KRUNKuno

What Have You Seen From Quinn That Makes Him Head Coach Worthy?

82 posts in this topic

Quinn should be fired ASAP.  There’s nothing he has done since being here that you can say he has left his stamp on in a good way.

A defensive coach that has never fielded a good defense.

A bumbling nincompoop when it comes to game management.  Stupid timeouts, doesn’t know when to accept or decline a penalty.  Doesn’t know situational football.

Has brought about a staff of guys who have never proven anything coaching wise.  Took a defensive coordinator and made him passing coordinator or whatever it’s called.  Tried to make Manuel the next big thing as a defensive coordinator, which has been a fail.  Fired Richard Smith for not having success running his crappy defense.

But I can’t blame it all on Quinn.  It’s Blank’s fault for not knowing a thing about football.  Scott Pioli and Thomas Dimitroff need to be gone as well.  We literally keep doing the same thing every year and expect different results.  This team is a direct correlation of the ineptitude of the people at the top.

2 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Quinn should be fired ASAP.  There’s nothing he has done since being here that you can say he has left his stamp on in a good way.

A bumbling nincompoop when it comes to game management.  Stupid timeouts, doesn’t know when to accept or decline a penalty.  Doesn’t know situational football.

Has brought about a staff of guys who have never proven anything coaching wise.  Took a defensive coordinator and made him passing coordinator or whatever it’s called.  Tried to make Manuel the next big thing as a defensive coordinator, which has been a fail.  Fired Richard Smith for not having success running his crappy defense.

But I can’t blame it all on Quinn.  It’s Blank’s fault for not knowing a thing about football.  Scott Pioli and Thomas Dimitroff need to be gone as well.  We literally keep doing the same thing every year and expect different results.  This team is a direct correlation of the ineptitude of the people at the top.

This season is a disaster for sure.  The defense was decimated early.

Talent has gotten better in several places on roster but too many injuries and bad coaching and play in crucial moments.   Specifically a lack of execution under Quinn and too many mental errors

Well, his decisions are questionable and the hiring of Sark has decimated the offense. 

Stupid coaching decisions have been bastardly as well...not sure he knows what’s he’s doing at all! 

So, well...wtf ever happens, I donated this year with my season tickets, and got, getting a royal shagging by these clowns.

Took a pretty good team and rode it into the ground!  

13 minutes ago, Sven said:

He created the good team in the first place. You people need to calm down, it's one bad season.

I’ll certainly take your unsolicited advice under consideration, if you’ll reimburse my PSL and Season Ticket expenditure! Otherwise, I’ll decline your advice! 

6 minutes ago, Champagne said:

DQ might "grow into" the job. Give him time.

Whomever heard of being paid to grow into but one of 30 something jobs in the whole world? Makes no sense...either you have what it takes or you don’t. 

Dang! Making millions for a 4 year trek through training academy. Don’t see it! 

rogueleadersf and Weir1419 like this

53 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

This man said "bumbling nincompoop". :lol:

How old are you? 70? LOL

44 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

What player has he developed?

A lot actually.  Say what you want about his coaching philosophy and game day decisions, but Quinn has acquired and produced a lot of talent since he's been here.  We've taken several low round and undrafted players, and have turned them into decent NFL players.

The main issue with this team is an issue of philosophy.  Quinn emphasizes speed over everything.  That doesn't work so well on the lines, as we have been seeing.  If you have speed at the skill positions, then you need muscle on the lines.  When we face lines that have muscle, we get mauled.  Even against lines that aren't especially great, we struggle.

On defense, we run far too much zone.  We have the speed to be a press coverage team that gets sacks due to coverage, but we run crazy zone schemes that send our best pass rushers into coverage.

So again, though Quinn lacks ability in terms of scheme and game-day decisions, his ability to acquire and produce talent really shouldn't be called into question.

All that said, it's time to move on.  I don't see Quinn changing his philosophy, so I feel that we're going to be out-coached when we play big games.  I would love to have Quinn as an assistant HC, or in a role where he's specifically developing players and helping to evaluate talent.

Next HC should be an offensive minded HC.  This is an offense driven league, and every defensive minded coach that we've had has lost on philosophy.

Ryan2Julio11 and mqg96 like this

31 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

I’ll certainly take your unsolicited advice under consideration, if you’ll reimburse my PSL and Season Ticket expenditure! Otherwise, I’ll decline your advice! 

If you don't feel you're getting your money's worth buying Season Tickets, don't buy them. It's sports, though. Only Belichick never has a bad season. If you call for a coaches head after every time you don't make the playoffs, your team will be trash forever. I'll just be happy you and your reactionary ilk aren't the FO, because you would actually take a good roster and run it into the ground with horrible decisions.

24 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

What are you smoking ?  He created the good team ????  He took Shanny's offense and gave it to an OC with  ZERO NFL experience.

Shanny wasn't the be-all-end-all of the 2015 and 2016 squads. The defense played great ball in 2016 with, what, 6 rookies starting? They totally overperformed. The defense looked great last year. The defense has improved linearly every year since Quinn got here, except this year, for very obvious reasons. Our team has one of the (if not THE) most talented roster in its history, because Quinn has worked well with Dimitroff. Shanny in no way built this team, except for his influence on bringing in a few guys like Mack and Gabriel, and running a great offense (in one out of his two years, mind you). People attributing everything good that happened to this team since Quinn arrived to Shanny are nuts, honestly. 

Edited by Sven

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, and we're both waiting for a SB and our days are numbered.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, and we're both waiting for a SB and our days are numbered.

I can't imagine. I've only been a fan since 1997 when I was 14, and I am growing tired already. The promise we've had here and there since my fandom but failing to take advantage of is the most tiring part. We've had some pretty good teams since I became a fan that should've went farther than they did. They just never lived up to their potential or only had the greatest choke in SB history.

PokerSteve likes this

2 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

I can't imagine. I've only been a fan since 1997 when I was 14, and I am growing tired already. The promise we've had here and there since my fandom but failing to take advantage of is the most tiring part. We've had some pretty good teams since I became a fan that should've went farther than they did. They just never lived up to their potential or only had the greatest choke in SB history.

Yeah, no offense but you needn't even be in his and I conversation on misery. 

PokerSteve and Halcon-1 like this