Has This Team Quit??

caponine

The one thing that annoys me to no end is when someone quits or give up, how can you respect that??. Playcalling and execution is one thing, throwing in the towel just because things were hard doesnt get you respect at all. This team has shown no fight the past few weeks. I cant respect that. I said we gave up 2 weeks ago after the loss to the Browns. And i stand by that statement. If a team quits,  coach and players. Then the team doesn’t deserve success. I would feel better knowing that we loss but gave 100% rather than losing and giving no effort at all

Edited by caponine

1 minute ago, caponine said:

The one thing that annoys me to no end is when someone quits or give up, how can you respect that??. Playcalling and execution is one thing, throwing in the towel just because things were hard doesnt get you respect at all. This team has shown no fight the past few weeks. I cant respect that. I said we gave up 2 weeks ago after the loss to the Browns. And i stand by that statement. If a team quits,  coach and players. Then the team doesn’t deserve success.

This team quit the moment they started bringing in inexperienced coaches trying to reinvent the game.   BAD HIRES YIELD BAD RESULTS!

9 minutes ago, caponine said:

The one thing that annoys me to no end is when someone quits or give up, how can you respect that??. Playcalling and execution is one thing, throwing in the towel just because things were hard doesnt get you respect at all. This team has shown no fight the past few weeks. I cant respect that. I said we gave up 2 weeks ago after the loss to the Browns. And i stand by that statement. If a team quits,  coach and players. Then the team doesn’t deserve success. I would feel better knowing that we loss but gave 100% rather than losing and giving no effort at all

I don't think they have completely quit but they have given their two week notice... 

13 minutes ago, caponine said:

soo last year?? , if im correct 

Doesn't it seem like Julio changed after Shanny was replaced with Sark?

Has the defense really bought into Manuel.

What about Bobby Taylor?

Last year was the year where the message got sent that the inmates would run the asylum in my opinion because the coaching staff brought nothing to the table at that point.

No... we suck at guard (injuries) so we get no push up the middle in the run game ..   meaning we are pass happy and those same said guards get beat in the passing game..

We lost our probowl RB 

And we know our issues with injuries on D but the DLINE is under perform.

The CBs thst was our strength are having down seasons.... 

So no .. I don't think the team has quit.. Alot of our games has come down to the las play of the game or within a score.

Just a mixture of injuries, players having down years, the injuries exposing our weaknesses, and some bad play calling at the wrong time is our issue

Yea, they kind of tapped out. 

It’s taboo to talk about but it happens.  They’ve played some bad football this year but yesterday was the first week where you could tell the disappointment of a lost season has sunk in.  

I expect them to bounce back a little for the remaining four games but it does say something when you get that kind of effort.

1 hour ago, caponine said:

This team quit moment Arthur Blank said, coaches are not an issue not Dimitroff.

The cartel of self preservation is in full mode.

So players at this point know they have nothing to play for so they are doing exactly same thing = playing not to get hurt.

They are not motivated barring few to play 100%

They want to avoid injuries which inreturn will undermine their market value.

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Yes, you don't lose 4 in a row without quitting. We lost to the Browns 1 week after they replaced their coaching staff. Our team quit

Pretty sure we beat the Panthers after replacing our coaching staff rhe year they went to the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

Our team has quit winning for a month or so.  Our team just isn't good enough this year.  We had vulnerabilities coming into the year, but the injuries hit us just right and now we're playing with our peckers hanging out.

its worse than that, every opponents has crushed our balls since the balls

3 hours ago, slamee101 said:

Yea, they kind of tapped out. 

It’s taboo to talk about but it happens.  They’ve played some bad football this year but yesterday was the first week where you could tell the disappointment of a lost season has sunk in.  

I expect them to bounce back a little for the remaining four games but it does say something when you get that kind of effort.

but how though?? if you quit, can you easily turn back on the switch

3 hours ago, atljbo said:

No... we suck at guard (injuries) so we get no push up the middle in the run game ..   meaning we are pass happy and those same said guards get beat in the passing game..

We lost our probowl RB 

And we know our issues with injuries on D but the DLINE is under perform.

The CBs thst was our strength are having down seasons.... 

So no .. I don't think the team has quit.. Alot of our games has come down to the las play of the game or within a score.

Just a mixture of injuries, players having down years, the injuries exposing our weaknesses, and some bad play calling at the wrong time is our issue

Not these last few games, since the Browns game this team hasnt given it their all