Dirtybird3

Top 5 Top 5 Top 5!!

111 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, fan since 1968 said:

It reminds me of when we wouldn't trade Tony Gonzales in his last season. Extra picks are like gold. You never know when you'll need one to trade for a Ty Sambrailo or Jordan Richards.

The Falcons didn't trade Tony G because he didn't want to be traded. When you've been around as long as he was at the time you get respect of being traded or not. He didn't want to be traded so no trade.

Link

5 minutes ago, Sandy5prings said:

****! I know that being a HC requires you to be an optimist but it was clear after the Dallas game that we were toast. 

Dallas game was after the trade deadline. Trade deadline was week 9.

18 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How in the **** do you figure?

Falcons are 9th here.

Link

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So HTH has nothing to do with draft order?

Crazy, Right?

That’s same thing I was thinking, but it appears SOS is the 1st tie breaking rule when it comes to draft order.

Falconsfan567 likes this

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The Falcons didn't trade Tony G because he didn't want to be traded. When you've been around as long as he was at the time you get respect of being traded or not. He didn't want to be traded so no trade.

Link

I didn't remember that. There's a lot about that season that I've tried to forget just like I'm trying to forget about this season.

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000271778/article/tony-gonzalez-open-to-trade-but-falcons-wont-do-it

Tony Gonzalez was wishy washy.

15 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So HTH has nothing to do with draft order?

When multiple teams have the same record....they move to the other tie breaking scenarios....not sure what the order of them are though.....

7 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

When multiple teams have the same record....they move to the other tie breaking scenarios....not sure what the order of them are though.....

Tie-Breaking Procedure For Selection Meeting

1. Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
  2. The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
  3. The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
  4. The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
  5. The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.

If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

RING OF HONOR likes this

28 minutes ago, Nu Dirty Birdz said:

@Falconsfan567 go back and look at the “tie breaker” rules for draft order (among teams with same record).

Among teams currently at 4-8, we are picking 2nd behing Jacksonville.

Even if the Jets do pull out there win against the Titans, they have same sos as Jags, and would pick ahead of us, which would have us picking 6th if season were over today.

That's wrong. We have the hardest strength of schedule among 4-8 team. Not sure where you're getting your data.

We are currently at 5th like the OP said.

8 minutes ago, Cole World said:

That's wrong. We have the hardest strength of schedule among 4-8 team. Not sure where you're getting your data.

We are currently at 5th like the OP said.

The team with the hardest strength of schedule picks last among teams with the same record.

Theoretically, a team with an easier strength of schedule who lost the same amount of games as a team with a higher strength of schedule sucks more, therefore picks ahead of the team with the higher SOS.

1 hour ago, Dirtybird3 said:

We are currently in slot #5 in the draft with that giants win. 

giphy.gif&ehk=uZdjxu1qFT2LyRuMQaAC%2BA

Cheer all you want. The hard truth is that if your talent earns you a top 5 pick...you need more than a top 5 pick to right the ship. 

Pacific_Falcon likes this

8 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Cheer all you want. The hard truth is that if your talent earns you a top 5 pick...you need more than a top 5 pick to right the ship. 

You are right to a point.

This year has been one big cluster fudge of bad luck...from injuries to multiple key players to bad officiating....to unlucky bounces...I mean how many times are teams going to recover their own fumble???

When you combine all of that with just lack luster play.....drops,mental mistake, .missing open holes, missing open receivers,spotty at best offensive line play........you have the recipe for this type of year.

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

I can't get too excited. I think Dimitroff and Quinn would pick Vic Beasley over Claude Humphrey or Peria Jerry over Aaron Donald.

The sooner the tankers understand this the better off we'll all be.

Flying Falcon likes this

4 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I hope we never win another game from here on out.

if we can keep the panthers from having a winning season we need to bet them.

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The sooner the tankers understand this the better off we'll all be.

Winning another game is stupid. So far Quinn and TD have done decent on 1st and 2nd rounders.

Bigbenright and vitaman like this

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

I think we need to stop drafting the small n' fast players for a bit. I want that Ravens defense.

Then we must get rid of TD and Quinn.  They will not learn and adapt. They will continue to get undersized guys, even after witnessing Baltimore big boys eat us up, while our light in the behind DL got abused. 

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Why get excited about this staff drafting again.  It’s obvious that what DQ and his staff want to do in the NFL is not working.  They are going to have to get bigger and nastier OL and DL personnel so does anyone have faith in them doing it this offseason??

2lxz3g7.gif

9 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Winning another game is stupid. So far Quinn and TD have done decent on 1st and 2nd rounders.

LMAO. Most want to run Beasley out of town. Takk was on a five game ghost tour until today. Ridley is a drop machine. Jailin Collins was a waste and Oliver can't get on the field with all the half as play from Tru, Alf and Poole.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. Most want to run Beasley out of town. Takk was on a five game ghost tour until today. Ridley is a drop machine. Jailin Collins was a waste and Oliver can't get on the field with all the half as play from Tru, Alf and Poole.

Beasley is a bust, but Takk is really good. We need a better DT. Pointless to win meaningless games and jeopardize our luck at a top 5 player. Jailin Collins was actually good, and Oliver is a rookie.

vitaman likes this

13 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Seriously. Yeah, Dimi has missed on some early 1sts, but that doesn't mean we want a later draft pick. With a high pick and a 2nd rounder that's basically a late first, I'm somewhat optimistic we can get another draft like 2016 where we get two really good players (Deion Jones, Keanu Neal) and two pretty good players (Devondre Campbell, Austin Hooper). We are projected to have what, 8 or 9 picks? I don't think that's too tall a task, and getting a higher draft pick increases the likelihood we hit on the picks, or still have our guy on the board. Yeah, there's the possibility we blow the 5th pick, but that doesn't mean you want the 15th.

That said, I don't want players playing to lose, I want the staff to be trying out young guys and backups in places where the status quo isn't working, like the OL, DL, and DBs. I think we can use the rest of the season to see who belongs on the team and who doesn't, while trying our best but losing the games. Have a good draft, switch up the staff if needed, come back strong next year with some actual depth, hopefully. If we suck again next year, heads roll. Seems reasonable.

@FFS1970 - Trying to add Calvin into your bust list is a stretch and a half. 

Edited by Sven
osiruz and ADAMSVILLE GYM like this

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

I think we need to stop drafting the small n' fast players for a bit. I want that Ravens defense.

Quinn would die before that happened. He went to Salisbury State for Christ sake. Biggest guy they had there was probably 215 soaking wet. Bet that’s where he got that “it matters about your heart than the actual meat and potatoes” mentality. 

PokerSteve likes this