December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

LG1

• LG1
  •  
  • (651)
  • 85 months
  •  
9 hours agovia Mobile

Very interesting week, 1 that we want let us know not so good news, but we’re still working him, but we got REALLY GOOD NEWS on 2 others. Tomorrow will be a big day, but odds are news won’t be made public either way.

Can’t say names yet.

Things are still pretty quiet on DC search, but with or without title Coach GS is in line for a nice pay raise. Couple other teams are putting feelers out and vetting him, but chances are VERY SLIM that he will leave. If I had to call it today, he would get title of CO-DC, stay working with LBs and Ansley would also get CO-DC working with DBs and have play calling duties. Deal with Ansley not done yet, but communications continue behind the scenes.

Kirby wants defense to attack more and butted heads at time with Mel for not dialing up a little more pressure, esp 2nd half of season.

Get your popcorn ready.

Go Dawgs!!

Ugh. Really really hope that the "not so good news" is not Nakobe Dean. I think Sanders likely included in the really good... Assuming the other 2 are probably Neal and Dean...

32 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Ugh. Really really hope that the "not so good news" is not Nakobe Dean. I think Sanders likely included in the really good... Assuming the other 2 are probably Neal and Dean...

Maybe I'm wrong but I kinda feel like Dean would be a luxury. I feel like he would fit the mold of best player available with OT being a more pressing need considering we could lose both of our starters after this upcoming season. 

3 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I kinda feel like Dean would be a luxury. I feel like he would fit the mold of best player available with OT being a more pressing need considering we could lose both of our starters after this upcoming season. 

You saw our MLB play this year, right? :lol: I have Dean at the top of my list for two reasons...

One - our run defense success seems to be predicated on ILB success... we saw what it looked like with elite talent there, and now non-elite talent. I will never call picking up the best player at the position a "luxury" for us anymore.

Two - He is a *must* get type player for Alabama for the same reason. They are going to have a massive hole without him, so not only do we boost our roster, but they *need* his presence, and anything we can do to cripple them is doubly important.

I ultimately trust Pittman to either get guys that he trusts in this class who can be difference makers, or get the guys he has on the roster ready to play. We're still working on Wright and others. Mays can easily kick out to OT. If I get to pick, obviously I want all 3, but I do believe that Dean is a pretty massive domino.

32 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I’m pretty sure the one we want that we got bad news from is Kaiir Elam. Just guessing though. 

Dean is not going back and forth mulling things. He made his decision, his parents are happy. Some of his other family that doesn’t like it and wants him at Ole Miss or Bama are saying it’s not over. But it is. 

Just now, Carter said:

I’m pretty sure the one we want that we got bad news from is Kaiir Elam. Just guessing though. 

Dean is not going back and forth mulling things. He made his decision, his parents are happy. Some of his other family that doesn’t like it and wants him at Ole Miss or Bama are saying it’s not over. But it is. 

Elam would be fine with me (not that I don't want him, just that I think there are enough studs at the position that we'll be ok... also, we want more versatile DBs and I think he's viewed as more likely a safety in college?), but if he's not making his decision until February, seems odd that we would get bad news this week.

And yeah... I'm not saying it *is* Dean... just that he would be my biggest letdown if we miss on him... ultimately, the class will be good no matter what, but seems like a critical piece to winning the war IMO (for reasons stated above).

1 minute ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Elam would be fine with me (not that I don't want him, just that I think there are enough studs at the position that we'll be ok... also, we want more versatile DBs and I think he's viewed as more likely a safety in college?), but if he's not making his decision until February, seems odd that we would get bad news this week.

And yeah... I'm not saying it *is* Dean... just that he would be my biggest letdown if we miss on him... ultimately, the class will be good no matter what, but seems like a critical piece to winning the war IMO (for reasons stated above).

Or it could be Wright let us know that he’s done.

Elam immediately comes to mind because Tucker was a big relationship for him.

I’ll see if I can narrow it down any more. There are some guys that we’ve been after pretty hard that hasn’t gotten much coverage. A few big flip candidates. Could be one of those guys also.

3 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I was thinking the bad news is Neal and the good news is Sanders and Dean.  Bad news could be Wright or pretty much anyone.  Lol.

I'm leaning that way too. Pretty sure the bad news is Neal, as other sources have talked about how Neal is still likely leaning heavily to Bama even though we gave him a lot to think about - it just wasn't enough. 

The two for good news is probably some combination of Sanders, Dean, or Haselwood.

40 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You think LG1 could be speaking of Trezman on the bad news?  His commitment feels very shaky and he sure enjoys pumping up the VOLS.

Trezman is all Dawg. There was a situation, I’m not even sure what it was, but insiders have said for a while now that Kirby helped Trez with something specific and killed any of the reservations Marshall had. Think for a while Trezman thought he might get pushed out of the class... and that may have been a bit of negative recruiting by Pruitt, but Marshall does have a great relationship with Sherrer that stems from the early days of his recruitment while Sherrer was at UGA.

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

Booooo lol I have figured Keegan wouldn’t be a Dawg for probably months now. He wanted to commit a long time ago.

Yeah, if that is the bad news, I don’t even consider it bad - basically Kirby foregoing the above average girl for a chance to date 1-2 super models.

3 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

You saw our MLB play this year, right? :lol: I have Dean at the top of my list for two reasons...

One - our run defense success seems to be predicated on ILB success... we saw what it looked like with elite talent there, and now non-elite talent. I will never call picking up the best player at the position a "luxury" for us anymore.

Two - He is a *must* get type player for Alabama for the same reason. They are going to have a massive hole without him, so not only do we boost our roster, but they *need* his presence, and anything we can do to cripple them is doubly important.

I ultimately trust Pittman to either get guys that he trusts in this class who can be difference makers, or get the guys he has on the roster ready to play. We're still working on Wright and others. Mays can easily kick out to OT. If I get to pick, obviously I want all 3, but I do believe that Dean is a pretty massive domino.

LOL I must admit that I watched our MLB play this yr...unfortunately. My gf is a Bama fan and she knows Natrez's name just based on how many times I would say his name on account of missed plays. I just figured that because I've heard the number for inside backer is 2; I didn't know that Dean was that great of a player to come in and compete from the jump. I'm not gonna lie....I want all of em so here's to hoping he's on board!

8 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Greed is overwhelming, want dean Stephenson haselwood sanders and one of the two 5* ot, nothing less is ok lol

Nothing wrong with that at all brother! Kirby has got us spoiled as far as recruiting, crazy to think that this yrs class could be better than last yrs!

12 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

LOL I must admit that I watched our MLB play this yr...unfortunately. My gf is a Bama fan and she knows Natrez's name just based on how many times I would say his name on account of missed plays. I just figured that because I've heard the number for inside backer is 2; I didn't know that Dean was that great of a player to come in and compete from the jump. I'm not gonna lie....I want all of em so here's to hoping he's on board!

Anyone who EE's and is an elite player has a shot. In all likelihood, that's probably the number one reason why we didn't see more Channing Tindall.. our ILBs have to have a really strong command of not just their job, but the defense and helping get people aligned... EEs have a better chance of making that happen. I doubt he'd jump Monty and Channing for the starting gig in year 1, but he would have a good chance at being part of a 3 or 4 man rotation (saw Adam Anderson rotate to the inside on passing downs a bit).

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Jordan Battle gone to Bama...

And with Nick Cross passing on UGA too, it looks like Elam is our last resort to land another top DB, if we still plan on taking one more.

Did he actually flip? I only saw the CB change. Still listed as OSU commit. He’s one we’ve been going after to flip also. 

If he flips to them that’s like 6 DBs in Bama’s class. 

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Did he actually flip? I only saw the CB change. Still listed as OSU commit. He’s one we’ve been going after to flip also. 

If he flips to them that’s like 6 DBs in Bama’s class. 

Whole bunch of CBs coming in for him to Bama. OSU insider flipped his too, said it was a done deal on the flip and that his recruitment is over.