)

He has sorely failed at that for 1 and 3/4 seasons now. 

2 hours ago, matty72780 said:

It’s not my data, it’s the Falcons actual data. The data shows Matt Ryan has more time to throw this year compared to 2016, the data also shows we run more efficiently this year than 2016. We go from #1 to #14 with more favorable statistics. This means Sarks scheme is the problem. If you don’t agree with that then there’s nothing I can do, every decision is predicated on data - the data proves Sarks the wrong decision. 

Your data is meaningless and does not support your conclusion.  

Look, I get it.  We are all pissed off.  We were supposed to be real contenders for the SB.  I read many times that this was the most talented and deep Falcons team in history.  

Four guys get injured, and suddenly we are trash.  The "fault" is that we all over estimated this team's depth and quality of roster.  Regardless of stats, our OL (even when healthy) could not protect Ryan longer than 3 seconds.  They could not provide running lanes between the tackles.  The only time we gained yardage between the tackles is when Freeman bounced around like a water bug to find a crack to run through.  

If it makes you feel better, blame Sark.  Heck, you are a fan, go ahead.  But if you want anyone else to give credence to your assertions, establish your argument, back it up by relevant data and even provide video clips with your critiques.  

As for me, I will wait for Peyton Mannings Forehead to make sense of all of this.     

TheUsualStuff likes this

You are misinterpreting the stat,  it doesn’t tell you how much time Ryan had to throw. Just tells you how fast he got rid of the ball. Bree’s has quicker release, every one knows Bree’s has way more time than the stat.

TheTrue7 and TheUsualStuff like this

1 hour ago, matty72780 said:

Wow you made it all by yourself.

I don't need data to see 7 toss sweeps a game for negative yardage to know what I need to know about Sark.  

Quinn to Steve, what you got on this call?  Tos sweep Dan, but haven't you already called that play 6 times already?  Yeah, but its gonna work on one of these plays. 

RING OF HONOR and JBender like this

Usually in this situation when guys are getting beat at the point of attack it's almost always a personnel issue and we are having this for sure , but even today in Quinn's coaches show he talked about even though our line is getting beat there are still ways to.find space for the running game.  He and Arch were clearly saying without being obciously asshes that yes we have to make the online better but we also aren't doing the best we can at helping them with the play calling.   Let's all agree that this year , it's both the play calls and the lack of players on this line together causing this entire problem, I lean towards players being the bigger issue but, football is not black and white usually.   Part of the reason shanny got away with some of the calls he did in 16 was because of the line play and vice versa.

Geneaut likes this

3 hours ago, matty72780 said:

WHAT!? So let’s say you run a business and your CEO generates $100 million in revenue, then quits and you hire a new CEO that regresses your revenue to $50 million a year with the same staff that’s not the new CEO’s fault?  Not understanding your logic at all. 

Well, there are so many variables in this analogy that you are leaving out. Your logic is faulty and inconclusive. 

4 hours ago, matty72780 said:

Data doesn’t lie. Period. Data is what every successful organization uses to make any decision, without data you’re just “guessing” and guess work doesn’t work. 

That's why companies hire data scientists and not you. If you think our problems boil down to the one statistic of time to throw, you really don't understand data science. 

TheUsualStuff likes this

OP doesn't really give a good explanation on why Sark is the problem, but @R_The_Great's points about Sark over the last several months, you have to admit that he's completely on point. He's definitely not wrong that's for sure. Now as for what I've seen from the 2018 Falcons offense, it's a combination of bad O-line and mediocre offensive coordinator. I believe Kyle Shanahan in 2016 would never be successful with this banged up O-line, but you better believe Shanahan with this talent would never make us go 4 weeks in a row without scoring over 20, and that game against that #1 Ravens defense was the Falcons worst offensive performance since 1999 and 2003. In 1999 Jamal Anderson was on IR and in 2003 Vick was on IR. Our offense was so bad against the Ravens with Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Austin Hooper, and Tevin Coleman. That is unacceptable.

I really want the Falcons to have a 3rd year with Sark because I'm tired of Matt Ryan having to go through a different OC time and time again, but we may have to replace Sark if he keeps this crap up. I was never a fan of him from the beginning, but this year I've cut him some slack because of the injuries but still.... Sark is bad at adjusting when defenses figure you out. Someone pointed that out. Earlier in the year the reason we scored all those points was because all defenses across the league were adjusting to the new helmet rule, but now since everyone is used to it now defenses are starting to come together now, and Sark is right back to mediocrity. 

vitaman likes this

Statistics don't lie - people do. Sark is part of the problem, but I blame our pathetic OL more than that. And some of that is on TD for sure, but it's also injuries and players just playing terribly. I used to love Schraeder - he's been garbage. Out of NOWHERE.

We scored 33.8 ppg in 2016, btw. Not 38.

mqg96 likes this

14 hours ago, matty72780 said:

Another lie. This is worse than Trump dude. We were 28th in the league for dropped passes in 2016 with only 11.

Also, the time-to-throw stat is only time to release the ball. It doesn't account for line efficiency. We are currently the worst in the league at allowing QB hits, and on pace for Ryan to take the most sacks of his career.

This agenda is bad and you should feel bad.

16 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

You have to look for variables and other factors! Was there a coup, was there outside or other factors, was there a walk out, strike, materials shortages, insurance increase, law suit, etc...a high level claim does not support a knee jerk conclusion! 

Excuses, excuses, excuses ...................Sark has NO NFL experience........ZERO.........he is in over his head in the NFL.........he IS the problem  .

roguebeaver likes this

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Another lie. This is worse than Trump dude. We were 28th in the league for dropped passes in 2016 with only 11.

Also, the time-to-throw stat is only time to release the ball. It doesn't account for line efficiency. We are currently the worst in the league at allowing QB hits, and on pace for Ryan to take the most sacks of his career.

This agenda is bad and you should feel bad.

You meant Obama

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

This isn't a political thing dude, it's a reference to someone blatantly lying. 

That's exactly what I was talking about.  Stick to football, leave Trump out of it.