Did I hear Quinn say "we are looking to execute better in the next quarter of the season"??

Tmodel66

This was on the radio postgame today.  The quote may not be exact, but pretty close.

I am so tired of the coachspeak.  Can our head coach not say we really need to make some tough evaluations after losing four in a row?

Yes, we have four games left, but the problem is that we have been so bad that it doesn't matter any more.

1 minute ago, Tmodel66 said:

This was on the radio postgame today.  The quote may not be exact, but pretty close.

I am so tired of the coachspeak.  Can our head coach not say we really need to make some tough evaluations after losing four in a row?

Yes, we have four games left, but the problem is that we have been so bad that it doesn't matter any more.

Dude is just trying to save his job.... Maybe.. But no it doesn't matter anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Tmodel66 said:

Always deflecting blame to execution on the players. Yes, there were several plays left on the field, but this coaching staffs ineltitude to game plan and prepare for the opponent is terrible. Furthermore, the inability to make 2nd half adjustments has plagued Dan Quinn his entire career...lastly, the OC and DC haven’t shown one ounce of ability in playcalling the last 4 games that warrents a $500k salary and playcalling duties in the NFL....I’ve never seen a team blitz less in my life...or an OC fun the same bad running plays for loss over and over

1 hour ago, Tmodel66 said:

Yea, the "coach speak" gets tiring after a while --- especially, when you're losing. 
And like you, I want to hear them say things about tough evaluations! 
But more than likely, those kinds of things will be said behind closed doors....Quinn doesn't seem like a coach who would throw anybody under the bus, in the media. 
All I know is, there has to be some changes made!  Whether it's OC, DC, O-line coach, D-line coach, whatever.  Something's wrong, and it has to get fixed....and that is up to the HEAD COACH to do....otherwise, he needs to be fired, too!!! 

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Lol, what coaches run to the podium and throw shade on other coaches or players? 

And as soon as they did, y’all would be crying about that.

bottom line is y’all are about bitchhing, gotta find something.

Eggs act lee. 

Fans are unrealistic. They want coaches to just light fires at press conferences when things don't go well. 

You know even the great Belichick doesn't even do that. There's a reason we have the "We're on to Cincinnati" sound clip. 

Quinn is hardly much different than most other coaches in this regard. You have your occasional outlier, but for the most part they all have some variation of coach speak that they throw out to the masses. 

Every now and then you have your Parcells who might be more willing to use the press as a motivational method or a way to fire a shot over the bow, but Quinn has been consistent in his pressers from day 1.

There is very little eye opening material in this things ever; when things are good or bad.

If you choose to even listen when things are going bad with the team expecting him to express your own frustration as a fan, then you will most surely be disappointed. In fact you should save yourself some time and just go outside and smash your thumb with a hammer.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Lol, what coaches run to the podium and throw shade on other coaches or players? 

And as soon as they did, y’all would be crying about that.

bottom line is y’all are about bitchhing, gotta find something.

4-8 lol. Plenty to be unhappy about. I’m not bitchhing though, I just quit watching. I can assure you Arthur Blank and the NFL is more worried about that than complaining. 

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

He says the same **** every coach says. This is not exclusive to Dan Quinn.

No, not every coach stands up there breathlessly saying how stoked we are to have a chance to come our and perform in "the last quarter" (of the season).  In fact, Quinn comes across as more of an aerobics instructor or motivational speaker than a coach in how he deals with adversity.

Belichick mumbles, but he calls a spade a spade and generally gripes about what could have been done better before he says "We are moving on to (next opponent".  Saban also is a coach who isn't dropping platitudes and calls out people when they don't perform well.

What is done is done, and his comments aren't going to win the game for you in retrospect, but I think the rah rah must also be getting old with the team.  I know it is with me.

19 minutes ago, Tmodel66 said:

No, not every coach stands up there breathlessly saying how stoked we are to have a chance to come our and perform in "the last quarter" (of the season).  In fact, Quinn comes across as more of an aerobics instructor or motivational speaker than a coach in how he deals with adversity.

Belichick mumbles, but he calls a spade a spade and generally gripes about what could have been done better before he says "We are moving on to (next opponent".  Saban also is a coach who isn't dropping platitudes and calls out people when they don't perform well.

What is done is done, and his comments aren't going to win the game for you in retrospect, but I think the rah rah must also be getting old with the team.  I know it is with me.

This is not true at all. BB won't even mention players by name. It's fan fiction dreamed up by people here.

1 hour ago, vel said:

Eggs act lee. 

Fans are unrealistic. They want coaches to just light fires at press conferences when things don't go well. 

You know even the great Belichick doesn't even do that. There's a reason we have the "We're on to Cincinnati" sound clip. 

Homeboy at least acts like he gaf, he might not throw anyone under the bus but when he leaves the podium people know he's not happy. 

You also wouldn't see him or a player smiling on the sidelines after a piss poor showing like we see nearly every week.

Just now, Duff_Man said:

This is not true at all. BB won't even mention players by name. It's fan fiction dreamed up by people here.

I did't say BB mentions his players by name. 

I did say that if BB or Saban (or most coaches in the NFL) had just lost four games in a row and eliminated themselves from playoff contention that they wouldn't be giving us platitudes about "winning in the fourth quarter" (or the season) when you have given yourself no opportunity to win because you blew that opportunity.

Be honest, if you had heard that BS constantly for the last four years as a player, wouldn't you tune him out, too?