g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Doubtful. My guess would be the staff was trying to get him to wait until the February NSD for whatever reason, probably for attrition under the 85 scholarship limit. He'd hinted before that Solomon was a Dawg, just working out the time when he could sign. I guess Solomon didn't want to wait, if that's the case. All I know is practically every insider worth his salt said Solomon to UGA was pretty much a done deal...and then it wasn't. We obviously wanted him. So who knows. 

Would love to know what went wrong exactly with Solomon recruitment.  If he ever says, please let us know - thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mike teevee said:

Word floating around that Stevenson sent in the LOI and it was to the Dawgs. I haven’t seen it from trusted sources.....but I love spreading rumors and getting my hopes up

 

Yeah the word was that he was picking Dawgs and didn’t make his announcement Wednesday at his school because there is a ton of pressure for him to go to Miami. He didn’t want to ruin the moment for his teammates or make it awkward. 

Really don’t know how true that is but it makes sense... and I too love getting my hopes up.

sdogg, mike teevee and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah the word was that he was picking Dawgs and didn’t make his announcement Wednesday at his school because there is a ton of pressure for him to go to Miami. He didn’t want to ruin the moment for his teammates or make it awkward. 

Really don’t know how true that is but it makes sense... and I too love getting my hopes up.

Carter, did you get any word on what happened with Solomon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Carter, did you get any word on what happened with Solomon?

He was going to be a Dawg but Pruitt pitched him hard on being an immediate difference maker at Tennessee vs another guy fighting for playing time at Georgia. It worked. 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Carter said:

He was going to be a Dawg but Pruitt pitched him hard on being an immediate difference maker at Tennessee vs another guy fighting for playing time at Georgia. It worked. 

Yeah, that was my guess yesterday.   You sell what you got to sell!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carter said:

He was going to be a Dawg but Pruitt pitched him hard on being an immediate difference maker at Tennessee vs another guy fighting for playing time at Georgia. It worked. 

yep and plus he knew rocker despite rocker's relationship with his mom, but he had no clue who tray scott was.. as solomon said UGA wants him, but tennessee needs him and he was told by Pruitt he can step in and start right away on the dline.  that is going to happen to UGA more and more when it comes to players who want to play right away.  despite all of bama's recruiting success they lose plenty of guys due to playing time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 0:05 PM, m2Falcons said:

Yessssssss Sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!   The return of the Junk Yard Dawgs is almost here!!!

The defensive foundation is now in place; just gotta' keep the pipeline full now!

yep we will be back to those days where getting 20 points on this defense will be tough.  kirby is doing what i saw saban and kirby do in the early part of their time in tuscaloosa.  this defense is going to be special starting next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep and plus he knew rocker despite rocker's relationship with his mom, but he had no clue who tray scott was.. as solomon said UGA wants him, but tennessee needs him and he was told by Pruitt he can step in and start right away on the dline.  that is going to happen to UGA more and more when it comes to players who want to play right away.  despite all of bama's recruiting success they lose plenty of guys due to playing time. 

That plus Solomon has two years left.  He probably feels he doesn’t have a year to work his way in.

Pruitt probably could use the Demetrius Roberson transfer against Kirby as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 0:16 PM, Falconsin2012 said:

Can Stetson play?  

yes he can play with the rbs/wrs and oline we have stetson can score some points with this offense.. not because he is great, but because the surrounding part of the team is great.  stetson is servicable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 1:59 PM, Turkeydawg said:

He is not available to play this upcoming year, correct?  additionally, he will have 3 years to play two, I believe.

i doubt he plays right away and if he doesn't then we had zero need for him anyways.. our 2020 dline haul is going to be amazing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SacFalcFan said:

yep we will be back to those days where getting 20 points on this defense will be tough.  kirby is doing what i saw saban and kirby do in the early part of their time in tuscaloosa.  this defense is going to be special starting next year. 

Sac, 

First off, early Merry Christmas.  

What percentage do you feel UGA gets Jadon?  Do you see us go, Pickens, even if he has to go to the military academy for a semester?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 2:43 PM, Macknsweetjones said:

Man I hope Fromm take Dwan under his wing...living that signing everyday 

Fromm is an alpha like murray was.  Dwan is going to learn a lot from Fromm..  just like Eason did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, g-dawg said:

You have a HUGE roster in college football, you stack it at every position if you can.

UGA and Bama are gonna have more transfers because they have more talent.

alabama for about 8 years straight had double digit transfers/attrition yearly because of their oversigning.. sometimes it was coaches and other times it was players.. it's par for the course when you are building great depth and not having a lot of early playing time.   agree with the above.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Sac, 

First off, early Merry Christmas.  

What percentage do you feel UGA gets Jadon?  Do you see us go, Pickens, even if he has to go to the military academy for a semester?    

Maybe 20% at best on Haselwood. That dude does not want to be at UGA anymore. His parents like UGA and Kirby though and OU is stacked at WR... totally stacked. So there’s a small chance but it’s unlikely.

He was going to forego all the waiting and playing recruiting games and just sign a NLI with Oklahoma on signing day. We got him to hold off on sending it in as far as I’m aware. We’ll see how it goes. 

Pickens is a huge academic question mark. 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Sac, 

First off, early Merry Christmas.  

What percentage do you feel UGA gets Jadon?  Do you see us go, Pickens, even if he has to go to the military academy for a semester?    

thanks man.. you too.  I hope you have a safe holidays.  

I think Jadon has already sent in his LOI to OU.. i give us a 10% chance because I don't for sure he did..  jadon has been looking for reasons since his bff has been clear he wants out at UGA..  it does stink for sure because he is an aj green type talent, but it is what it is.. we have plenty of wr talent in athens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Carter said:

Maybe 20% at best on Haselwood. That dude does not want to be at UGA anymore. His parents like UGA and Kirby though and OU is stacked at WR... totally stacked. So there’s a small chance but it’s unlikely.

He was going to forego all the waiting and playing recruiting games and just sign a NLI with Oklahoma on signing day. We got him to hold off on sending it in as far as I’m aware. We’ll see how it goes. 

Pickens is a huge academic question mark. 

Early Merry Christmas to you.  

Carter likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

With fields gone I would think we should be more appealing for a pretty premier qb in 2020 and/or2021

I forget the Georgia kids name who committed to UT, but he could be a target.  Ranked around 50th best prospect in the nation by 247 Composite.  Is it Bailey?

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I forget the Georgia kids name who committed to UT, but he could be a target.  Ranked around 50th best prospect in the nation by 247 Composite.  Is it Bailey?

We long since cut off contact. We preferred Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

We long since cut off contact. We preferred Johnson.

We are going to be offerring a lot of qbs this spring for the 2020 class.  Should be interesting who we target. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 10:45 AM, Carter said:

Yeah the word was that he was picking Dawgs and didn’t make his announcement Wednesday at his school because there is a ton of pressure for him to go to Miami. He didn’t want to ruin the moment for his teammates or make it awkward. 

Really don’t know how true that is but it makes sense... and I too love getting my hopes up.

He was never going to make his announcement on Wednesday. It was always going to be Jan 5th. What position is UGA recruiting him for? Corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now