mattyicefalcon

*** Official Ravens Vs Falcons In-Game Thread ***

1,685 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

And seriously, what is Freeman going to do for us?  Except miss crucial blocks.  We should never put a ton of money in a RB. 

Free isn’t that bad but I agree it’s a weak part of his game.

Freeman is not overpaid from the perspective of his cap hit. At the time of his deal he had no injury concerns.

1 minute ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Packs have similar problem. Lotta $ tied up in positions of want than of need 

Even though Baltimore sucks, they proved today you have to build both lines.  They won up front, we had superior skills guys, but what did it get us? 

Doctor Kildare likes this

1 hour ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

Well right now we are only down our 2 starting safeties and Kazee is playing pretty well so if there is all this pro bowl talent why is the D so **** pathetic? 

Well one of our corners once played at a pro bowl level. And the other had a pro bowl season 

4 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I’m not trying to compare, but Falcons gonna have to pony up $12-15 million/yr for him and IMO, he’s not worth it bc only guys like that are...load up on draft capital and get big uglies in here in numbers that have hear...

But at the end of the day, our defensive line will always be held in check by DQ and his reluctance to blitz...you watch Ravens today!?!? Make the OL win one on ones all day...force plays

Lowest cap hit on Donald’s new deal is above $17M next year. Here are his year 2 and onward cap hits:

$25M

$27.892M

$22.25M

$19M

$21.75M

So, how again would $12M per year AVERAGE be too much for Jarrett?

Plunket76 likes this

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Wow!! Bears just did an amazing trick play to tie the Giants and force OT!!

Beckham wussed out on the onsides kick.  Shouldn't ended the game there. 

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Even though Baltimore sucks, they proved today you have to build both lines.  They won up front, we had superior skills guys, but what did it get us? 

Exactly. Lotta $ tied up in flashy toys. 

Good players at the wrong positions getting paid the $ they deserve but we need to pay players at the right positions

WhenFalconsWin likes this

2 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

I thought Dan Quinn was the man, but now I'm not so sure.  That was an awful performance today.  

The last time we broke 20 pts was against Washington in which everyone was saying the offense was great, the team was great, the coaches were great and this team was going places

Exactly. Lotta $ tied up in flashy toys. 

Good players at the wrong positions getting paid the $ they deserve but we need to pay players at the right positions

I've been wanting a junkyard dog mean team for years, and I even picked Quinn before the Falcons did, I did it when we still had Smitty, but I was wrong.

Quinn's teams are very soft, he'll never win a SB.  He's just wasting our time and Blanks at this point. 

It all starts in the trenches. Build both lines. The OL needs to creates running lanes and block for the QB without the QB having to constantly bail. The DL needs to clog lanes and attack the QB without the QB constantly escaping like Houdini. 

Next build your secondary starting with LBs: LBs that can backup the DL and stuff the run and guard the flats.

After that, get a big bruising RB that wears down a defense but who can also aid in pass blocking. Spell him with a quick COP RB who can catch out of the backfield and present mismatch problems for defenses. 

Then, find physical corners who know how to play for the ball.

Find a linebacker-type SS that is good to great in pass coverage.

Find a cornerback-like FS that can read plays and anticipate where the QB is going.

Then, find WRs that have reliable hands that run great routes. They don't have to be once-in-a-lifetime WRs. Find TEs with reliable hands but who are stout in run and pass blocking, not a TE being mainly used as a WR. 

If you have most of the above, your QB can be middle of the road. 

The Falcons have some of this already, but this off-season will be interesting.

Just now, I Even Bleed Red said:

HARBAUGH JUST SAID IN THE LOCKEROOM RAVENS MAN HANDLED THE FALCONS 

AND TOOK THEIR SPIRITS AWAY!

He didn't have to tell us that, we know we're soft with the exception of a few players. 

Halcon-1 and VTCrunkler like this

Easy when you run the ball.

Thats all that soundbite should tell you.

We didn’t run the ball. Game.

1 minute ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

Giants beat the Bears

Gmen are a better team than us right now.  Heck, we could be up for worst team in the league honors right now. 

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He didn't have to tell us that, we know we're soft with the exception of a few players. 

The fact that another HC uses “WE BROKE THIER SPIRIT” as a motivational locker room speech against us...

This team is other NFL teams b*tch. 

WhenFalconsWin likes this

The fact that another HC uses “WE BROKE THIER SPIRIT” as a motivational locker room speech against us...

This team is other NFL teams b*tch. 

True, you never want to hear that from an opposing team. 

I Even Bleed Red likes this

13 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Terrible day for QBs throughout the league...look at the stats

This season has been so weird. Offenses hotter earlier in the year and defenses stepping up in December instead of offenses peaking.

23 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Lowest cap hit on Donald’s new deal is above $17M next year. Here are his year 2 and onward cap hits:

$25M

$27.892M

$22.25M

$19M

$21.75M

So, how again would $12M per year AVERAGE be too much for Jarrett?

Can’t drown a horse after leading to water. If you e watched him play over his career, he is overrated and not worth $12m/yr IMO....the SB pushed his career to the forefront of folks minds, outside of that game, has he had a multi sack game? Has he had a season with more than 8 sacks?

if so, then he is worth it IMO...if not, then I thanks...if he’s so great agst the run then why are LBs not unblocked or our overall rundefense better?

We just gave up 200 yards rushing with everyone healthy on defense except two safeties that you can argue one maybe wouldn’t start and the other is he really the root of our rush defense issues? The answer is no....

So if Jarrett is so good, why so bad? Is it the HC and DC?

PokerSteve likes this

22 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

But we remained fast and physical to the end. Once again the Falcons play the role of the skinny guy in the Charles Atlas ad.

Pacific_Falcon likes this