December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

g-dawg

30 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yep. I expect him to go to UCF but who knows... hard to tell how the last few spots will shake out down this stretch.

He's supposedly an early enrollee but I agree with some others that UGA may just tell him outright that he'll have to wait till after ESD to know if he has a spot if he really wants one from a top program like us 

We're just waiting on far too many key players till after December and early January 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lmao this staff is just ace when it comes to recruiting. They have all these players hotel rooms decked out with personalized UGA stuff laid across the bed. Nolan Smith is a Game of Thrones fan... we made a poster of him riding a dragon with the caption "Nolan is coming"

Evan Neal and Trey Sanders both posted their spread on Instagram as well.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:49 PM, youngbloodz said:

Tyson has only played corner for 3 years including this year. His technique is still raw. But as far as talent it's sky high. Patrick Surtain Jr was the most technical corner last year in the class.  But I still believe Tyson has the most potential 

Some people have delusional expectations. Not everyone has an allstar freshman year. He's one progression away from being very good. 

33 minutes ago, Carter said:

Lmao this staff is just ace when it comes to recruiting. They have all these players hotel rooms decked out with personalized UGA stuff laid across the bed. Nolan Smith is a Game of Thrones fan... we made a poster of him riding a dragon with the caption "Nolan is coming"

What are our chances with Trey Sanders?

36 minutes ago, Carter said:

You had one job.....

7 minutes ago, itsjustafleshwound said:

What are our chances with Trey Sanders?

Legit. We'll have to wait and see though.

We courted him and Emery back before Emery committed. Dell had told them both they are our #1 guy at RB in this class... then Emery committed and we moved priority recruiting on to other areas. When the situation leading to Emery decommitting became known we picked up pursuit on Sanders and others. Picked up the commitment from McIntosh. Obviously the prior statement to Sanders was an issue, but we've kept working on him.

Bama has long been considered the favorite to land him but Smallwood reported a couple days ago that he's been told Sanders is looking for a reason to not go to Bama and some other insider guys said they have been hearing he is genuinely looking around.

7 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Things are getting interesting and fun... I have a good feeling we will have the #1 class this year. 2 weeks can’t get here fast enough lol

You hearing anything specifically? Unless you are also the poster on the secrant that posted similar comments last night, seems like something must be floating out there either regarding pickups we're expecting to make or losses for Bama's class? They're taking 2-3 more total recruits than us I believe?

9 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

You hearing anything specifically? Unless you are also the poster on the secrant that posted similar comments last night, seems like something must be floating out there either regarding pickups we're expecting to make or losses for Bama's class? They're taking 2-3 more total recruits than us I believe?

Yeah, I’m hearing things are going very well this weekend. Trey Sanders is looking like a very legitimate get right now and some other chips are falling into place as well. Now, they still have to sign the LOI but right now things are looking great. In regards to Bama, it won’t matter who they get if the guys that we are after come through because these are some BIG fish we are catching. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

goodness the "pruitt will never lose to kirby" vol fans have had a real eye opening on this season.. it might be just season 1 for pruitt, but they ended sooo poorly and recruiting isn't going to come close to what kirby is doing. 

Just want everyone to not get their hopes too high yet for Clay Webb - that one is closer than everyone on here believes.