FalconinPA

Coaching changes may be coming

103 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

agreed.   We need to hire a talented OC to be head coach and get a battle-tested grisly vet like Wade Phillips or the Cowboys DC to run a defense.   The best part of Quinn is his eye for talent.   Dimitroff got magically better when taking direction from Quinn.

The bolded is why I'm nowhere near on board firing DQ. Finding guys like Senat and Oluokon show his value. 

As for a new OC, I just don't know. There is always a learning curve. Why do that again? Because the very good OCs are going to be poached to be OCs. Very good DCs haven't been successful (Bowles, Wilks, Bradley, Joseph) and are not getting poached as often (Fangio, Phillips, Patricia, Marinelli, Schwartz). Also, ironic that the better DCs in the league are former HCs. Maybe DQ needs to just take over what made him HC quality to begin with...

56 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Everyone talked about their defense before that game, but they have been garbage since.

Agreed, but their offense cant score enough is what i was referring. Defense cant hold on because offense doesn't score enough. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

3 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Quinn just said he wants to improve the turnover margin, 3rd down conversions,  and the run game.

lol

And my kid wants a pony for Christmas... not gonna happen.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

We have teams that have almost completely rebuilt in the 2-3yrs since we went to SB.   Meanwhile we are getting worse.

We are getting worse with too much talent and overpaid players, and we know we're making cuts this off season and we're gonna have to let go of players who have been around since the beginning of the Quinn era, so if we don't draft right or do the FA right, then we can only get worse. You're correct. 

KRUNKuno and g-dawg like this

48 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Agreed, but their offense cant score enough is what i was referring. Defense cant hold on because offense doesn't score enough. 

Sounds like another team I know.

3 hours ago, Skeetbird said:

Here's the truth. Quinn may not have lost his owner, or his team,(debatable) but for sure he has lost the fans.  i don't believe he is going anywhere. But I believe to save face he will have to make changes on his staff.  

He lost The Brotherhood?  Impossible!  Surely all those log-lifting sessions and motivational T-shirts weren't for naught!

Skeetbird and Flying Falcon like this

6 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

How Armstrong is still on the team is a complete mystery to be honest. 

I don't know, there's a bit of a mystery here. I mean, our special teams suck, there's no doubt, and they have for a long time.

But Armstrong used to field good special teams. So is this Quinn not giving him enough authority, or has Armstrong just lost his way? I really don't know.

7 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

I trust your word, because I don't know much about him. I was just posting it because I was reading it. 

Yeah, he is a ***** that made his way on TV by giving fantasy advice. I can’t trust a guy that looks like that to have real football knowledge lol. 

FalconinPA likes this

26 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Yeah, he is a ***** that made his way on TV by giving fantasy advice. I can’t trust a guy that looks like that to have real football knowledge lol. 

I didn't know, but now I do. 

7 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Apple Core

Baltimore

Who's your friend?

Steve Sarkisian

Just google it if you have no idea what I'm talking about

Don't care enough to Google it. 

No offense. 

This is kind of a sad thread because very few have realized and expressed what is the most likely truth there is: the problem is DQ. DQ is more likely than not going to be one of the many successful Coordinators who never achieved real success as HC. 

I agree with those who say that DQ is not up for the job. I was wrong. I thought he was. MAYBE he can grow into the job. Who knows? But, why wait for that to happen . . . or not happen?

Edited by Champagne
rogueleadersf likes this

7 hours ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

I have been thinking this for awhile now. If you have a really good offensive HC, you don't lose your whole offensive identity if your OC bounces.

I can't help but wonder if SF would be interested in a  HC trade.

17 hours ago, sdogg said:

Carolina is firing assistant coaches. We sit on our hands

Carolina has a new owner trying to make a statement. Word is Riverboat Ron isn’t safe either.

18 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Apple Core

Baltimore

Who's your friend?

Steve Sarkisian

Just google it if you have no idea what I'm talking about

LOL I remember that cartoon with chip and dale from many years ago!

Sun Tzu 7 likes this