December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

It is shaping up to be Bama and UGA head to head for the for seeable future if this type of recruiting continues. It's going to be very hard for other programs to close the gap quickly. But, in saying all that, we might have the 1st or 2nd most talented team on the field but, there's all the other things that can derail a better team. And that's better coaching and better decisions.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

It is shaping up to be Bama and UGA head to head for the for seeable future if this type of recruiting continues. It's going to be very hard for other programs to close the gap quickly. But, in saying all that, we might have the 1st or 2nd most talented team on the field but, there's all the other things that can derail a better team. And that's better coaching and better decisions.

nolan smith is a huge piece for UGA not just on the field, but for perception.. we can't lose him.  the same goes for clay webb and alabama.. if alabama finds a way to lose him from their state to kirby and UGA that's a hurt hit regardless of how they end their class. 

35 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

nolan smith is a huge piece for UGA not just on the field, but for perception.. we can't lose him.  the same goes for clay webb and alabama.. if alabama finds a way to lose him from their state to kirby and UGA that's a hurt hit regardless of how they end their class. 

Nolan is much more important piece for Dawgs to keep than Bama/Webb to me.

If Nolan flipped to Bama and they get Thibodeaux as well - that would be very demoralizing to Dawgnation - especially if Bama gets Dean as well.

It’s so ironic that Dawgs can blow away all of college football but if we cannot beat Bama on recruiting field consistently it will make it hard to get over jump on field as well - although I get it that we are basically “1-B” to Bama’s “1-A”.

Glad to hear Wilfong still likes Webb for Dawgs though.

Just promise me we are getting Nolan!

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

Pittman visited with Darnell Wright for a few hours today and secured an official visit from Wright for next weekend. 

Pittman should also be rolling up to Clay Webb’s house any minute now to visit him and his family. 

But Wright going all the way to February 2nd?

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

But Wright going all the way to February 2nd?

Probably we’re trying to convince him to sign early for us. If it goes to February then we will keep battling for him. Neal is a longshot imo and I don’t think Keegan is waiting around to see if he has a spot. Expect Keegan to commit to Michigan soon.

With apologies to our Bama folks on here that really don’t crow much, the noise from the Bama side leading up to early signing day is kinda funny. It’s aided quite a bit by Bama reporters and national guys basically saying they will get everyone, guaranteeing them the #1 class and maybe the best class ever. But it’s kinda ridiculous. Half the guys they say are “considering” Bama either really aren’t or are unlikely to end up there.

National media wants there to be a chance Nolan flips to Bama soooo badly. It’s pretty much the epitome of fake news. I guess Nolan does troll people pretty good though.

Clay Webb will be a Dawg here in about an hour. He was only a Bama lock for how long? #1 player in the state of Alabama gonna be wearing red & black. 

Trey Sanders, Nakobe Dean, Evan Neal, Darnell Wright are all far from certain to go with Bama. They may only get Neal from that group.

Don't let me get in the way of a good Saban *** kissing contest though lol

10 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Hank South, Tim Watts, and Andrew Bone love to lead the Gump faithful on. My question is that without the 247 ranking manipulation where would Bama's class really be ranked?

When they forced Rusty of all people to have to explain why their corrupt *** rankings always drop Georgia players and he subsequently threw Luke under the bus, I completely moved on. I use 247 for the composite and that’s it. Any time I read one of their articles, like the one by Wiltfong posted earlier, it’s just sad. Their message boards have been trash for years. Used to be a really good service.

I can’t say enough good things about my UGASports sub though. Trent Smallwood has become one of the best in the business and Jake Reuse kills it himself. They don’t sugarcoat anything. Rivals rankings seem to be getting better overall but I think in the latest update most UGA commits dropped yet again.