FalconinPA

Coaching changes may be coming

102 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Not just Sark Bro. The whole staff. Quinn, Manuel, Armstrong and several position coaches.

I'd gut the place. We are headed for major roster tweaks anyway due to Dimi cap gaffes. Go deep and wide.

I think we can enact a plan that would get us back in the mix next year plus set us up for a better future.

You and I have always said 2019 will be interesting. That may have been an understatement. Something has to give.

Yeah I'd say we are about to see a shakeup similar to that of 2012.  Two new coordinators.  I hope they go with experienced guys. 

1 hour ago, high impact said:

Well any coach that has the slogan "embrace the suck" should be given his walking papers the second that crap comes out.

And that may have been the crucial moment when he lost the team........I certainly lost respect for uinn after that idiotic babble.

We need to can all 3 of our coordinators. Our special teams have been atrocious his entire tenure (Armstrong). Manuel is outclassed and Sark is well Sark... he needs to go back to college forever. We need NFL experience at all positions, look at the Chargers right now. Anthony Lynn is first time HC like Quinn, but surrounded himself in ex-head coaches in Ken Whisenhunt and Gus Bradley with Richard Smith as LB coach. He has tons of experience around him. Quinn should never be the most experienced coach on the staff, even if he's the HC. Get great coordinators...

I really wish we'd just can Sark and see what we have in Greg Knapp, if he's worth keeping as OC next year or see what candidates present themselves.

1 hour ago, high impact said:

Well any coach that has the slogan "embrace the suck" should be given his walking papers the second that crap comes out.

Little did we know he was asking us to do this for the next few years. 

Not only do his slogans aggravate me, but when they admitted to not bothering to prepare for Cleveland because "it's the Browns we'll  figure something out", I would have rolled someone's head even if it had to be the HC's. Pretty sad that this team may just become the Cleveland Browns that so many have made fun of these past few years. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

DQ aint getting fired.  

But Sark and Armstrong should get fired and Manuel may need to be fired.  

• Special Teams:
  • To my recollection, we have only defended 1 special teams trick play and that was when Grady Jarret body slammed a Seattle dude on a fake field goal just before half time.  
  • To my recollection, EVERY OTHER attempted special teams trick has worked against us.  
  • Multiple Fake punts against us that were successful.
  • We've had a number of blocked punts that have cost us games.  
  • Penalties on punt/kick returns are always an issue.  
  • Armstrong needs to go.  

Offense - We all know Sark is not NFL level.  End the experiment.  

I also still go back to TD.  His drafting is average at best.  He cannot draft offensive linemen, nor defensive linemen.  (Grady Jarrett being the exception).  

To be successful, you have to hit on rounds 3-6.  TD keeps using the corp speak of "we need to develop our talent."  Which is true.  But football is a young man's game; so that means if someone can't produce or compete into the starting line-up by year 2-3, they are a bust.  

Also, he drafts guys from these obscure schools that are what I would consider high risk.  Draft from the darn SEC first and if there is not an SEC guy who you can draft, then look at other major conferences.  

TD needs to go.  

Fire:

TD
Sark
Armstrong
I could go ether way on manuel.  

mqg96 likes this

Saw on Twitter that the Panthers already let go some position coaches. We may as well have Quinn shake up the Falcons coaching staff to send a signal. Maybe the team will respond better to Knapp to take over at OC for the last 4 games even just to end on a positive note. 

2 hours ago, E. T. said:

What DQ needs is 2 NFL proven experienced coordinators. I personally don't see DQ going anywhere anytime soon unless he sticks with the garbage coordinators he has now. Sark and Manuel have failed by not being more detail oriented. They are the ones being outcoached more so than Quinn. A better knowledgeable person at those 2 coaching positions should turn things around.

The DC and OCs lack of details falls on the HC in game planning.

Its like a CEO not reading their annual report before signing.

Ownership still rests with DQ...

Let is not forget, if we do go with two new coordinators, that will be DQs 3rd new set in 4 years as a HC...with 3DCs due to poor performance...

The common theme is the HC...a poorly defensive minded HC at that....

Im less interested in blaming TD...look at the Ravens game yesterday...I actually think our defensive unit is just as good from a personal perspective...How do you think this defense would look if the Ravens DC was running the show?!?!?

Anf that’s your answer as to the Dan Quinn issue...

AB needs to make the hard decision....

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan
Flying Falcon likes this

DQ isn't going anywhere, at least not for one more season. What I would like for this team is to can both coordinators for a vet guy, say on defense

a guy like Todd Bowles from the Jets, whom I think will be fired,  and I think he is a better DC than a head coach. OC, not sure who will be available, but

needs some kind of imaginary play calling abilities for the talent we have. No way, we should not be scoring 30 plus.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

agreed.   We need to hire a talented OC to be head coach and get a battle-tested grisly vet like Wade Phillips or the Cowboys DC to run a defense.   The best part of Quinn is his eye for talent.   Dimitroff got magically better when taking direction from Quinn.

I have been thinking this for awhile now. If you have a really good offensive HC, you don't lose your whole offensive identity if your OC bounces.

g-dawg and thanat0s like this

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

Yeah I'd say we are about to see a shakeup similar to that of 2012.  Two new coordinators.  I hope they go with experienced guys. 

Curious if we got a Vet DC should we go 3-4.

I would like to think there is some hot shot OC out there who would like the the keys to this offense before it got to old, what happened to Ito as the year went on he was used less and less Hooper did pretty good, Ridley, Sanu and Jones 

3 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

NFL insider notes: Panthers, Falcons could join Packers in making coaching changes soon

Plus the Ravens continue to shine and more from around the NFL in Week 13

Falcons with more questions than answers on offense

The Falcons are a total mess. Matt Ryan was beaten and battered before an empty and yawning stadium that is going to host the Super Bowl in a couple of months. His offensive line was punched in the chops, repeatedly, and the defense was methodically rolled and flattened by Baltimore's rushing attack to the tune of another 200-yard game.

But let's be honest, when you are paying your QB $75 million in the first two years of his new deal, it's always going to be about the offense. The Falcons have no plan or intent, it seems, and offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian made several questionable decisions yet again. Running -- when you really can't run the ball -- on fourth-and-1, into the heart of Baltimore's defense for a loss, rather than spread them and pick on a depth defensive back, was beyond foolish. It was compounded on a critical third-and-one later in the game, when Ryan made way for receiver Mohamed Sanu to attempt a 30-yard pass downfield that overshot Julio Jones. The Falcons rarely saw the ball after that, slumping to 4-8.

Owner Arthur Blank has showed restraint far longer than many of his peers have thought possible. I can't imagine that doesn't change come January.

Let the chopping begin

Blank is too naive to do what needs to be done.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

Blank is too naive to do what needs to be done.

Become a faith healer and miraculously cure all of our banged up players?

3 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

I was at the Washington game, and I wondered what happened after that big day.

he's talking about U of Washington not the Redskins lol

37 minutes ago, shc said:

Maybe we were their Cleveland Browns.

Even Napoleon had his Waterloo.  But he actually won at some point (Austerlitz).  Washington is still making the playoffs it looks like.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Dan Quinn's teams are "all over the place" - you never know from year-to-year what you are going to get out of a Dan Quinn coached team.  "Coach Brah" - I'm your friend.

One of the reasons why I felt like guys like Cox had value on this staff, even if they were imperfect coaches. If the HC is going to be your high-five buddy, your position coach is going to have to have to give you a swift kick in the butt now and again. Of course, I probably just supported values inconsistent with the "Brotherhood." 

1 hour ago, jstammer said:

Little did we know he was asking us to do this for the next few years. 

Not only do his slogans aggravate me, but when they admitted to not bothering to prepare for Cleveland because "it's the Browns we'll  figure something out", I would have rolled someone's head even if it had to be the HC's. Pretty sad that this team may just become the Cleveland Browns that so many have made fun of these past few years. 

I'm just mad he didn't wear a shirt to the game that said, "IT'S THE BROWNS."

And we had more time to prep since we played on Thanksgiving Day... 

Just fire Sark now to begin formal search sooner and let Ryan call his own plays in no-huddle with Knapp's input.  Can't be any worse...

Edited by lee sunset
marvinthemartian likes this