Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GET-ME-A-DB-TD

The Irony

32 posts in this topic

We all thought that our D getting decimated by injury was the reason for our demise. We got Jones back, He played lights out..... and what happened? Nuthin. Kazee is already better than Rico so that's a cancel and Keanu is the only thing left. 

We decided Poe/Clayborn were expendable...... unless you think Neal is the missing link. I'm absolutely done with the D by committee. I want Monte Kiffin in here calling D and Sark can stay. With that being said it looks like Quinn can stay on as the figure head or pound sand either one. Either call the F'n D or go away.

If we don't draft a Corner in the 1st we are clueless. Alford and Tru are absolutely useless......... think hard about this question......

When was the last time in history a starting CB tandem didn't have an INT in a whole season? It's getting close folks.

putnam6 and Knight of God like this

3 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

We all thought that our D getting decimated by injury was the reason for our demise. We got Jones back, He played lights out..... and what happened? Nuthin. Kazee is already better than Rico so that's a cancel and Keanu is the only thing left. 

We decided Poe/Clayborn were expendable...... unless you think Neal is the missing link. I'm absolutely done with the D by committee. I want Monte Kiffin in here calling D and Sark can stay. With that being said it looks like Quinn can stay on as the figure head or pound sand either one. Either call the F'n D or go away.

If we don't draft a Corner in the 1st we are clueless. Alford and Tru are absolutely useless......... think hard about this question......

When was the last time in history a starting CB tandem didn't have an INT in a whole season? It's getting close folks.

I agree with everything except corner. Nope. DL and OL only. Period. Maybe Kwon Alexander in FA

Sun Tzu 7, jidady, vitaman and 4 others like this

Just now, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Exactly. You can have the best corner in the world and it won’t mean crap if there is no pass rush. The game is won in the trenches!

I agree with that but if Denzel Ward got dropped in for Alford most of the season he'd have 4-5 picks. Something has happened to Rocky. He went from mid tier week 2 to to top 15 till week 5. He is complete @ss now. It's the kind of @ss that won't wash off either. Something's wrong.

Ryan has 2-3 years left. Our D will have to carry us to 2021

Kazee has not cancelled out Rico.

Kazee has more interceptions but he has more blown assignments and missed tackles than Rico had.

We rarely looked disorganized on defense with Rico.....we frequently look confused on defense with Kazee.

Corner in the first is what would be clueless.

We have a vastly more important issues at rt,rg, DT and linebacker

Beachwitter likes this

Quinn and Dimitroff just cant get pass rushers here. They cant draft them and they don't want to sign/trade for them. Without a pass rush our D will always be average even with decency in the form of DJ or Neal. Pass rushers are whats going to take us to the next level. Without them we are average. Quinn and Dimitroff havent been able to get passrushers here for 4 years another year wont do anything but waste Ryan n Julio's window.

11 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Kazee has not cancelled out Rico.

Kazee has more interceptions but he has more blown assignments and missed tackles than Rico had.

We rarely looked disorganized on defense with Rico.....we frequently look confused on defense with Kazee.

Corner in the first is what would be clueless.

We have a vastly more important issues at rt,rg, DT and linebacker

Kazee and oli need to take over next year. Which ever one you cant part ways from financially can battle Poole for the 3rd cb. 

Pray we trade back either day 1 or two and grab a few extra 2s and 3s. Then we can really fill some holes. Been getting a solid 3 instant play guys in the draft, that leaves 2-3 fa signings with the limited cap we seem to always have.  

6 minutes ago, southernbird said:

Quinn and Dimitroff just cant get pass rushers here. They cant draft them and they don't want to sign/trade for them. Without a pass rush our D will always be average even with decency in the form of DJ or Neal. Pass rushers are whats going to take us to the next level. Without them we are average. Quinn and Dimitroff havent been able to get passrushers here for 4 years another year wont do anything but waste Ryan n Julio's window.

Today was not about the pass rush....the ravens rarely threw the ball...and when they did they were in heavy max protect off the playaction.

Despite that we did a pretty decent job of getting bodies around Jackson and making him make decisions quicker than he wanted to

southernbird likes this

32 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I agree with everything except corner. Nope. DL and OL only. Period. Maybe Kwon Alexander in FA

Yup. We're losing on the lines, and that means we're losing period. We need Bosa, Oliver, Quinnen, or one of the Clemson three. Then, we need o-line. The secondary is by definition secondary.

I think we're going to get lucky and one of Bosa or Oliver is there when we pick. Quinnen is probably too much of a duplicate to Grady, but I don't even care. I'm tired of QBs having all day to throw. We need them scared and moved off the spot.

Knight of God likes this

12 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Fyi....the defense only have up 19 points....that is a big improvement over most of the last several weeks

Against a rookie QB who missed three wide open throws downfield. Jackson kept both teams in the game, just like Vick did early in his career.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Today was not about the pass rush....the ravens rarely threw the ball...and when they did they were in heavy max protect off the playaction.

Despite that we did a pretty decent job of getting bodies around Jackson and making him make decisions quicker than he wanted to

I was talking more generally like over the years.

2 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Kazee and oli need to take over next year. Which ever one you cant part ways from financially can battle Poole for the 3rd cb. 

Pray we trade back either day 1 or two and grab a few extra 2s and 3s. Then we can really fill some holes. Been getting a solid 3 instant play guys in the draft, that leaves 2-3 fa signings with the limited cap we seem to always have.  

I suspect that we will have around 50 mil or so  to spend......plus honestly the cap is so easily manipulated that I do not worry about that anymore......seeing teams like the the saints in cap he'll every year but always seeming to sign a handful of guys let's me know that it is  a joke.

but I do agree about kazee and oliver.

if I had to guess the starting secondary will be trufant,neal,rico,oliver, and kazee at nickle......which if we get more aggressive up front could be a pretty good secondary

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

Against a rookie QB who missed three wide open throws downfield. Jackson kept both teams in the game, just like Vick did early in his career.

Why does other teams defense get credit when Ryan misses a throw but we don't when it happens to us?

45 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

So I take this post as a cry for help........you want to be on team "draft for need" now don't you?? ;)

Knight of God likes this

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I suspect that we will have around 50 mil or so  to spend......plus honestly the cap is so easily manipulated that I do not worry about that anymore......seeing teams like the the saints in cap he'll every year but always seeming to sign a handful of guys let's me know that it is  a joke.

but I do agree about kazee and oliver.

if I had to guess the starting secondary will be trufant,neal,rico,oliver, and kazee at nickle......which if we get more aggressive up front could be a pretty good secondary

Id rather keep Alf then Tru, but yea with a decent rush that wouldn't be too bad. We nned to put a clause in #21 contract he mush stay within 2 yard of the los. He backs off way too much and relys on catch up speed, all to get there two seconds late. 

Cap wise, that's very true especially about the stains. But we do have Grady Julio and others that need to be resigned and Grady deservedly needs to get paid

44 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Something has happened to Rocky. He went from mid tier week 2 to to top 15 till week 5. He is complete @ss now. It's the kind of @ss that won't wash off either. Something's wrong.

Ryan has 2-3 years left. Our D will have to carry us to 2021

It’s called aging.

Alfords game was built on his Athleticism.  It looks like it may be starting to slip.

2016 was THE year and maybe 2018.  But everyone was it’s OK Quinn hires someone with very little NFL experience to run the offense.  Well here we are and two years wasted.

Lets go back to the future and bring back Koetter if he’s available.  He’s already proven he can get production out of Ryan in one offseason 

8 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Id rather keep Alf then Tru, but yea with a decent rush that wouldn't be too bad. We nned to put a clause in #21 contract he mush stay within 2 yard of the los. He backs off way too much and relys on catch up speed, all to get there two seconds late. 

Cap wise, that's very true especially about the stains. But we do have Grady Julio and others that need to be resigned and Grady deservedly needs to get paid

He plays off because that is the defense that is being called.

I agree Grady should get paid....but we will have the room to sign him and add 1 or 2 "splash" players if we really want.....

The guy I think we target is Clowney......we apparently were interested in trading up but did not And he likes the falcons as it is close to home for him....he even said he wished we would trade up for him.

I can see him being the guy that DQ  just drools over

25 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Why does other teams defense get credit when Ryan misses a throw but we don't when it happens to us?

I can't speak for anybody else, but I saw a one-dimensional offense today with an inaccurate QB. We still couldn't stop them. They were 7 out of 15 on third down. We're an absolute disgrace in all phases on defense this year.

southernbird likes this

15 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It’s called aging.

Alfords game was built on his Athleticism.  It looks like it may be starting to slip.

2016 was THE year and maybe 2018. 

In hindsight, it was the scheduling department that undid us. We never recovered from our opening night beating against Philadelphia. The injuries spiraled right from the start.

Just now, jidady said:

I can't speak for anybody else, but I saw a one-dimensional offense today with an inaccurate QB. We still couldn't stop them. They were 7 out of 15 on third down. We're an absolute disgrace in all phases on defense this year.

The ravens had a good plan (much like the browns did)...not to mention the ravens online and blockers mugged the **** out of our guys...I saw a few wwe quality sleeper holds out there

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He plays off because that is the defense that is being called.

I agree Grady should get paid....but we will have the room to sign him and add 1 or 2 "splash" players if we really want.....

The guy I think we target is Clowney......we apparently were interested in trading up but did not And he likes the falcons as it is close to home for him....he even said he wished we would trade up for him.

I can see him being the guy that DQ  just drools over

I never saw dbs so far away from receivers in Seattle, granted a better rush. But Tru is never close to anyone and he shys away from contact or only puts an arm in to strip. Unless he's replacing #44 we need size to help seal edges in the run, we get pushed or engaged way too easy and can't shed for sheet. I'd take him any day over #44 tho fosho 

For this team to do what needs to be done. Your FO , fans, and owner has got to get out of this Mama syndrome with players.

They should have send Julio packing to the highest contending bidder. If someone was willing to throw their future at us for him , to get them over the top, so be it. May have to watch him perform good for another team for a little while, but I'll bet at some point we would be happy we let him go and didn't sign him to another big contract. Dudes good, but he's not what is gonna win us a Superbowl. Giving him another big contract would be a mistake. 

Then you got Tru, Rocky, Schrader, Freeman, Grady... I'd see how many of those I could unload and maybe sign Grady, if it wasn't a big contract. He's just not that great, just good. I'd look to unload anyone else that's not producing too. 

We need to get bigger and stronger in on both lines. Alot more physical. Tough decisions have to be made to do that. I'm not saying trash all the players above, but I would look to rid myself of some of them.

Debo I would definitely sign. Grady for a reasonable contract. People say these guys "Deserve" to be paid. Yes they do, maybe Julio too. Doesn't mean we have to be the one to pay them. I would put Grady and Debo as a priority above Julios. He's older , on the down side, and has right now trade value. He's the kinda player someone might give something stupid for. If I had to keep him, he would play his contract out and then we'd talk.

vitaman likes this