Carter

2018-19 Bowl Selections

33 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Carter said:

There is a rumor that Florida rejected playing UCF in the Peach.

Don't think it's correct. Before selection, I'd read something about the G5 representative not going to the same bowl game... So unless there was debate as to UF going to Fiesta and LSU in the Peach, maybe just chatter. 

Carter likes this

33 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

I know there wasn't much of an option,  but That Sugar Bowl matchup is a slap in the face to this team. 

Yeah unfortunately for us the Sugar has a SEC vs Big 12 tie in and Rose is Pac 12 vs Big Ten.

I would much rather play Michigan personally. Having this team go from being called one of the 4 best teams to now playing #15 Texas with 4 losses is disappointing.

LOL!! Are you serious? Florida vs. Michigan AGAIN??? It will be the 5th time Florida has played Michigan and all of them have happened since 2003. This will be the 3rd time in the last 3 years.

There's a couple interesting matchups for the SEC

• Texas Bowl - Vanderbilt (6-6) -2.5 vs Baylor (6-6)
  • Music City - Auburn (7-5) -3.5 vs Purdue (6-6)
  • Belk Bowl - South Carolina (7-5) -3.5 vs Virginia (7-5)
  • Liberty Bowl - Mizzou (8-4) -4.4 vs OK State (6-6)
  • TaxSlayer Bowl - Texas A&M (8-4) -3 vs NC State (9-3)
  • Outback Bowl - Miss St.(8-4) -4 vs Iowa (8-4)
  • Cirtus Bowl - Kentucky (9-3) vs. Penn State (9-3) -7 
  • Peach Bowl - Florida (9-3) vs Michigan (10-2) -7.5
  • Fiesta Bowl - LSU (9-3) -10 vs UCF (13-0)

Edited by frankly88
Favorites highlighted

I hope LSU shows up for this game. My eyes might actually disconnect and fall out of my head from how severely I will eye roll if UCF tries to claim another national title. 

It’s a crap draw for LSU but I hope they take care of business. Don’t think many of their fans will be into spending all that money for a trip to Phoenix and a game against UCF. UCF doesn’t have that many fans anyway but they support like crazy nowadays. Would be embarrassing for the SEC if UCF outsells on tickets and outnumbers LSU in the stands. 

LSU had a bit of a resurgence this season so I think they'll show. I also think that defense will swallow UCF. If not that early momentum will be for not with a second straight 9-4 year.

Greedy Williams and at least one other player from the defense are sitting out the game from what I heard. LSU should show up for this one though. They need to build some momentum heading into the off season.

49 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Fourth in the acc?! And complaining about what bowl they’re in?!

LMAO

The funniest part to me is them going 7-5 and that being the 4th best mark in the ACC.

Carter likes this

On 12/2/2018 at 3:14 PM, Carter said:

Florida vs Michigan in Peach

LSU vs UCF in Fiesta

Washington vs Ohio State in Rose

Texas vs Georgia in Sugar

Florida/Michigan looks like a nice match up.  

UGA should be playing Ohio State......that would be a marquis game.  

I am a GT man, but I have to say that UGA got jobbed.  Oklahoma is not a better team.    

50 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Florida/Michigan looks like a nice match up.  

UGA should be playing Ohio State......that would be a marquis game.  

I am a GT man, but I have to say that UGA got jobbed.  Oklahoma is not a better team.    

I wanted Ohio State or Michigan the most. Stinks that they made those contracts to continue the Big Ten vs Pac 12 matchup in the Rose Bowl when it doesn’t host a playoff game. Sugar did the same with SEC vs Big 12. I think it would make for a much better and consistent product if they made the NY6 bowls all at-large bids that pair up the highest ranking teams, maybe with some regard for location.

Agree regarding Oklahoma, but I get it. UGA put it up for debate by losing to LSU and then losing a 14 point lead to Bama. Notre Dame is the one that should have been left out imo. Undefeated means little when your best wins are over Michigan week 1, Syracuse, Northwestern and your opponents combined record is barely over .500. ND needs to join the ACC fully. They should have played Clemson last weekend instead of in the playoffs.

fibonaccisquared likes this

17 hours ago, Carter said:

I wanted Ohio State or Michigan the most. Stinks that they made those contracts to continue the Big Ten vs Pac 12 matchup in the Rose Bowl when it doesn’t host a playoff game. Sugar did the same with SEC vs Big 12. I think it would make for a much better and consistent product if they made the NY6 bowls all at-large bids that pair up the highest ranking teams, maybe with some regard for location.

Agree regarding Oklahoma, but I get it. UGA put it up for debate by losing to LSU and then losing a 14 point lead to Bama. Notre Dame is the one that should have been left out imo. Undefeated means little when your best wins are over Michigan week 1, Syracuse, Northwestern and your opponents combined record is barely over .500. ND needs to join the ACC fully. They should have played Clemson last weekend instead of in the playoffs.

I agree about ND.  I think the committee should leave them out, just like they left out UCF for not participating in a "real conference" championship game.

ND needs to get knocked for staying independent. They should join the ACC and move on.  

Carter and 95Dawg like this

We all know ND was not going to be left out by the committee. I still think they should have moved down to #4 for not playing on a championship and they committee could have easily made a few comments to strongly suggest ND consider moving to a conference in the future. A 1 loss ND should never be considered until they get into a conference.