Jump to content

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, g-dawg said:

I can tell you Justin comes from a great family.  His father is the police officer at our high school and is not only a great role model for Justin but for all the kids.  I have a 10th & 11th grader there.

This is not some crazy family.  So just stop that angle.

You don’t have to be a bad person to handle this type situation badly. I’m not saying his parents are bad people, heck I don’t know them, but what I’m saying is they are the adults and could’ve handled much better than it’s been handled. I would expect a 18-19 year old to handle this like it’s been but I would expect more out of 35-40 year old adult

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VA F.O. said:

Both sides are pushing extremes, yourself included. You've never been able to talk about Fields in anything other than extremes. 

 

What extreme am I pushing with regards to Justin transferring or not? Please stay on topic.

All of the EXTREME in this thread right now is everyone ready to devour Justin Fields because he is thinking about transferring and some media type posted it.

Everyone knew that a kid as talented as Justin Fields might transfer - he didn’t invent the QB transfer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You may not be aware but there are two signing days the one on Wednesday is the 1st day you can sign someone- not the last.

Amazing how quick a fanbase can turn on a player.

I’m aware of the two signing periods. But Justin doesn’t have to decide before those days have come and gone. I haven’t turned  on Fields. I would love for him to want to stay and ball out at Georgia. But if the kid doesn’t want to be here then good-bye and I hope all the best for him. 

Edited by Ga_spider
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

What extreme am I pushing with regards to Justin transferring or not? Please stay on topic.

All of the EXTREME in this thread right now is everyone ready to devour Justin Fields because he is thinking about transferring and some media type posted it.

Everyone knew that a kid as talented as Justin Fields might transfer - he didn’t invent the QB transfer.

Your extreme is no matter what this kid ***** gold in your eyes. He can do no wrong. If you really think this is bad timing on his part idk what to tell you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

You don’t have to be a bad person to handle this type situation badly. I’m not saying his parents are bad people, heck I don’t know them, but what I’m saying is they are the adults and could’ve handled much better than it’s been handled. I would expect a 18-19 year old to handle this like it’s been but I would expect more out of 35-40 year old adult

What specifically has been handled to your dissatisfaction that is 100% true and verified?

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, richham said:

Look i’m not here to disparage him, but you change your mind about what your going to do this weekend or what your going to eat. Any kid that thinks your going to be given anything in major collegiate athletics or professional sports is fooling themselves.  A little adversity and hard work never hurt anyone and may be what he needs to really reach his potential. 

No. Kids change their minds all the time. A lot of them change majors multiple times during college. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, g-dawg said:

What specifically has been handled to your dissatisfaction that is 100% true and verified?

The fact that it’s even a thing right now screams someone in his family has talked.  Now who talked? Who knows but this isn’t how Eason’s transfer happened and they are very comparable. Someone in his “circle” is talking and my suspicion is it’s an adult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Again, you have what seems like a personal attachment to the kid.. doesn’t matter what he does or doesn’t do.. its 100% right in your eyes..

the timing of this is bad.. the fact that it got “leaked” is bad.. the fact that this “rumor” has never been squashed all year long is bad.. being that every time we feel safe, this same rhetoric pops up wreaks of drama.. not a fan of drama.. 

The timing of the rumor is not good. Could very well effect some recruits decision. Im not blaming Fields but like they say...timing is everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Can we get the justin fields garbage out of the recruiting thread please? 

It doesn't belong in here, thank you. 

Ehh it's relevant to the discussion because if he is out then we need a QB immediately and it could have some effect on Haselwood.

I just don't know why folks are getting heated with one another in here about it. We shouldn't be fighting with each other about a story that isn't even progressed past the state of being a rumor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

What extreme am I pushing with regards to Justin transferring or not? Please stay on topic.

All of the EXTREME in this thread right now is everyone ready to devour Justin Fields because he is thinking about transferring and some media type posted it.

Everyone knew that a kid as talented as Justin Fields might transfer - he didn’t invent the QB transfer.

I have yet to say anything bashing the kid, quite simply, because this whole thing is complicated.

Saying the kid or his family isn't right, but it isn't necessarily wrong either, the same rings true for praising him. That's your problem. You are 100% incapable of impartiality when it comes to Fields. He's a great kid who will do great things, and anything else that shows otherwise is caused by someone else, at no fault of his own. That's you, and that's always been you since the beginning. You can't see it because of those glasses permanently glued to your head, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. That's what friends and loved ones do. It just leaves you crazy biased is all.

The same is true for many others, that are only capable of looking at this as a fan of UGA, without recognizing that there's a kid's future at stake here, and important family matters going on in the background.

Both are true, and both are wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

For incoming recruits.. not existing players that still aren’t sure.. and may not be.. for.. a.. while

So again, you are mad at Fields for a leak that he might transfer getting out?  A leak that wasn’t likely placed by Fields not his immediate family.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carter said:

Ehh it's relevant to the discussion because if he is out then we need a QB immediately and it could have some effect on Haselwood.

I just don't know why folks are getting heated with one another in here about it. We shouldn't be fighting with each other about a story that isn't even progressed past the state of being a rumor.

247 was getting crazy out of hand with all this ****. They made an official Fields thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...