Dirtybird3

Top 5 Top 5 Top 5!!

111 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Unfortunately, we still have TB and AZ on the schedule along with downward spiraling GB and Carolina. We won't be picking 5th folks, so don't get your hopes up. 

I do think GB and the Panthers can beat us on the road, and TB is rising fast with Winston back in the fold, but no way should we lose at home to AZ, which lands us around pick #8.

We lost to the Browns and Cinci. Anything is possible. 

Flying Falcon likes this

3 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Not really, usually that means your qb play is the issue. 

Well QB play clearly is an issue in the same way it is for GB this season. If you can't catch and block, you better go draft Mike Vick 2.0 

9 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Well QB play clearly is an issue in the same way it is for GB this season. If you can't catch and block, you better go draft Mike Vick 2.0 

Still, not true, lol. One, Rodgers is as mobile as they come without being a 'mobile' qb and he's been injured this year. But that still doesn't mean the qb is the blame for a top 5 draft pic. Why waste drafting another qb and changing you entire philosophy, sit a top 5 qb, when you can draft and upgrade your lines and scheme and play calling. Change that while keeping the qb make more sense than drafting a new one, just because you ended up top 5 due to the sheet put around you 

Just now, Macknsweetjones said:

Get Ed Oliver/ Deandre Baker/ DE get rid of Vic *** or pay him peanuts..**** trade Alford or trufant idc 

At this point I'll take the dead money, #MaddenMode fawk it 

8 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Still, not true, lol. One, Rodgers is as mobile as they come without being a 'mobile' qb and he's been injured this year. But that still doesn't mean the qb is the blame for a top 5 draft pic. Why waste drafting another qb and changing you entire philosophy, sit a top 5 qb, when you can draft and upgrade your lines and scheme and play calling. Change that while keeping the qb make more sense than drafting a new one, just because you ended up top 5 due to the sheet put around you 

My apologies...I thought the sarcasm was obvious, fitting the mood of the day.

Win football games and build some confidence. The talent is there with a few exceptions. Tanking will not help. Pick 5...pick 16...I could care less as long as they pick up the right FAs and draft the best option when they are on the clock. You'll never make me believe tanking is a legit move for a winning organization. If you go that route...you've already lost. 

Just now, falcndave said:

My apologies...I thought the sarcasm was obvious, fitting the mood of the day.

Win football games and build some confidence. The talent is there with a few exceptions. Tanking will not help. Pick 5...pick 16...I could care less as long as they pick up the right FAs and draft the best option when they are on the clock. You'll never make me believe tanking is a legit move for a winning organization. If you go that route...you've already lost. 

Oh ok that's my bad then, I didn't pick up on it. 

It's hard for me to say 'not tank' but also not get upset if we were to lose draft positioning. Positioning doesn't guarantee successful picks but if I'm not mistaken the higher the pick the higher the trade compensation when trying to trade up. So take advantage and get a few extra and move back a little bit. 

1 minute ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Oh ok that's my bad then, I didn't pick up on it. 

It's hard for me to say 'not tank' but also not get upset if we were to lose draft positioning. Positioning doesn't guarantee successful picks but if I'm not mistaken the higher the pick the higher the trade compensation when trying to trade up. So take advantage and get a few extra and move back a little bit. 

If the team decides that they want to find out of we need to add a RB, so they elect to give Hill and Ito a lot of run the rest of the way, that is a legit move. That is not tanking. Tanking is making deliberate moves to lose a game. I'm all for evaluating players with a long range purpose in mind. If you happen to empty your bench and activate a couple of guys you normally wouldn't each week for player evaluation purposes, I'm all for that. Since you can't evaluate your depth in pre-season, now is the perfect time to evaluate it. You'll learn more by watching them play next to NFL players than a bunch of roster fillers next Summer.

Unlike pre-season, I think these games do matter. The players and coaches are professionals and the fans are paying for a product. So, try to win. If you've got a chance to pull it out with 3 minutes to go, call your timeouts, roll out your studs and try to get it done.

NoTalentAssClown and vitaman like this

12 minutes ago, falcndave said:

If the team decides that they want to find out of we need to add a RB, so they elect to give Hill and Ito a lot of run the rest of the way, that is a legit move. That is not tanking. Tanking is making deliberate moves to lose a game. I'm all for evaluating players with a long range purpose in mind. If you happen to empty your bench and activate a couple of guys you normally wouldn't each week for player evaluation purposes, I'm all for that. Since you can't evaluate your depth in pre-season, now is the perfect time to evaluate it. You'll learn more by watching them play next to NFL players than a bunch of roster fillers next Summer.

Unlike pre-season, I think these games do matter. The players and coaches are professionals and the fans are paying for a product. So, try to win. If you've got a chance to pull it out with 3 minutes to go, call your timeouts, roll out your studs and try to get it done.

That im down for. I wanna see Oliver out there forsure. Either #21 is getting replaced #23 next year, would love to see em replaced by oli and Kazee tbh. Get him and rico all on the field together 

3 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Unfortunately, we still have TB and AZ on the schedule along with downward spiraling GB and Carolina. We won't be picking 5th folks, so don't get your hopes up. 

I do think GB and the Panthers can beat us on the road, and TB is rising fast with Winston back in the fold, but no way should we lose at home to AZ, which lands us around pick #8.

We DO NOT need to be picking at #8. We have a very poor track record picking at #8. See Jamaal Busterson and Vic Bustly.

Flying Falcon likes this

5 minutes ago, vanhino said:

We DO NOT need to be picking at #8. We have a very poor track record picking at #8. See Jamaal Busterson and Vic Bustly.

Vic was 8th huh? But jeez don't mention that name jb roun here any more 

raw&ehk=aQQZDy17kw9epWXZZDX0Wg

Edited by Dirtybird3
vanhino and falconsd56 like this

12 hours ago, falcndave said:

Cheer all you want. The hard truth is that if your talent earns you a top 5 pick...you need more than a top 5 pick to right the ship. 

Possibly...but tell that to the 2008 draft with ryan @ 3.

8 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

Let’s just forget about Neal and Jones huh? I guess it helps for your garbage argument. Last year people were wetting their pants over how good Quinn and TD drafted. Need I remind you about Mike Smith and his drafting? Yeah talk about garbage. 

You dam sho didn't see me wetting my pants over how well Dimi drafts. He sucks monkey balls and is the main reason we're getting exposed. Couldn't build a solid Oline or front seven after 11 drafts.  Should have been fired years ago. 

FalconinPA and Pacific_Falcon like this

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What has Sark done to help the Falcons offense get out of this slump? What has he done to prove he's the man capable of getting the most out of this talent?

I am not an expert on formations, strategy and the like.  However, I see WR's either open or breaking free on deeper routes.....only to have excessive pressure on our QB altering the timing between QB and WR.  I see LB's flowing away from runs, only to have them have time to adjust because running lanes are clogged by DL's.  In other words, I see well designed plays getting squashed by poor execution....especially by our OL.  

I don't think that a new OC will change much, as long as our OL's don't block.  Wes Schweitzer is not starting material and the same goes for any of the OG's we will likely see this season.  Levitre is an injury risk, so he is not an answer.  Schraeder's struggles are well documented.  We have only two of the five OL's playing at a reasonably good level and one of those guys is staring to get up in age.  

This is not on OC problem, in my opinion.  It is a personnel problem.   

NoTalentAssClown likes this

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Possibly...but tell that to the 2008 draft with ryan @ 3.

That was my point. Was Ryan the only significant addition that year?

15 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

I think we need to stop drafting the small n' fast players for a bit. I want that Ravens defense.

Yes we need a 340lb run stuffing DL.

SpongeDad likes this

The top 3 teams will MTL stay the same. With 4 games to go.

Cardinals have: Lions, @ Falcons, Rams, @ Seahawks

Lions have: @ Cardinals, @ Bills, Vikings, @ Packers

Giants have: @ Redskins, Titans, @ Colts, Cowboys

Bills have: Jets, Lions, @ Patriots, Dolphins

Jags have: Titans,  Redskins, @ Dolphins, @ Texans

Pacific_Falcon likes this

36 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I hope we don't win another game!

I know we don't look good, but neither does GB and Arizona. We'll probably take those 2 and lose the division games. 

On 12/2/2018 at 5:20 PM, atljbo said:

If we walk out of the draft with Oliver or williams and a impact Guard in the 2nd round.... This Sucky *** season was worth it

I would give up this season to get Williams with 5th yr option and impact guard too. Williams and grady would be nearly unmatched.

Dutty Ole Bird and atljbo like this