Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtybyrdGA

Hawks December game thread

142 posts in this topic

Another win, this time over Cleveland. 

Trae with 21 and 9 on 50% shooting, Collins with yet another double double, and Vince Carter with a strong offensive game to shoulder the load with Baze spraining his ankle. 

Good stuff. 

I know some don’t like the wins smfh, but this team is starting to compete and this is something to build on for the future.  Young and Carter led the way for Atlanta. They both scored 21 points. Collins added 14 to go with 12 rebounds.  Carter has been a stabilizing factor for this team. 

No.11 likes this

42 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I know some don’t like the wins smfh, but this team is starting to compete and this is something to build on for the future.  Young and Carter led the way for Atlanta. They both scored 21 points. Collins added 14 to go with 12 rebounds.  Carter has been a stabilizing factor for this team. 

The same ones complaining about wins are crying about how bad we are when we lose.. comical

blkbigdog35, jayu70 and No.11 like this

24 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

The same ones complaining about wins are crying about how bad we are when we lose.. comical

No doubt man I just try to ignore the nonsense :lol:

TheTrue7 likes this

4 minutes ago, DirtybyrdGA said:

Our annual MLK matinee turns into a NY Eve matinee I guess...I wasn't aware of the time.

Me either happen to get alert on my phone the game was on.

25 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Glad I'm not alone in having no idea the game was on lol. Got the final alert and was confused.

Glad to see that "horrible shooter" Trae Young was only 4/6 from 3. 

Trae is going to get much better.  He’s learning that it’s about quality and not quantity of shots taken.

tl;dr likes this

7 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Trae is going to get much better.  He’s learning that it’s about quality and not quantity of shots taken.

Let's hope so. The last 7-10 games seems to suggest he is indeed finally grasping this.

Tough loss today, but we are definitely showing much better lately. Did this without Baze, Prince, and Dedmon today.

blkbigdog35 likes this

12 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

His defense is never going to be elite, but at worst he can be a very good distributor on a team. Even then I think he can develop into an elite passer and an elite scorer. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

1 hour ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Let's hope so. The last 7-10 games seems to suggest he is indeed finally grasping this.

Tough loss today, but we are definitely showing much better lately. Did this without Baze, Prince, and Dedmon today.

Maturation process for sure.  Glad they are doing it without Baze and Dedmon because at some point with all the possible trade talk surrounding these two guys will have to step their games up!