The O.D.B

Daylon Mack - Low cost 3-tech

13 posts in this topic

Currently projected from round 4-6. He was on track to go much higher but because he's a big body (335) they decided to use him at NT, where he was not good. Great quickness and disruption from a big boy when at 3.

With Grady due for a big pay day this year, we need to approach picks from a talent aspect but with our finances in mind. If Mack works out, we have a DT on the cheap for a few years as well as someone who could be very good.

Edited by The O.D.B

55 minutes ago, Cole World said:

It looks like he getting shot out of a cannon.

Yeah, for as heavy as he is he shouldn't be able to move that quick. He caught my eye last year. It's a shame A+M let him flounder at NT all year. I think someone is gonna get a good one late.

Cole World likes this

2019 East-West Shrine Game: Practice Report

• The star of the West practice was Texas A&M nose tackle Daylon Mack. In the run scrimmage, Mack was exceptional. He started off by eating up a hole up the middle to stuff a run for no gain. He then fired a gap to get a tackle for a loss. In the pass rushing one-on-ones, Mack used a swim move to get the better of Pit's Alex Bookser on a few reps. He bulled through college teammate Keaton Sutherland. Mack used his power to shed a block and then got to the quarterback for a sack in the team scrimmage. 

Mack would flash some special ability for years with the Aggies, but he was a rotational player because of bad work ethic and his failure to stay on top of his conditioning to take on a lot of snaps. Mack still needs to improve his conditioning, but he showed that he has a good skill set with quickness, pad level, power and a strong base. This was an excellent start to the week for the heavy nose tackle. 

Conditioning and work rate are the only concerns. If someone can light a fire under him, I think you'd have a player on your hands. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 0:44 AM, kiwifalcon said:

I’m on this guys train aswell.

Hes got a lot of tools his get off is ridiculous for a man of his size.