December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Oh and if you guys weren't tracking, Miami DC Manny Diaz has taken the head coaching job at Temple.

Insiders have said Diaz leaving Miami is pretty much the last nail in the coffin for Stevenson, he's going to UGA. @youngbloodz you got anything on that?

Yeah I'm hot that Manny left. But I dont expect Stevenson to be apart of this class 

59 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Wrights coach is definitely on the take. Its blatant.

Well hopefully Wright ignores his coach - I would say that even if Coach was pushing UGA.

I don’t see a problem with the Head football coach giving his opinion and general advice  to one of his players but anything more than that is a disservice to the kid.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Sounds like Sanders and Dean are both Dawgs.

Bama has officially offered DJ Williams and their insiders are reporting that Dean’s parents told him it is his decision and they will support his choice - and he said Georgia. That’s coming from Bama insiders.

Indeed great news if true! That would be two *huge* direct competitive wins... the old double whammy. FWIW, I really like DJ Williams... hope that if Sanders picks the Dawgs, that Williams picks Clemson. :lol: 

bama meltdown.

Bone posted a recruiting update about 30 minutes ago. You knew it was going to be good for UGA because he sandwiched it with a bunch of BS about Bama locks that no one really cares about.

Here's the good stuff on Dean and Sanders:

SANDERS

DEAN

So, the usual non-committal BS. A few of the responses:

And here comes the contingency plan...

BONE UPDATE:

And the only response so far to that update is...

One final note on Dean...

As @StrugglevilleDawg also saw, there's a particular Bama poster with connections to Dean. Not a Rivals mod, he's either a neighbor or works at Horn Lake HS. Knows the Dean family apparently.

Anyway, this guy was very optimistic about Dean-to-Bama. He thought Saban's in-home would solve the issues Golding created (and this guy reported about it before any of the UGA or Bama insiders did - that was enough for me to confirm he has credibility here.) 

He was one of their final rays of hope...then he posted this gem earlier:

Great news and I'll keep you all posted as best I can.

40 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Yeah I'm hot that Manny left. But I dont expect Stevenson to be apart of this class 

I will be ecstatic if we get Stevenson but I would be lying if I said I take any pleasure in what’s going on down there. I know the fans and donors have been excited since Richt came in and things looked promising last year... has gone downhill fast though.

I heard something about Richt only using half the allotted bowl practices? Didn’t give it much thought cuz that just sounds crazy.

Maybe it’s time for Richt to move on to another phase in life? You think he can recover from all this?

28 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Indeed great news if true! That would be two *huge* direct competitive wins... the old double whammy. FWIW, I really like DJ Williams... hope that if Sanders picks the Dawgs, that Williams picks Clemson. :lol: 

DJ Williams is going to be a star imo. If he goes to Bama they will be just fine with him. Doesn’t look as great as Sanders on the team ranking scores but that kid is a stud RB.

4 hours ago, Carter said:

I will be ecstatic if we get Stevenson but I would be lying if I said I take any pleasure in what’s going on down there. I know the fans and donors have been excited since Richt came in and things looked promising last year... has gone downhill fast though.

I heard something about Richt only using half the allotted bowl practices? Didn’t give it much thought cuz that just sounds crazy.

Maybe it’s time for Richt to move on to another phase in life? You think he can recover from all this?

Haven't heard that about the practices. Richt gave $1 million of his own money for the IPF so I think the AD Blake James dont want to pressure him out the door. I think he can turn it around if he fires Stacy Searles and hire an OC. I know the boosters are getting tired of this already though 

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Haven't heard that about the practices. Richt gave $1 million of his own money for the IPF so I think the AD Blake James dont want to pressure him out the door. I think he can turn it around if he fires Stacy Searles and hire an OC. I know the boosters are getting tired of this already though 

I met Pittman yesterday and personally thanked him for an elite OL. Y'all deserve better. I wish Florida would hire Stacy Searels from you...

7 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Thanks @SacFalcFan!

That was a whopper of an update. Now if we can just get the good news on Neal and Haselwood. 

Well, Hazelwood is sounding like a near done deal and with his OV this weekend I think that will solidify that. I’d be surprised if he weren’t a part of this class. Neal unfortunately I haven’t heard anything about.

4 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Tee Martin might be a good choice for OC. Guy can recruit. I wish I could give you some hope on Searles though... we had some good players in Richt’s time at UGA but OL was always a problem area and never consistently recruited very well. 

I would really hate to see Richt go out the way things are going right now. 

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

Well, Hazelwood is sounding like a near done deal and with his OV this weekend I think that will solidify that. I’d be surprised if he weren’t a part of this class. Neal unfortunately I haven’t heard anything about.

Don’t count out Neal just yet. It’s gonna be tough to get him leaning our way but he was really impressed on the visit last weekend and is said to be considering the Dawgs now. Tackle is a definite area of need so we have plenty to sell him on. Really not expecting to pull him but we’ll see how it works out.