Atl Falcon

Dan Quinn - yay or nay

64 posts in this topic

Just saying I’ve been all in for Quinn but today coaching lost the game. It’s not the first time DQ or staff cost us a game - but can we count on him  or is it time for change. And when we’re talking change - that includes TD - the guy that can’t build trenches in 10 years on the job? What do we do moving forward.... is it time to clean house? There’s a lot to consider - Matt’s umpteen OC- can Sark do it.... is our defense to simple? I mean really.... how do we resolve the issue here??? AB has to take a step back and make a game changing decision. Time is running out with a talented roster- tell me what’s best

Yay Quinn, nay on dark and marquand.  Need a solid OC so Quinn doesn't have to focus on offense much and can help the D more since hes not a offense guy. Need someone more qualified for defense to work with quinn

campdirtybirdz likes this

Yay, on Quinn ---- Nay, on Snark. 

Get an experienced NFL Off. Coord. and fix our O-line, and I think we would all be amazed at the difference it would make!!!  Only thing, I would hate for Ryan & Co. to have to go through learning another OC's system....but seriously, this guy ain't gettin' it ---

PokerSteve and GreggT like this

21 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Just saying I’ve been all in for Quinn but today coaching lost the game. It’s not the first time DQ or staff cost us a game - but can we count on him  or is it time for change. And when we’re talking change - that includes TD - the guy that can’t build trenches in 10 years on the job? What do we do moving forward.... is it time to clean house? There’s a lot to consider - Matt’s umpteen OC- can Sark do it.... is our defense to simple? I mean really.... how do we resolve the issue here??? AB has to take a step back and make a game changing decision. Time is running out with a talented roster- tell me what’s best

I would put everybody on a 4 game watch list. Coaches and players. I would have fired Dimi five years ago.

Nay. I've seen nothing that shows me that he's a good X and O coach. He's made some horrible position coaching hires, except for Shannanhan (who was far more responsible for us going to the SB). I just can't think of anything you can point to and say he's the guy. 

UK13, GreggT, NCFalconfan and 2 others like this

Quinn seems to have lost this team today. I would definitely buy some type of tickets for Sark and Manuel to leave the city of Atlanta. This team stinks right now and it starts at the top. Only reason I would keep Sark is because Ryan would yet again have a new offensive coordinator to get used to, you know what **** it fire him. Glad I don't make decisions.

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I would put everybody on a 4 game watch list. Coaches and players. I would have fired Dimi five years ago.

You also would have drafted Kai Forath and cut Matt Bryant.

Unfortunately, it would take something totally unimaginable to get rid of Quinn before next season.  Blank has the United all on his mind to offset any negative thoughts about the Falcons and would accept a 4-12 season right now.

The more likely scenarios are the firing of a coordinator or bringing on "assistants" to address problems like time-management.  And, a new OC would probably bring back the issues of new playbook adjustment.

PokerSteve likes this

4 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Keep the coaching staff. Dont make full blown changes until absolutely necessary. They've eared a mulligan. 

Revisit this question next year. Same bat time, same bat channel. 

Agreed, really ridiculous for there to be any sort of "fire the coach" threads on this board right now. Fortunately, I don't think AB is as knee jerk as some people here seem to be. 50 dang years I've been watching this team and watching football in general. Firing a coach every three or four years is not the answer.

kiwifalcon and theDIRTYcode like this

13 minutes ago, Falc_Fan_Since_Six said:

Not time for the question on Quinn. He deserves the benefit of a doubt for this season and probably whatever happens the next. His worst coaching decision ever was not to overrule Shanny in the SB. Three straight runs, kick the field goal and Atlanta has a Lombardi. End of story.

I had a slight flashback and breakdown reading this.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

**** to the nayyy . He’s gotta go . Shoulda been let go for 28-3. What dumb as HC “let’s” his OC throw a 25 point lead down the drain ? A bought HC or a dumb HC .. both can go . 

He's a first time head coach. He made a bad mistake not overruling Shanny but he went with what got them there which was being aggressive. Would you rather have ultra conservative Mike Smith back? I hate to call names but anyone thinking about firing Quinn is just being short sighted and stupid!

kiwifalcon likes this

Anybody else thinks Quinn is in the Acceptance stage of grief. He is smiling and laughing when we screw up on different plays. He has accepted that this them is putrid and has given up on the season.

Drbob likes this

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

Quinn is obviously not HC quality.  He is strictly a DC.  If you have read the Peter Principle, he has risen to his highest level of incompetence.  I would say the very same thing for Shanny in SF.  He doesn't have the demeanor to be a head coach, he eventually pisses EVERYBODY off from top to bottom.  AB's ego won't allow him to fire Quinn this year, but Sark will have to pay the price for this year.  He is simply incompetent, and should go back to the college ranks, where he earned his stripes. Unless quinn hires an OC who can revive this team, he will be gone after next year.