Atl Falcon

Dan Quinn - yay or nay

64 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Falc_Fan_Since_Six said:

Agreed, really ridiculous for there to be any sort of "fire the coach" threads on this board right now. Fortunately, I don't think AB is as knee jerk as some people here seem to be. 50 dang years I've been watching this team and watching football in general. Firing a coach every three or four years is not the answer.

It is if they are not competent. Quinn is clueless. He is a DC , that's all he is. 

PokerSteve likes this

This is not a tough call. The Packers just fired McCarthy, who is a PROVEN SB winning head coach. That's probably something that Dairy Queen won't ever be able to say.

putnam6 likes this

37 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Unfortunately, it would take something totally unimaginable to get rid of Quinn before next season.  Blank has the United all on his mind to offset any negative thoughts about the Falcons and would accept a 4-12 season right now.

The more likely scenarios are the firing of a coordinator or bringing on "assistants" to address problems like time-management.  And, a new OC would probably bring back the issues of new playbook adjustment.

Agree. Blank isn't firing Quinn even if we finish 4-12. I don't see them firing Sark either, but I don't think it would be a bad move. He's out of his depth and doesn't appear to think well on the fly. Manuel has shown even less than Sark.

If the team doesn't make some major change on the coaching staff and they stumble out of the gate next season, Quinn's going to take some serious heat for not addressing what are obvious problems with this staff.

Me, I'd get rid of Manuel and Sark. I don't see either of them ever being able to put together an elite offense or defense. At least not in the playing time left for Ryan and Julio. Let Quinn take over the D and Knapp be the OC. Get some OL and DL help and hope those are enough changes to give this team one more chance at a SB title.

Bigbenright likes this

53 minutes ago, Falc_Fan_Since_Six said:

Firing a coach every three or four years is not the answer.

It's never the answer. The man took us to the Super Bowl, and ****** up....we all agree on that. Sean Payton had 3 7-9 seasons in a row, and hes a genius. Dont let stupid run your franchise. 

Falc_Fan_Since_Six likes this

Bucs ahead of the Falcons in the standings even with a sex offender at QB who’s been benched as well as missed several games due to suspension.

20 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Fire the entire coaching staff. The entire staff. Quinn, Manuel, Sark, the dude who makes the gatorade, all of them.

Call Blank and convince him - I just hope that an empty dome for the Cardinals game (no Cards fans will be coming?, no Falcons fans?) might convince him.

PokerSteve likes this

It’s time to blow it up.  There are system coaches and coaches.  The difference is a true coach (The Hoddie), can adjust his scheme to take advantage of the player’s strength.  We have too much talent on this team to not compete.  It’s time to move on and get us a young offensive minded coach.  With that being said, we need to fire our system coaches.

Edited by asb falcon
Typo

1 hour ago, FalconinPA said:

Anybody else thinks Quinn is in the Acceptance stage of grief. He is smiling and laughing when we screw up on different plays. He has accepted that this them is putrid and has given up on the season.

Even more reason to fire him. 

Fire Sark and Manuel this offseason.

Let the Quinn bring in new blood for our coordinators.

Evaluate Quinn after the 2019 season.

If we still still suck then we know that Quinn doesn’t have the ability to hire a coaching staff that can win. 

If we have the same dirth of depth we had this year then TD needs to go as well. 

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Well Mike McCarthy just got fired. 

Yeah, he got canned for losing to lowly cardinals at home. Those kind of losses are coach killers.

Who do we play in 2 weeks? :ninja:

PokerSteve and ya_boi_j like this

Vaughn McClure ESPN Staff Writer 

Falcons owner Arthur Blank: ``It's very difficult. It's difficult for our fans. It's difficult for the organization. But, I take a long view, and this is a difficult period for the coach. When I think back over the years we've had together, the incredible job that he's done. ... We're in a difficult time right now. They'll figure out the answers. ... I haven't lost any faith in coach [Dan] Quinn or [GM] Thomas [Dimitroff]. They always evaluate the end of the year. That's what they do [whether] it's 16-0 or 0-16. And they'll do that again this year.''

8 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Vaughn McClure ESPN Staff Writer 

Falcons owner Arthur Blank: ``It's very difficult. It's difficult for our fans. It's difficult for the organization. But, I take a long view, and this is a difficult period for the coach. When I think back over the years we've had together, the incredible job that he's done. ... We're in a difficult time right now. They'll figure out the answers. ... I haven't lost any faith in coach [Dan] Quinn or [GM] Thomas [Dimitroff]. They always evaluate the end of the year. That's what they do [whether] it's 16-0 or 0-16. And they'll do that again this year.''

You dont build Home Depot on knee jerk reactions. It's a **** year folks....you dont forfeit the war because you lost a battle.

Falc_Fan_Since_Six likes this

Yay. 

Im not ready to see Quinn go after one bad year. We made the playoffs two years in a row after going 8-8 in his first year. Being reactionary is not the way to go.

Manuel and Sark however need to pack their bags. Dimitroff too unless he’s suddenly able the draft for the trenches. 

53 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

You dont build Home Depot on knee jerk reactions. It's a **** year folks....you dont forfeit the war because you lost a battle.

Not ready to give up on DQ but he’s going to have to adjust his way of building this team.

Nay, there have been way too many big leads blown during his tenure, most of all the historical Super Bowl collapse.  Honestly, I'd blow the whole thing up and start over from scratch, including the front office.