Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtybyrdGA

Hawks December game thread

142 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2018 at 7:44 PM, UGABOZ said:

dont know if I am a big fan of collins shooting 3's

Adding that 3 pointer and shooting it at ~35-37% will be an absolute game changer for him. He’s got pretty good body control and good enough handles to attack closeouts. Also becoming a pop threat makes him more dangerous in PnR situations because defenders can’t sell out defending the ball handler.

jayu70 and ATL Fan in the DMV like this

That boy Collins put in work tonight!

But good lord, it's super predictable what Trey Young's stat line will look like. His lack of efficiency combined with other deficiencies make him largely useless until other things start falling into place. If they do, with his passing acumen, watch it! 

9 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

But good lord, it's super predictable what Trey Young's stat line will look like. His lack of efficiency combined with other deficiencies make him largely useless until other things start falling into place. If they do, with his passing acumen, watch it! 

My attention is going to Collins  now, and rolling my eyes with Young, when I see him I don't lately see the far out 3s, but he's getting swatted or leaving his layups short 

11 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

once again does out coach help Young out? What I see every night is the same ole stuff contested 3's (no screens) a coach crossing his fingers young can through the short oop to a big, or someone else draining a 3. there is no constant to our offense, prince has regressed, alex lin is brutal, j lin is doing better than expected, collins =star, huerter plays his tail off, I mean I am at lost for words about our offense, a big key to steph game is getting screens off the ball for his beautiful shot, young never gets that 

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

That could be a compliment from Coach basically saying that he's been so good now - and that's without plays being run for him.

Whether this may or may not be the case, the more I hear from Coach about his approach, philosophy and tactics, the less I like him.

blkbigdog35, Eazy123 and Drew4719 like this

49 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

That could be a compliment from Coach basically saying that he's been so good now - and that's without plays being run for him.

Whether this may or may not be the case, the more I hear from Coach about his approach, philosophy and tactics, the less I like him.

Agreed and going forward let’s hope this changes!

8 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing but the dude is the #1 stud on the team and should be the primary on offense.

Not a fan of him saying it even if true - They've had a long break, I would like to see some plays run for JC....doing that can shift the defensive focus off Trae.

4 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Not a fan of him saying it even if true - They've had a long break, I would like to see some plays run for JC....doing that can shift the defensive focus off Trae.

Especially if they pick and roll with him and Trae

Collins didn't play in the 1st game against Dallas. I hope Pierce is set to run more of the offense through him particularly if Luka is guarding him.

Pierce better be mindful in not letting Trae shoot us out of games trying to prove he was the right pick.

7 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Collins didn't play in the 1st game against Dallas. I hope Pierce is set to run more of the offense through him particularly if Luka is guarding him.

Pierce better be mindful in not letting Trae shoot us out of games trying to prove he was the right pick.

I just hope prince does not shoot us out of the game or have tons of turnovers

1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

I just hope prince does not shoot us out of the game or have tons of turnovers

Prince is out injured for at least 3 weeks, missed last two games as well.

On December 12, 2018 at 8:41 PM, jayu70 said:

Prince is out injured for at least 3 weeks, missed last two games as well.

I know just kind of a smartass response to previous post! 

11 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

Just embarrassing 

No, not really. Don't know why you're so invested right now--everybody knows the Hawks are rebuilding. Most of the squad hasn't played more than two years in the league. They're going up against one of the top teams in the NBA on the road. How exactly did you think this was going to end? Secondly, if you were really paying attention, much of those points early on were the result of turnovers, not just bad defense. When you commit 24 turnovers, it's easy to see lopsided scores in a quarter when the other team is getting extra possessions and easy baskets because of them.

You really need to start putting this season in its proper perspective, otherwise you're pretty much going to be frustrated and mad right up until April. This season is pretty much an extended evaluation of the players we have.

Believe it or not, there are some positives to take away from these past couple of games. For example, Kevin Huerter looks to be getting more comfortable with the pro game and has really stepped it up. He's now had back-to-back games scoring a career high 19 points. Trae Young understandably is taking his lumps, but he's putting together a solid rookie season. John Collins is starting to look like a legit All-Star caliber player. That's the kind of progress you look for in a season like this, especially from your rookies and young players.