I don't want Sark fired

The troubles of the team go a lot higher than Sarkesian. Firing him would provide cover for the more fundamental defects of this organization. A new OC Is not going to fix the errors in philosophy and evaluation that have beset the Matt Ryan era. Make changes at the top first and then evaluate downward.

"LET'S BLAME IT ALL ON SARK"

5690077721d13.image.jpg

Edited by Doctor Kildare

Dude, think about what you’re saying. It’s the EXACT SAME PERSONNEL as when we had a historically good offense. Except, now we have Ridley. Sark doesn’t know how to call quick plays to capitalize on a less than amazing O-line like Shanny did. I hate Shanny but logically thinking the regression is 100% on Sark. If we were scoring 35+ points a game which we 100% should be based on our roster we’d be 9-3. Austin Hooper was our top WR with 44 yards meaning Jones/Ridley/Sanu were shut down - the only way one of those guys shouldn’t get off for a big game is your coach/cord. Be realistic man, it’s Sarks fault - PERIOD! 

Just now, matty72780 said:

Dude, think about what you’re saying. It’s the EXACT SAME PERSONNEL as when we had a historically good offense. Except, now we have Ridley. Sark doesn’t know how to call quick plays to capitalize on a less than amazing O-line like Shanny did. I hate Shanny but logically thinking the regression is 100% on Sark. If we were scoring 35+ points a game which we 100% should be based on our roster we’d be 9-3. Austin Hooper was our top WR with 44 yards meaning Jones/Ridley/Sanu were shut down - the only way one of those guys shouldn’t get off for a big game is your coach/cord. Be realistic man, it’s Sarks fault - PERIOD! 

Yes, and no.  Our OL was better.  

5 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

Sark has his share of the blame but so does Dimitroff.

5 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

We had Mike Tice coaching a suspect OL.  Sark is NOT the problem.  

Build an OL.  

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Or our OC understood his personnel and played to their strengths to mitigate their limitations.

I'm sure that's part of it, but this OL is just not that talented.  Pass and run blocking is just that.  Having said that Sark shouldn't be calling slow developing plays on 3rd down...so I grant you that. 

1 minute ago, fan since 1968 said:

Bill Walsh couldn't do much with our current collection of lineman. I didn't think we could miss Chris Chester and Andy Levitre so badly. Maybe we can improve on Sark, but the critical need is for young, strong and talented linemen with upside.

Dimitroff, Quinn and the front office should have known that the two aging guards were going to have to be replaced soon and they reponded with band aids while focusing again on the positions of the team that seem to interest them.

2013 Injuries RAVAGED the Oline and the offense was just as competitive if not more... because Koetter knew how to scheme around it until the last game.

Mike Mularkey beat the Ravens in 2010 that was A MUCH better team.  They had Nogta in his prime at the middle.  In his Prime T Suggs.  And these two guys named Ed Reed and Ray Lewis.

No huddle the whole game.  Quick passes.  Move the chains.

There is no quick passing game with this team.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Dimitroff, Quinn and the front office should have known that the two aging guards were going to have to be replaced soon and they reponded with band aids while focusing again on the positions of the team that seem to interest them.

They decided to draft a WR in order to help out the embattled OC.

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Or our OC understood his personnel and played to their strengths to mitigate their limitations.

Once again, yes and no. Would people say Shanny is better than Sark? Sure. But in 2016 we had five guys on the OL play literally every game of the season. That's special and very rare. Then Chester retired, then Levitre started to get injured. Then the backups get injured, or they're just not as good. Freeman has been out the whole season, basically. Pat Dimarco is no longer here. We DO NOT have the same personnel, specifically the personnel to adequately pass protect and run block.

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

They decided to draft a WR in order to help out the embattled OC.

One who has had a great season for a rookie despite his recent lapses..

Offense still stinks out loud.

I don't get why Sark gets so many chances on here lol. He got the keys to a ferrari and crashed it in the driveway.

15 minutes ago, HEIST said:

One who has had a great season for a rookie despite his recent lapses..

Offense still stinks out loud.

I don't get why Sark gets so many chances on here lol. He got the keys to a ferrari and crashed it in the driveway.

Yeah he may turn out to be a good player but WR wasn’t a need.

They needed to fortify the trenches specifically on the d line but they kicked that can down the road.

So instead of just focusing on retooling the oline they need to worry about both lines.

’But they don’t need to worry about WR’. Lately former first round WRs are being passed around like candy.  Cooks, Watkins, etc.

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, and no.  Our OL was better.  

Theres plenty of blame to go around but how do you throw 0 screens against a team that is sending the house. Sark does nothing to keep teams honest / off balance. Watch literally any NFL and you’ll see how poor our offensive play calling is outside of literally just having pure talent at WR. 

1 minute ago, IA Falcon07 said:

Theres plenty of blame to go around but how do you throw 0 screens against a team that is sending the house. Sark does nothing to keep teams honest / off balance. Watch literally any NFL and you’ll see how poor our offensive play calling is outside of literally just having pure talent at WR. 

Agreed.  How do you not call 3 step drops (instead of 5 and 7 step drops) when you're QB is getting killed? Quick hitters with this OL. 

2 hours ago, matty72780 said:

Look.  How do people know that the Falcons would've produced the same numbers in year 3 under Shanahan?  The NFL ADJUSTS.  One of the reasons Sark struggled his first year was trying to run the plays Shanahan did to appease people.  When he threw that crap away and started running HIS offense things got better.  Sark has never been the problem. 

The problem is your head coach and that trash defense...

Edited by slickgadawg
Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, I just said that in the McCarthy firing thread. 

I just saw that McCarthy firing thread.... wow.

But yes, if Matt sees something that we should be doing, like up tempo, quick slants etc, just to cover up some of the other deficiencies, he absolutely needs to take charge. If anybody knows this offense better, it would be him. 

1 minute ago, E. T. said:

I just saw that McCarthy firing thread.... wow.

But yes, if Matt sees something that we should be doing, like up tempo, quick slants etc, just to cover up some of the other deficiencies, he absolutely needs to take charge. If anybody knows this offense better, it would be him. 

Exactly, but he doesn't.  After the first drive we gave up on hurry up until late in the game?  Why?