g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He was never going to make his announcement on Wednesday. It was always going to be Jan 5th. What position is UGA recruiting him for? Corner?

5 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

He was never going to make an announcement until January 5th. He was going to make a decision and announce it later. Always the plan

From SoFL_Dawg:

George Pickens is picking up steam. Unsure if this is a Nadab Joseph situation or things are improving on the qualification front. Apparently confidence on him is higher than remaining targets

Told he wants to be a Dawg. Not sure on the qualifying piece, details on exactly what’s needed rarely come out. The fact that staff has remained involved would indicate there must be some confidence that he can/will qualify.

It also appears Pickens is on the same highschool team as our probable #1 QB target for 2020, Robbie Ashford. Landing Pickens could only help there. 

Also, for anyone holding out hope that Haselwood ended up picking UGA, the fact that Pickens is still being pursued and is still interested should squash those hopes. 

Edited by RandomFan
Porter Osborne Jr and g-dawg like this

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

He was never going to make his announcement on Wednesday. It was always going to be Jan 5th. What position is UGA recruiting him for? Corner?

I assume corner but I really don’t know for sure. Could be like Campbell and play both. I think we have him pegged at corner though. 

3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

From SoFL_Dawg:

It also appears Pickens is on the same highschool team as our probable #1 QB target for 2020, Robbie Ashford. Landing Pickens could only help there. 

Also, for anyone holding out hope that Haselwood ended up picking UGA, the fact that Pickens is still being pursued and is still interested should squash those hopes. 

My gut feeling on Ashford is he is all Auburn. I don’t think he’s even going to flirt much. 

We stopped really pursuing Bailey a long time ago because it was obviously a waste of effort and Johnson was very upfront about not coming to UGA from what I understand. Ashford and Dixon may be the big targets closer to home but I suspect we will go big for several out of region guys. I think the California kid Uiagalelei will get a ton of attention.

Never know if we will have another guy pop up and climb the ranking like Fields did. Dixon might be that guy if he shows out over the recruiting cycle with camps and a strong senior season at Grayson.

Pretty sure Haselwood is gone. 

13 minutes ago, Carter said:

I assume corner but I really don’t know for sure. Could be like Campbell and play both. I think we have him pegged at corner though. 

His best position for the next level is safety imo. But he is a great corner too. 

Carter likes this

JeffSentell Posts: 2,648 admin

FYI on Trezman: He'll have to undergo shoulder surgery. Will likely miss spring practice.

Davis and Marshall will still be recovering for the first part of 2019. Should give Dean a big chance to get into the 2s early.

I still think the 2 deep at ILB is going to be tough to crack next season. I expect both Tindall and Walker to make big jumps this offseason after a year of experience; and then we return our best ILB in Rice and a senior in Crowder. 

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Nakobe Dean will be an engineering major. Jackson Harris just graduated as an engineer.

Cool story, Georgia Tech. :rolleyes:

Fishing on Christmas Eve huh?

g-dawg and Carter like this

Take this FWIW, pulled it off the Auburn board on the Rant. 

AUCE05 
re: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - Christmas Edition
Posted on 12/24/18 at 10:58 pm 

Just a FYI baws. Heard today Pickens will decommit and commit to UGA.

Robby is leaning UGA, too

I would assume he's talking about Robby Ashford the QB. 

Edited by RandomFan
95Dawg, g-dawg and mike teevee like this

5 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Agreed.   Also if Pickens is a non-qualifier like Nadab Joseph,  would we still commit a spot to him?

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Agreed.   Also if Pickens is a non-qualifier like Nadab Joseph,  would we still commit a spot to him?

I sure af wouldn’t. It’s critical to fill every spot with a guy that will actually get in. I would straight up tell the guy don’t sign the NLI, if you qualify we will put you on scholarship.

If it’s in doubt and he wants to sign somewhere for a guaranteed spot before his qualifying status is known, peace out homie. Save the spot for a 2020 EE.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I sure af wouldn’t. It’s critical to fill every spot with a guy that will actually get in. I would straight up tell the guy don’t sign the NLI, if you qualify we will put you on scholarship.

If it’s in doubt and he wants to sign somewhere for a guaranteed spot before his qualifying status is known, peace out homie. Save the spot for a 2020 EE.

I think that goes without saying. Pretty sure that's why he didn't sign during ESD in the first place. 

I will add that SoFL_Dawg said a day or two ago he was hearing that of all our remaining targets (beyond Stevenson who is already supposedly signed) that his contact has the highest confidence in Pickens at this time. Our remaining target list includes Wright, Pickens, Elam, Nester, and Plumlee in that order of preference. He brought up a good point that for our coaches to still be working him as hard as they are, then they must think he's going to get qualified or at least close enough to keep working at it for now. 

4 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I’ll believe it when I see it.

same here.. the only thing that may help us is gus's job situation.. he basically needs to have a great year or he is gone.. even then ashford just loves auburn.  

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

My son thinks I got this for him.  Little does he know...

2f5d9ea8a4851d9cc4b587cc5f349951_large.j

what the heck is that?  i want one. 

okay so there is a thread on justin rogers on volnation.  vol fans saying will friend *****slapped pittman head to head once again.. LOL wow they are so desperate. 

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

okay so there is a thread on justin rogers on volnation.  vol fans saying will friend *****slapped pittman head to head once again.. LOL wow they are so desperate. 

That bunch is eager to believe anything and load up on moral victories. Maybe one day they will be better than Vandy again. 

mike teevee likes this