December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Richt is a really good coach and no one would dispute.

To be brutally honest,  to compete with Nick Saban, Urban Meyer & Dabo Swinney - you have to be relentless and never satisfied.  I just never believed Richt had that hunger - he could put good recruiting classes together but was terrible on signing day and would come up short in the end.  Wishing Richt and Miami all the best but I believe your fanbase will ultimately experience the same frustration ours had with him.

Yeah you have to be **** near ruthless now in recruiting. We will see how things go

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Carter said:

I will be ecstatic if we get Stevenson but I would be lying if I said I take any pleasure in what’s going on down there. I know the fans and donors have been excited since Richt came in and things looked promising last year... has gone downhill fast though.

I heard something about Richt only using half the allotted bowl practices? Didn’t give it much thought cuz that just sounds crazy.

Maybe it’s time for Richt to move on to another phase in life? You think he can recover from all this?

Richt needs to find a QB...then give up playcalling duties, ask his son to step down and hire an OC.  Diaz leaving is a kick to the nuts.  Richt has been so subdued lately.  I want him to get fired up.  Still wish nothing but the best for him

Edited by Falconsin2012

Sounds like we can scratch Cross from the list. He’s expected to possibly flip to his home state Maryland if he’s not sticking to FSU. Mel Tucker leaving for the head coaching job at Colorado is the reason here. 

Texas will go in home with Trey Sanders today. Kirby is angling to visit with Sanders afterwards, possibly Friday.

Kirby and Pittman are in Florida today to see Evan Neal at IMG and may also make the drive over to visit his family in Okeechobee. Neal will be an interesting battle to watch. 

Coley, Hankton and Dell should be in to visit with Jadon Haselwood ahead of his official visit this weekend. 

To recap on Haselwood for clarity on what to expect here... he will enroll early but he will not announce his decision until his all star game in January. Meaning he will be enrolled before he announces. Haselwood will be signing financial aid papers with several schools. He is not signing an LOI for his scholarship until he is enrolled and it is believed that the registrars will keep him out of the student directory, by request.

Things look very good for the Dawgs to land Haselwood (again).

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Coley, Hankton and Dell should be in to visit with Jadon Haselwood ahead of his official visit this weekend. 

To recap on Haselwood for clarity on what to expect here... he will enroll early but he will not announce his decision until his all star game in January. Meaning he will be enrolled before he announces. Haselwood will be signing financial aid papers with several schools. He is not signing an LOI for his scholarship until he is enrolled and it is believed that the registrars will keep him out of the student directory, by request.

I thought I'd read something about if we visited him for his game (which we supposedly sent coaches to) that we couldn't also go in-home or something this week. Is that why there was some specific language in one of those posts about the coaches being *at his championship game* but not talking to or anywhere near him? 

ETA: He likely won't sign an LOI at all (see: Smith, Roquan)... Not sure that there is any way to enroll early *and* sign the LOI if you don't do it during the ESD period. But it's not necessary. Once he enrolls in courses, he's committed. (See: Kaho, Ale who was up at Washington but didn't enroll, who then ended up going to Alabama).

Edited by fibonaccisquared
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Seems like a lot of work.  Why the charade?  

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I started to ask if you've followed his recruitment at all or are you just tuning in lol there have been many twists and head scratching moments throughout. If we land him in the end (as is almost always the case), everything will be forgiven. I read elsewhere from BB I think that his de-recruitment will be huge. He definitely plays hard and does what is asked of him but he has certainly lapped is up during the process. I have no inside info but here's to hoping we land him again!

3 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I thought I'd read something about if we visited him for his game (which we supposedly sent coaches to) that we couldn't also go in-home or something this week. Is that why there was some specific language in one of those posts about the coaches being *at his championship game* but not talking to or anywhere near him? 

ETA: He likely won't sign an LOI at all (see: Smith, Roquan)... Not sure that there is any way to enroll early *and* sign the LOI if you don't do it during the ESD period. But it's not necessary. Once he enrolls in courses, he's committed. (See: Kaho, Ale who was up at Washington but didn't enroll, who then ended up going to Alabama).

Really not sure regarding the first part. I just know it was reported we’re going in home with him this evening. You may be right about that though.

LOI was the wrong term to use. He will not be signing an LOI at all, I believe that is correct. He will be signing binding documents for his scholarship once he enrolls. Not the same as an LOI but binding all the same. You are correct, he just won’t be locked in until he enrolls.

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Because he wants to announce at his all star game, it’s important to him. It’s the steps he has to take to have his announcement moment when he wants to have it. I don’t see anything wrong with it. 

Jadon seems to be a great kid. There is always a derecruitment process for these guys after they join the team. Until then we have to go along and do what it takes to get the player. It’s all good. 

29 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yep he’s announcing on the 19th. Sanders, Neal, Dean all on the 19th.

Haselwood and Stevenson will both be announcing January 5th.

Saw on another board a poster speculating that Neal had changed his announcing time to 10 minutes after Sanders, or vice-versa, I can't remember which was first. Not even sure if true, but would be interesting if so. Both being announced on ESPN. 

17 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Saw on another board a poster speculating that Neal had changed his announcing time to 10 minutes after Sanders, or vice-versa, I can't remember which was first. Not even sure if true, but would be interesting if so. Both being announced on ESPN. 

Speculation that Neal wants to see if Sanders follows through with it, only wants to come if he can come with both Smith and Sanders?

Four-star quarterback John Rhys Plumlee  has been committed to Georgia for six months. Some eyebrows were raised over the past few weeks, as the Bulldogs had yet to visit Plumlee during the contact period. That answer was provided Wednesday at check-in for the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game.

"They want to blueshirt me," Plumlee said. "I would come in a couple months later in the summer. It is not a greyshirt. I would have to pay for the summer months, but once I arrive, my scholarship would start. It was kind of a surprise for me. So I am just thinking through it all."

A blueshirt offer means that a prospective student-athlete can be put on scholarship upon arrival but not be counted toward the 85 scholarship total until the following year, as long as he does not play the initial year on scholarship. Additional requirements for a blueshirt are that the prospective-student athlete not be required by the program he enrolls at - the prospect cannot take an official visit to the program, have off-campus contact with the program, or receive an NLI or financial aid paperwork from the program.

Plumlee, who originally committed to the Bulldogs over North Carolina, Ole Miss, and others, understands Georgia's side of the situation.

"There are two sides to recruiting," Plumlee said. "There is a business side. Coach Kirby has to look out for his team and make the best decision for Georgia. There is also a relationship side. We have a relationship. He broke it down and said this is what happened, this is why we are having to do what we have to do. He said this is not what the original plan and they have not lost any interest in me. I definitely have not lost any interest in them."

"They still want me. I still message with Coach Coley a lot and we have a great relationship."

The Rebels are hoping to add Plumlee to the class, having made an in-home visit with the 6-foot-1, 185-pound recruit each of the last three weeks.

"They are saying I have an opportunity there," Plumlee said. "I have had an offer throughout the recruiting experience. They were just saying that nothing has changed with that."

That news has also not altered Plumlee's opinion of Georgia.

"They are great people," Plumlee said. "Nothing has changed since they presented me with this blueshirt opportunity. My opinion has not changed about them. Coach Johnson, he had an opportunity to go to Colorado. I am really happy for him.

While Ole Miss continues to push for a flip, Plumlee remains committed to Georgia.

"It does not absolutely change my mind," Plumlee said. "I am not de-committing from Georgia. There has never been an 'if Georgia drops, hey I am going there.' There has never been an 'if something happens, I am going here.' But I am still hearing what people have to say."

The Bulldogs have never brought up another position for Plumlee, who is considered athletic enough to play defensive back or wide receiver at the next level.

"Georgia is recruiting me strictly at quarterback," Plumlee said. "Ole Miss says quarterback too, but if it does not work out, somewhere else. But they said a legitimate shot at quarterback. It is still a great opportunity for me. This is a decision most do not get to make. I am in a really good spot. I get to pick where I go to college for free, in the end."

Plumlee is fresh off leading his team to the state championship game, having thrown for 2,834 yards and 33 touchdowns, with three interceptions, 1,444 rushing yards, and 19 rushing touchdowns. With no plans to decide during the Early Signing Period, Plumlee will now switch his focus to his other favorite sport - baseball. Some have wondered what might happen if he performs well enough to be drafted early in the MLB Draft.

"I have not really thought about that much," Plumlee said.

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

****, Plumlee is such a good kid

Really mature for a Highschooler

Yeah, it would be easy and understandable if Plumlee become frustrated and just lashed out at Georgia and not even consider a blue shirt.   He seems to understand the business part of it and not taking it personal - not even sure middle aged folks like most of us could manage this situation this well.

8 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Who now?  Diaz leaving is a nightmare for Richt.  Really wish Eason transfered to the Canes.  I suspect MR steps down and retires after next yesr.  He may even opt to live in Athens...

I think they lost 4 commits today in a span of just 4-5 hours. 2 from 2019, 2 from 2020.

And they flipped a 240 lbs OL/DL commit from App State.

11 hours ago, Carter said:

Really not sure regarding the first part. I just know it was reported we’re going in home with him this evening. You may be right about that though.

LOI was the wrong term to use. He will not be signing an LOI at all, I believe that is correct. He will be signing binding documents for his scholarship once he enrolls. Not the same as an LOI but binding all the same. You are correct, he just won’t be locked in until he enrolls.

There’s not really a “binding” document that HE could/would sign. Without an LOI, whatever he signs, he can get out of until he steps foot in a class. 

LG1

• LG1
  •  
  • (651)
  • 85 months
  •  
9 hours agovia Mobile

Very interesting week, 1 that we want let us know not so good news, but we’re still working him, but we got REALLY GOOD NEWS on 2 others. Tomorrow will be a big day, but odds are news won’t be made public either way.

Can’t say names yet.

Things are still pretty quiet on DC search, but with or without title Coach GS is in line for a nice pay raise. Couple other teams are putting feelers out and vetting him, but chances are VERY SLIM that he will leave. If I had to call it today, he would get title of CO-DC, stay working with LBs and Ansley would also get CO-DC working with DBs and have play calling duties. Deal with Ansley not done yet, but communications continue behind the scenes.

Kirby wants defense to attack more and butted heads at time with Mel for not dialing up a little more pressure, esp 2nd half of season.

Get your popcorn ready.

Go Dawgs!!