g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

Not really. A different opinion would have been ”He was a good college QB, but I don’t think he was as good as y’all remember. He didn’t show up in the NFL at all”. Not “I never saw anything special” after several people cited specific instances of special play and despite the fact that he is the leading passer in yards in SEC history.

giphy.gif

You probably wouldn't have accepted that either. We have different views I'm not out here saying Murray was trash, but it reminds me of Micheal Sam I don't know if they came out same time, but some of stats were inflated a bit. Still stand by what I stated earlier.

he was similar to zeire to me, great college qb. Short was his downfall, don’t get the Michael Sam comparison kinda nonsense, he was very good In college w below avg line. Macaroon had 5* guys all around him ? 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

Just now, Dawgfanbrock said:

he was similar to zeire to me, great college qb. Short was his downfall, don’t get the Michael Sam comparison kinda nonsense, he was very good In college w below avg line. Macaroon had 5* guys all around him ? 

I love macaroons 

Wardog357 likes this

8 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

You probably wouldn't have accepted that either. We have different views I'm not out here saying Murray was trash, but it reminds me of Micheal Sam I don't know if they came out same time, but some of stats were inflated a bit. Still stand by what I stated earlier.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Name 3 schools that have a legit #3 that could help them win a championship. There's only a handful of schools that have 1. 

I think Ohio State beat Bama & won a NC with their #3

12 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

You said some ******** about heart or toughness though.  It’s cool if you didn’t watch Murray enough but clearly the SEC passing leader had tons of those qualities.  I never saw games where AJ had to win them by himself or play with serious injuries.  Murray was a special college player.  AJ has nfl qualities but was a game manager in college.

sdogg and FalconsIn2020 like this

I love me some Gif battles.

I'm in ...

Image result for eating popcorn I love gif battle

Image result for this gonna be good gif

But man what has Kirby done to us.

5 Years ago we'd be pissing in our pants at this haul and where we are at now.

3 years in with Kirby and dang we ain't satisfied.  He definitely got rid of the FANs ability to be happy with win 10 and a bunch of 4-3 stars with some of those underrated 2s.

28 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You mean the game where Justin threw two TDs and should have been 3 TDs passing, 100yds rushing and 1 TD in two and a half quarters of play?  That game?

Your narrative above is so ignorant.  To think a dual threat QB that gets 5 plays a game(2-3 pass plays) is going to risk a sack to go through three progressions and throw the ball away or take a sack - it makes no sense.   You are not understanding what Justin understood - that he would get just a few opportunities a game to make a play - he tried to maximize his limited opportunities.

Are you seriously using UMASS stats in an argument? And you're calling me ignorant. Jesus dude you need help.

1 hour ago, m2Falcons said:

So...  if Fields was outplaying Fromm (1) quite regularly AT PRACTICE that still doesn't yet make him ready to supplant Fromm while UGA is trying to win the SEC East.. and more, and (2) then why not just keep working and go into off season with a really good chance to outplay, outperform Fromm in Spring and August and truly establish himself as the BETTER QB to win with and have THREE seasons to be the guy at UGA??

In a perfect world we would have been playing chess, not checkers, and kept our eye on the next 2-3 years.  I believe Kirby & Chaney were short sighted this year.  Fromm is a great player and was going to improve this year, making it hard & controversial to supplant him if we were winning.  Kirk Herbstreit said all year that the debate is a joke and Fromm is the QB until he leaves.   But if our staff felt Fields was better long term, they should have sacrificed some lumps this year and started him.  Perhaps it sacrifices the year, but we were always a year away.  This was Bama’s year.  And being honest, we’d have the same record if Fields started every game this year.  

10 years from now, how will people remember these 2 QB’s?  To me it’s clear.  Both are going to be great college QB’s....but only one will be remembered as dynamic.  A game changer.  A once in a generation talent and we let him get away.  JF simply could not gamble that Fromm would leave next year.  If Fromm stayed, Fields gets one year.  It’s not enough.  He needs years of meaningful practice reps and game snaps with the #1 team.

The good news is our OL and running backs are good enough to help Fromm win us a NC.  Fields on the other hand will be the kind of player who doesn’t need all the extra help to get the job done.  IMO

Edited by Falconsin2012

16 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Are you seriously using UMASS stats in an argument? And you're calling me ignorant. Jesus dude you need help.

That was the ONLY game where Justin got extended time.  If you watch all three passes - two bombs and crossing pattern - all were spot on money and would have easily been completed whether it was UK or UMASS.  He completed close to 70% of his passes for the year - 0 ints.

I won’t discuss further as this is wrong thread.  I love Fromm and not throwing shade at him.  I have several criticisms of Justin but none have to do with his play.  The  narratives you and others are weaving on his play are projected and done so without fact.

34 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

There’s one.  Got two more?

Dammm you and these trick questions...lol.  Manzell was #3 and had a great year...same for Charlie Ward.  Holieway took Aikman’s job and won a NC, causing Aikman to transfer to UCLA.  The Aikman story most closely resembles ours.  

Edited by Falconsin2012

28 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

3 years in with Kirby and dang we ain't satisfied.  He definitely got rid of the FANs ability to be happy with win 10 and a bunch of 4-3 stars with some of those underrated 2s.

Now we know what happened to Bama fans. 

And Braves fans during 14 straight pennants. 

And Bulls fans during the Jordan era. 

Becoming a jaded fan is very easy. 

95Dawg likes this

With Solomon picking UTk over us, we're quickly running out of excuses for not offering Plumlee a full scholarship for this season (unless of course there are other reasons we aren't wanting to do so...such as not wanting to spend a slot on someone who may or may not choose to play pro baseball in the next year).

With us slow playing him and attempting to blueshirt, and then turning around and giving scholly's to not only Dwan Mathis but then also Stetson, you've got to wonder is the staff is just hedging it's bets and trying to make sure they don't lose a recruiting slot if Plumlee does end up choosing baseball in the end.  

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

With Solomon picking UTk over us, we're quickly running out of excuses for not offering Plumlee a full scholarship for this season (unless of course there are other reasons we aren't wanting to do so...such as not wanting to spend a slot on someone who may or may not choose to play pro baseball in the next year).

With us slow playing him and attempting to blueshirt, and then turning around and giving scholly's to not only Dwan Mathis but then also Stetson, you've got to wonder is the staff is just hedging it's bets and trying to make sure they don't lose a recruiting slot if Plumlee does end up choosing baseball in the end.  

That is my thought.  You can’t waste a valuable spot for someone that sounds more focused on baseball.  I think if he was all in on football, he would have a spot.

RandomFan, m2Falcons and 95Dawg like this

2 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

most teams season is gonna be shot if thier #1 qb goes down. Macaroons - autocorrect

Hence, the upside of what has been a frustration for most of us (the conservative offensive approach). On one hand, it definitely holds us back from being as explosive and dominant as we could be on offense. But to Kirby's credit (and I pointed out the other day he learned these lessons from Saban and Bama), the conservative approach means you are never too dependant on one player to carry your team - speaking specifically about QB here. 

Does anyone really think AJ McCarron or Greg McElroy, or John Parker Wilson carried any of those Bama teams to championships? No, they did not. They managed a run heavy conservative offense behind a great defense that out-physicaled teams on both lines of scrimmage. Exactly as Kirby is trying to build here. So while I'm still critical of our lack of aggressive playcalling on offense, I completely understand the reasoning behind it and why Kirby believes in it. 

And for anyone to sit here and suggest we would be cooked if we lost our starting QB, that is simply short sighted and not very cognizant of the last decade of dominance that Bama has put on the field with average to slightly above average QB play during most of that time. 

We are at 22 right now assuming plumlee sticks w us. Sac believe u said we were gonna sign 26? If we get Stevenson and Norton (not sure name osu ot/og) most say we won’t get Elam haselwood who else are we to finish with the last two slots? 

2 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

I love me some Gif battles.

I'm in ...

Image result for eating popcorn I love gif battle

Image result for this gonna be good gif

i couldn't believe the attacks i saw on ugasports on guys like bulldog_bob..  i mean we are recruiting at such a high level and the outrage over losing out on sanders was just pathetic..  this class we have now we would have just died for if it was the previous staff..  now guys are like "well we are #2 to bama and we are not happy" crap.. 

13 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

We are at 22 right now assuming plumlee sticks w us. Sac believe u said we were gonna sign 26? If we get Stevenson and Norton (not sure name osu ot/og) most say we won’t get Elam haselwood who else are we to finish with the last two slots? 

i think we take 25 or 26.  plumlee won't count toward the 2019 class if he does blueshirt so we can add 4 to 5 guys.  stevenson i would say takes 1 spot.  then we go after an olinemen, wr, and 1 more db.  

21 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i think we take 25 or 26.  plumlee won't count toward the 2019 class if he does blueshirt so we can add 4 to 5 guys.  stevenson i would say takes 1 spot.  then we go after an olinemen, wr, and 1 more db.  

Since it doesn't appear like we will get Haselwood, what WR will we go after as a plan B?