Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thelonious Mingus

Can Quinn really survive a 4-12 or 5-11 season?

84 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Sark with a running game and functioning OGs might be an adequate OC. When your QB is getting destroyed and your running game is nonexistent because of the porous OL, what do you do? 

Exactly. It doesn't matter who our OC is with this broken OLine. Also we aren't rolling with a starting RB, which is hurting a lot more than people think. 

JDaveG and Vandy like this

6 minutes ago, vel said:

Sark with a running game and functioning OGs might be an adequate OC. When your QB is getting destroyed and your running game is nonexistent because of the porous OL, what do you do? 

It's kind of the OCs job to make the best of it, right?  Every team has injuries.  The Falcons situation isn't remotely unique.  The 3 most talented and highest paid linemen are healthy and in place.  Sarkisian is not adapting to the current situation. The offense should be better than it is.

Vandy likes this

59 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I want to see a C and CB in the first 4 rounds. I know that's not popular but we can still look at OL and DE in rds 1, 2, and 5 and look for help in FA as well. Mack is declining hard but hed be an awesome mentor for a year. This whole 'draft rookies and assume they can start' pholosophy by Mr Bicycle Shorts hasn't worked well overall.

I don't disagree. I think RT is a pressing issue. Schraeder has just declined big time. Thats a first round pick, possibly. I do think an OC to groom is smart. I'm high on Jonah Williams at RT in first round (he's a Jake Matthews type IMO) and Chris Lindstrom from BC in second or third. Big heavy handed G and road grader

12 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I don't disagree. I think RT is a pressing issue. Schraeder has just declined big time. Thats a first round pick, possibly. I do think an OC to groom is smart. I'm high on Jonah Williams at RT in first round (he's a Jake Matthews type IMO) and Chris Lindstrom from BC in second or third. Big heavy handed G and road grader

I hear good things about the BC kid. 

But Rd 1 has got to be DL. I’m not a draft guru like @Kayoh(:)), but appears to moi’ that there’s too much talent there in upper tier of Rd 1 to not pull that trigger, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I hear good things about the BC kid. 

But Rd 1 has got to be DL. I’m not a draft guru like @Kayoh(:)), but appears to moi’ that there’s too much talent there in upper tier of Rd 1 to not pull that trigger, IMO. 

I get that.but the draft is deep in DL prospects. If they want a RT, they’re going early. It’s a meh class. Lindstrom is impressive.  He may sneak in first or second depending on combine. 

I hate to bring up that trashy team from the swamp, but the one thing the Saints do consistently right is they shore up the middle of the line so Brees can step up and deliver under pressure.  And it's the one thing we do consistently wrong.  We cheap out on guards.

We need to take that position very seriously and invest draft and FA capital into it.  It really is that simple.

Vandy likes this

On 12/3/2018 at 0:22 PM, autigerfan said:

A HC with Quinn's resume (2 playoff appearance with one Super Bowl appearance in 4 seasons) should survive with even a blemished injury riddled season.  His game management does need to improve, but I haven't seen a coach as good at player development since I started watching the Falcons in 1995.

*threw away a Superbowl title due to incompetence.