December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, that's what my post was alluding to earlier after McIntosh signed. Him signing now wasn't necessarily a good thing as it pertains to Sanders.

The thought was, like you said, if Holyfield stays, then probably no McIntosh depending on some other variables.

We will see. Holyfield may still be gone, Sanders may still sign, we don't know.

6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I'm thinking the rumors of Holyfield staying after all I might be making Sanders reconsider. Especially since McIntosh put.his LOI in already. I was under the impression Mc was you.g to wait until Feb and there was a decent chance he was going to get processed. 

Hope he doesn't cost us Sanders...

I hope not too.  From what I've read, McIntosh seems to be a different type of RB.  He's a big guy good for goal line situations and we all know how we excelled in that department.    

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

We will find out how great dell mcgee and kirby are.. they have to combat negative recruiting that is trying to scare sanders out of coming to the Dawgs. 

Finish him!

At end of the day, If Holyfield comes back - he has one year left.  Shouldn’t be a huge deal.

14 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

it does sound like sanders had a change of heart this morning and could very well go to florida.  i believe he did contact our staff and commit from what was leaked, but that doesn't mean anything.. it could be dj williams or just getting mcintosh only. 

Florida would be the worst choice for any top rated RB. Dan Mullen has been an OC or head coach for 14 years and is known for his creative, run heavy style, yet he has only had 4 RBs ever drafted in 14 years and none of them before the 5th round.

UF itself has only had 2 RBs drafted before the 5th round since Sanders was born, the highest and most recent of which was Matt Jones in the 3rd round the same year Gurley went 10th overall.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Florida would be the worst choice for any top rated RB. Dan Mullen has been an OC or head coach for 14 years and is known for his creative, run heavy style, yet he has only had 4 RBs ever drafted in 14 years and none of them before the 5th round.

UF itself has only had 2 RBs drafted before the 5th round since Sanders was born, the highest and most recent of which was Matt Jones in the 3rd round the same year Gurley went 10th overall.

Do that negative recruiting, Carter.  Love it.  You reading this Sanders.  Come to Running Back U!!!

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Surely if we lose Sanders it will be to Bama not Florida.

Right now I would be happy with a close of Dean, Haselwood and Stevenson.

From reading boards today all over, feels like we are getting no one new today. 

Hard to believe that.

27 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I'm thinking the rumors of Holyfield staying after all I might be making Sanders reconsider. Especially since McIntosh put.his LOI in already. I was under the impression Mc was you.g to wait until Feb and there was a decent chance he was going to get processed. 

Hope he doesn't cost us Sanders...

Trent Smallwood said Sanders called and told the coaches he is a Dawg last night. Which explains Bulldog Bob's confidence that he was done.

Trent also said it seems someone got in Sanders ear about Holyfield coming back for his senior year.

I just want to know why the **** a returning senior at your position would affect his commitment? Sanders would get some carries if he's ready to play and would pretty much have 2 years after Holyfield is gone (if he does return) to be a featured back in the offense...

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Trent Smallwood said Sanders called and told the coaches he is a Dawg last night. Which explains Bulldog Bob's confidence that he was done.

Trent also said it seems someone got in Sanders ear about Holyfield coming back for his senior year.

I just want to know why the **** a returning senior at your position would affect his commitment? Sanders would get some carries if he's ready to play and would pretty much have 2 years after Holyfield is gone (if he does return) to be a featured back in the offense...

I would think the competetion at Alabama would be fierce too.