Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtybyrdGA

Hawks December game thread

142 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

I'll keep saying it - Baze should not be leading our team in FG attempts like he has been doing recently...

Agree or bringing the ball up 

6 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

LOL, guess they dont want to go down as chumps tonight. Still so really bad basketball by us in the second half.

Yea 

1 minute ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

My name is Kevin Heurter, and I snatch souls for a living!

Kevin Heurter for THREEEEEEEEEEEE!

Lol :tiphat:

What a way to end it...but the Hawks have no one but themselves to blame for having to make it that close and almost lose.

I'll still take the win, but wow those turnovers in crunch time.

Someone teach those Wolves how to shoot free throws, STAT! 

9 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

What a way to end it...but the Hawks have no one but themselves to blame for having to make it that close and almost lose.

I'll still take the win, but wow those turnovers in crunch time.

Someone teach those Wolves how to shoot free throws, STAT! 

Ok, so how about this for perspective?

They made mistakes and lost the lead late, but showed some grit and pulled out a tough road win against a Western Conference opponent still in the fight for a playoff spot.

That says a lot about this team. They are no pushovers, and on most nights will be tough to beat.

tl;dr, jayu70 and blkbigdog35 like this

Recap for those that didn’t catch the game!

Kent Bazemore led the way for the Hawks totaling 23 points before also fouling out, John Collins was close behind with 21 points and 10 rebounds of his own. Two more Hawks came away with double-doubles as Dewayne Dedmon posted 19 points and 13 boards alongside Trae Young, who went for 16 points and 11 assists.

Overall, this was a very solid game for the young Hawks who could view this game as a jumping off point of sorts after being up so much in the first half, blowing it all away in the third and then scrapping their way to a victory still. This is definitely a part of the “process” that Coach Lloyd Pierce is very accustomed to.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/12/28/18159434/atlanta-hawks-final-score-recap-minnesota-timberwolves-december-28-kent-bazemore-highlights-video

3 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Ok, so how about this for perspective?

They made mistakes and lost the lead late, but showed some grit and pulled out a tough road win against a Western Conference opponent still in the fight for a playoff spot.

That says a lot about this team. They are no pushovers, and on most nights will be tough to beat.

They definitely showed grit in not giving up, but they do need to corral the turnovers as that is what let them lose the large lead. 

It's all part of the elongated process this team will be on for some time.