g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So you weren't talking about fields? Mkay

I wasn’t.   I was simply talking about the stereotypes of players from schools at certain positions for NFL and predicting success or failure on NFL level because of school/position/past history. 

7 hours ago, Carter said:

We still have 4 whole days of December though... I see g-dawg is looking into his options to transfer. ^_^

But we can’t let Gdawg transfer without admitting he is the best poster on this site!!  Trust me, I know this because I know him and his family.  And no I am not saying any of this because I am too close to the situation.  Unbiased for sure.

Bdawg58, m2Falcons, Carter and 1 other like this

8 minutes ago, Is This What You Want? said:

But we can’t let Gdawg transfer without admitting he is the best poster on this site!!  Trust me, I know this because I know him and his family.  And no I am not saying any of this because I am too close to the situation.  Unbiased for sure.

When he gets his post time, he’s gonna prove that he’s a generational talent. A lot of you guys are going to be eating your posts. If only you saw his posts in high school like I did. 

Carter, m2Falcons and Bdawg58 like this

Man has Fields lost control of the Recruiting thread. 

No sorry I’m wrong, he has lost control of the whole dang Chat Room. 

9 hours ago, Carter said:

We still have 4 whole days of December though... I see g-dawg is looking into his options to transfer. ^_^

Don't you go to OU g-dawg! :lol:

Carter likes this

15 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I don't disagree on that premise overall, but i think we will always have transplants and no matter what situation our program is in it won't matter because they have ties outside out state.  I don't believe for a second if we were dominate the last decade we would have signed chris hinton, owen pappoe and most of the guys we lost out on.. each year will be different.. some will have grown up in the state of georgia and don't have parental ties outside our state and other years we will a handful that all want out of the state because of those ties.  as a staff you know which ones you have a real shot with and which ones you don't.. also rankings mean nothing regarding evaluation of the staff.. morris' ranking didn't match pittman's view of him and harry miller we could have had a shot to recruit him, but pittman didn't have him as a priority early on and at that point it was too late once he committed to ohio state.. his mom wanted him out of state and at ohio state, but we never gave ourselves a real shot.  i think the 2019 instate group of kids is going to be the exception than the norm.  checking the 2020 and 2021 we have a lot more kids who grew up in this state and most don't have out of state ties.  i know kirby wants to do better instate and he will in the next 2 classes.. IMO recruiting is borderless.  years ago it used to mean a lot, but more and more kids are traveling to go to school and it's more about evaluating and finding out top targets and going all in for them.  the field's fiasco also hurt us with a few bigtime targets due to what he told them..  we won't have that issue in 2020 or beyond either.  

We are going to recruit more on the national scene from here on out. Obviously we want to get the top guys from the state of GA that fit what we do but outside of that we should be looking at guys who fit our program and want to come here no matter where they live. Fortunately Miami and FSU are complete dumpster fires and with cousin Eddie (Mullen) being clueless on how to recruit at an elite level the state of Florida will be wide open for the foreseeable future which will continue to help us tremendously with Coley still on staff. I know people talk about losing out on guys like Pappoe, Miller, and Booth but when you can go out and get a Dean, Webb, and probably Stevenson who are arguably better players then what is there to complain about?

3 minutes ago, Ransack said:

We are going to recruit more on the national scene from here on out. Obviously we want to get the top guys from the state of GA that fit what we do but outside of that we should be looking at guys who fit our program and want to come here no matter where they live. Fortunately Miami and FSU are complete dumpster fires and with cousin Eddie (Mullen) being clueless on how to recruit at an elite level the state of Florida will be wide open for the foreseeable future which will continue to help us tremendously with Coley still on staff. I know people talk about losing out on guys like Pappoe, Miller, and Booth but when you can go out and get a Dean, Webb, and probably Stevenson who are arguably better players then what is there to complain about?

No doubt!

52 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Don't you go to OU g-dawg! :lol:

I was a Dawg before most of you were born - was a UGA alum before many were born.  You cannot teach an old Dawg new tricks nor new college fight songs.

There will be no g-dawg transfer.

It will always be “Glory, Glory” for this old dawg.

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

we should recruit the best players period regardless of location, but there seems to be a lot of UGA fans who for some reason care if it's an instate player or not.. Kirby of course publicly say he wants more instate kids right before the 2020 class is starting to really roll because we have a great shot of getting who we want instate.  However we both know it's all about their evaluations and if they can get a better player out of state they will and should  As I said recruiting is truly national and borderless now.  Fans need to change their viewpoint on guys we target and take and not look at where they are at, but how good they are and do they fit a need. 

6 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yep.  If you have 2 recruits at the same position and you value them the same, you take the in state kid. 

Sure that’s a good rule of thumb but honestly, I doubt it happens as often as you think.  Too many physical, mental and competition variables - plus one might be a good student and the other poor, etc, etc

Like baseball, there  are no ties in recruiting football players :rolleyes:

(...but if there was, sure, take the in-State player)

VA F.O. likes this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I was a Dawg before most of you were born - was a UGA alum before many were born.  You cannot teach an old Dawg new tricks nor new college fight songs.

I was joking btw. Please don't take this as a serious comment. I'm not that guy. :)

Carter and g-dawg like this

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Even if it means you're on the bench behind Sacfalcfan for 2 more years?  You could probably be a superstar on another forum.  

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Sure that’s a good rule of thumb but honestly, I doubt it happens as often as you think that the staff have two prospects at the same position that they value equally.  Too many physical, mental and competition variables - plus one might be a good student and the other poor, etc, etc

Like baseball, there  are no ties in recruiting football players :rolleyes:

(...but if there was, sure, take the in-State player)

get_off_mylawn-2017-10-18-09-47-560x230.

:)

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

get_off_mylawn-2017-10-18-09-47-560x230.

:)

LMAO - yeah, I have turned into that guy at 52yrs old.

Oh well, Clint Eastwood is my fav actor - saw "The Mule" last night - good flick.

Wardog357 likes this

11 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Even if it means you're on the bench behind Sacfalcfan for 2 more years?  You could probably be a superstar on another forum.  

Shady lawyer: Hey g-dawg...You know you don’t have to change everything you do. What if I told you I could take your Dawg thread making skills to a similar place, but you could create way more threads there.. would you be interested? Dawgnation forum has been in contact with me and they love what you do. 

10 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

Shady lawyer: Hey g-dawg...You know you don’t have to change everything you do. What if I told you I could take your Dawg thread making skills to a similar place, but you could create way more threads there.. would you be interested? Dawgnation forum has been in contact with me and they love what you do. 

still not January? c'mon January 1st!  get here.