jlrfalcon

All That Matters - Blank: ‘I haven’t lost any faith in coach Quinn or Thomas’

50 posts in this topic

Atlanta Falcons 
4 hours ago
By 

Falcons owner Arthur Blank was not pleased after the 26-16 loss to the Ravens on Sunday. 
“It’s very difficult,” Blank said after the team’s fourth straight defeat. “It’s difficult for our fans. It’s difficult for our organization. But, I’ll take a long view.”

The Falcons were considered a Super Bowl contender this season, but after series of injuries they are 4-8 with four games to play.

“This is a difficult period for coach (Dan Quinn),” Blank said. “I think back over the years we’ve had together and the incredible job that he’s done, the players and coaches. We’re in a difficult time right down. They’ll figure out the answers.”

Blank said he still has faith in his top football men, who helped to guide the Falcons to the playoffs the past two season and to Super Bowl LI after the 2016 season. 

“I haven’t lost any faith in Coach Quinn or (general manager) Thomas (Dimitroff),” Quinn said. “They’ll do the evaluations. They always evaluate at the end of the year. That’s what they do. They do it whether if we are 16-0 or 0-16. That’s what they do. They’ll do that again this year.”  

35 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:
“They’ll do the evaluations. They always evaluate at the end of the year. That’s what they do. They do it whether if we are 16-0 or 0-16. That’s what they do. They’ll do that again this year.”  

Whoever is doing the evaluations on the Oline, especially the guard spots, needs to GTFO of town.  And Mr Blank, don't fall for the bullish talk.  All teams do evaluations at the end of the year, and most good teams do it after every game.  Problem is when you keep doing all these evaluations and keep coming up with the same **** oline/dline. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan2Julio11 said:

All of you are overreacting because you had high expectations for the season. 40% of the line is Ir on offense. And you saw today just having debo back changed the defense. We will have a top 10 pick, and a lot of injured players back. 

Falcons have the same OL from 2017 with Ridley added to the team.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Im driving....I didn't even realize I did that...lol...:lol:

Driving is no excuse!  Get your **** together!   F*** driving!!!!

This is TATF!   We need you!!!!!!! 

RING OF HONOR likes this

Ever since they won in Washington, this team has looked completely unprepared in every phase of the game. You can blame the coordinators and position coaches for not getting the guys ready. You can blame Quinn for not having them prepared. Blank won't make a move during the season. It would not be a surprise to see some coaching changes but injuries are gonna take the blame here and there won't be many changes.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

35 minutes ago, Ryan2Julio11 said:

All of you are overreacting because you had high expectations for the season. 40% of the line is Ir on offense. And you saw today just having debo back changed the defense. We will have a top 10 pick, and a lot of injured players back. 

If only players didn't age and physically regress you might have a point.

Mack will be a year older and could start to slide. Julio could lose a step.  Alford or Schrader could fall off a cliff.... oh wait that's happening now.

Every year is different.  You can never assume just because they were OK last year they'll be OK this year.

Levitre can't stay healthly.  Fusco kind of sucked to begin with.  Schrader looks like he's done.

The problems on the oline aren't going away when players come back from injury.

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

Like I said in previous threads, I can’t even put this all on Quinn because it starts with Arthur Blank not knowing a thing about football.

Blind loyalty will always keep you behind schedule.

If we could fire Arthur Blank we should.... He obviously don't give a darn thing about winning that's for sure.. . hmmm and i thought i hated jerry jones 

Edited by BraveFalcon11
MoFalconsFan56 likes this

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

For those of you counting at home... this is the 2nd dreaded 'vote of confidence'

That means he's probably not going anywhere this season but his *** is on the hot seat as soon as the season is over...and there may have to be a few changes on the staff.

Wait a second... I hope you're right. Because that would be the best move to make and that's to put pressure on that loser and staff... 

We also need to draft a young QB to put pressure on matty melt too...

Edited by BraveFalcon11
MoFalconsFan56 likes this

I'm rooting for us to lose the rest of the way now. Whats The point of 8-8 or 7-9? The worst thing that can happen is for this team to show it has a pulse only for us to end up in this very same position next year. Quinn and Dimitroff are bums. Dimitroff will NEVER be a GM anywhere else and Quinn will be in coordinator/consultant purgatory for many years before he gets another head coaching job if at all.

I want to see blowout losses in front of an empty dome so we can find out once and for if AB is just another Rankin Smith.

rogueleadersf likes this

2 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Like I said in previous threads, I can’t even put this all on Quinn because it starts with Arthur Blank not knowing a thing about football.

Blind loyalty will always keep you behind schedule.

Said this all along as well.

Owner has accepted mediocrity....there are have been same glaring issues with Falcons even before Dan Quinn got here.

Inability in beefing up trenches.....and Dimitroff has year after year failed to do it.

If this conitnues next year Ill be shocked to see us being relevant in foreseeable future.

As one rightly said = EMBRACE THE SUCK! 

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Manuel and Armstrong MUST be fired this off season. If they aren't then Quinn will be fired next off season. Sark should be ont he hot seat as well.

Scheme wise we are soooo effin predictable...ZERO ELEMENT of surprise.

We are sooo effin predictable its not even funny.

I firmly believe we are waay behind where the new gen football is heading....we are stuck just cant move forward.

All other teams at bottom have figured it out and getting better....we are heading in abysmal hole.

Horrendous offensive show today.

WORST ive seen since our arses got pancaked in New York by Giants in playoffs.