December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

i like dj williams, but anyone who says bama is getting a great rb over sanders is freaking crazy (not saying you are saying this carter)..  I have seen that idiocy on bama boards.. the guys who have decided they aren't getting tray and doing the spinning (dj williams is a better prospect than sanders) nonsense..  now if we don't get sanders and instead end up with dj williams i will be happy regardless, but no one should say at this point in their career that dj williams is the prospect sanders is.. there is a reason he is a 5 star and the most coveted rb in this class.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i like dj williams, but anyone who says bama is getting a great rb over sanders is freaking crazy (not saying you are saying this carter)..  I have seen that idiocy on bama boards.. the guys who have decided they aren't getting tray and doing the spinning (dj williams is a better prospect than sanders) nonsense..  now if we don't get sanders and instead end up with dj williams i will be happy regardless, but no one should say at this point in their career that dj williams is the prospect sanders is.. there is a reason he is a 5 star and the most coveted rb in this class.  

I don't believe Carter is saying that, just that Williams is going to be a great back, wherever he goes.  I would love to get him if we don't land Sanders.  Sanders would be my top choice, with Williams closely behind.  Cain is a distant 3rd.

Edited by Turkeydawg
Just now, Turkeydawg said:

I don't believe is saying that, just that Williams is going to be a great back, wherever he goes.  

disagree.. i have seen bama guys say that on a few boards (the ones who believe sanders is going elsewhere).. i will see a lot more of those posts if they lose out on sanders.  i have seen his video.. talented player, but not sure on the great back part.  time will tell on that. 

5 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

disagree.. i have seen bama guys say that on a few boards (the ones who believe sanders is going elsewhere).. i will see a lot more of those posts if they lose out on sanders.  i have seen his video.. talented player, but not sure on the great back part.  time will tell on that. 

I was speaking more to the fact that I didn't think Carter was placing Williams over Sanders.

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Agree totally. Williams is a stud but Sanders is the #1 RB and a 5 star. I saw Bama guys doing the same crap with Webb after he committed to us, going literally in a span of minutes from saying he is elite to having the worst film they’ve ever seen. :lol: 

Main reason I say they will be just fine if they land Williams is that o line. They’ve put less impressive looking RBs in the NFL behind that line. But yeah, losing Sanders should definitely sting and it’s 100% butthurt on any of them to say Williams is better.

Just now, Carter said:

Agree totally. Williams is a stud but Sanders is the #1 RB and a 5 star. I saw Bama guys doing the same crap with Webb after he committed to us, going literally in a span of minutes from saying he is elite to having the worst film they’ve ever seen. :lol: 

Main reason I say they will be just fine if they land Williams is that o line. They’ve put less impressive looking RBs in the NFL behind that line. But yeah, losing Sanders should definitely sting and it’s 100% butthurt on any of them to say Williams is better.

the webb spin was just awesome.. he went from bama lock (they had multiple reports that he was a silent for a while) and one of the best olinemen in the nation to a well we really don't need him and he is way overrated in one commitment..  they also tried to spin that getting the #1 player in Alabama doesn't mean anything which is complete horse crap.  They know it is a huge perception thing and big MO for the Dawgs.  then they tried the spin "horrible rankings, he isn't even top 5 in our state" nonsense.. Bama fans don't know what to do with themselves.  No program has went head to head with saban and them and beaten them time and time again (last year kirby owned saban head to head).  On the field bam has won the last 2 despite only leading for 9 plays.  They know what the future holds for them.  

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

yep bama will be fine for sure, but if UGA beats them for Sanders it's very likely we will once again have the #1 class.  bama has 24 commits and 2 5 stars on the compositie, uga has 19 commits and 4 5 stars.  let's say we get dean, haselwood, and sanders.. that would give us 7 - 5 stars.  they will probably add 3 more 5 stars.  the final class rankings are going to be soooo tight, but we have a legit chance of doing back to back rocking their world.  lol 

17 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

the webb spin was just awesome.. he went from bama lock (they had multiple reports that he was a silent for a while) and one of the best olinemen in the nation to a well we really don't need him and he is way overrated in one commitment..  they also tried to spin that getting the #1 player in Alabama doesn't mean anything which is complete horse crap.  They know it is a huge perception thing and big MO for the Dawgs.  then they tried the spin "horrible rankings, he isn't even top 5 in our state" nonsense.. Bama fans don't know what to do with themselves.  No program has went head to head with saban and them and beaten them time and time again (last year kirby owned saban head to head).  On the field bam has won the last 2 despite only leading for 9 plays.  They know what the future holds for them.  

If you ask Bama fans about “Denial” they will tell you about a river in Egypt. :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I read someone on that board say that Webb wouldn't be able to hold up against SEC defenses.

24 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I read someone on that board say that Webb wouldn't be able to hold up against SEC defenses.

Bama fan to Clay Webb:

I love you

I love you

Your Awesome 

Your Great

I Love you

(watching commitment video) - “I pick Georgia”

Bama Fan:

Clay Webb wasn’t a must get

He is undersized

Won’t hold up 

Thinks he can play tackle 

Guess he doesn’t want to win championships 

Family had no ties to the state

etc...

52 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

yeah he lost one rep to a guy at a camp in one on one and they said due to that performance he can't compete with the SEC defensive linemen.  they worst part is they say that crap and believe their own nonsense.. just clueless. 

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Tee Martin might be a good choice for OC. Guy can recruit. I wish I could give you some hope on Searles though... we had some good players in Richt’s time at UGA but OL was always a problem area and never consistently recruited very well. 

I would really hate to see Richt go out the way things are going right now. 

I hope he turns it around cause he is a great man and a good coach. Just stubborn. Tee would be a real nice choice. I'm hoping for Corey Raymond for DC. They said money wont be an issue for assistants 

14 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I hope he turns it around cause he is a great man and a good coach. Just stubborn. Tee would be a real nice choice. I'm hoping for Corey Raymond for DC. They said money wont be an issue for assistants 

Raymond is a guy we are also hoping for. Raymond or Ansley. 

There is some chatter that Banda will go with Diaz to be defensive coordinator. Y’all might be in the same boat needing a DC/secondary guy.

30 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Those would be outstanding hires. The flipside of it would be that if Richt gets his choices and it doesn’t turn around that’s probably it. I think most Georgia fans really want him to succeed at Miami, partially because it would hurt the Gators. Little sad to see Miami fans noticing all the same issues (O line, play caller) that ended up getting him run out of Athens.

19 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

What does mid-year transfer mean? Just enroll in Summer like normal? And is haselwood not enrolling early? 

Most universities operate on two semesters... fall being the first semester of an academic calendar, spring 2nd, then the long summer break. Most freshmen also will start in the fall semester, generally. Mid year would be enrolling in January. Early enrollees are mid year enrollment. So a transfer would be the same thing really, only applied to someone who already has credit hours accumulated.

Transfers will typically be accepted after a year or two years, corresponding to class progress (transferring after freshman or sophomore year, meeting the requirements for progress to the next classification). Some schools allow mid year transfers though and it’s the same principle as initial enrollment terms.

Edited by Carter
29 minutes ago, Carter said:

Raymond is a guy we are also hoping for. Raymond or Ansley. 

There is some chatter that Banda will go with Diaz to be defensive coordinator. Y’all might be in the same boat needing a DC/secondary guy.

I can see Banda leaving and going. If he leaves Stevenson is definitely not coming. He is his main recruiter 

14 minutes ago, MattyIceonTap said:

Those would be outstanding hires. The flipside of it would be that if Richt gets his choices and it doesn’t turn around that’s probably it. I think most Georgia fans really want him to succeed at Miami, partially because it would hurt the Gators. Little sad to see Miami fans noticing all the same issues (O line, play caller) that ended up getting him run out of Athens.

And that last sentence was what I was scared of when he came. But I'm still hopeful cause he is a great man. I haven't given up

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

And that last sentence was what I was scared of when he came. But I'm still hopeful cause he is a great man. I haven't given up

Richt is a really good coach and no one would dispute.

To be brutally honest,  to compete with Nick Saban, Urban Meyer & Dabo Swinney - you have to be relentless and never satisfied.  I just never believed Richt had that hunger - he could put good recruiting classes together but was terrible on signing day and would come up short in the end.  Wishing Richt and Miami all the best but I believe your fanbase will ultimately experience the same frustration ours had with him.