g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

Jeff Tedford is the only coach I can think of with a real track record of developing first round NFL quarterbacks. The last one (and the only one to achieve real success) is the most naturally gifted quarterback I've ever seen, though.

L.A.Falcon Fan likes this

Any one of u know how transfers could effect our finishing this class? Lets say cook, Fields, Ford, bishop maybe and say Landers left would we not explore taking a few extra in this class to even out? From y’all talk that list seems legit, cook wasn’t at practice today...?

6 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Any one of u know how transfers could effect our finishing this class? Lets say cook, Fields, Ford, bishop maybe and say Landers left would we not explore taking a few extra in this class to even out? From y’all talk that list seems legit, cook wasn’t at practice today...?

the transfers won't affect our numbers.. we already have a max we can take and we will take 26 imo..  the only thing the transfers help are getting to the 85 limit.. 

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Trying to figure out if you’re insulting me.. lol

chip towers actually has a pretty good show and today's show he said a lot of great stuff that is 100% correct.. it won't make the field's fans happy, but it's the reality of the situation.  dawgnation actually does a great job daily covering the dawgs. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

chip towers actually has a pretty good show and today's show he said a lot of great stuff that is 100% correct.. it won't make the field's fans happy, but it's the reality of the situation.  dawgnation actually does a great job daily covering the dawgs. 

Oh ok

1 minute ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

So how do we get to 85, what do u do just give more walk on’s Scholarships, do u forsee any grad trans? 

We're not losing 22 seniors, so before declarations or transfers of our own, we're actually over 85

As far as how do we fill gaps, with the same assumed number on those there were before this ESD, I'm quite sure that Kirby and Co have more top targets in store for some of these spots

33 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

So how do we get to 85, what do u do just give more walk on’s Scholarships, do u forsee any grad trans? 

we are over 85, but it's nothing to worry about.. we have 7 to 10 guys yearly in attrition.  being under the 85 i never worry about man.. our staff knows guys who will most likely transfer or quit or leave early.  we will usually be 5 to 7 over the 85 after nsd.. then attrition happens in spring.  

UGA Football Live
5★ ★ ★ ★ ★
15★ ★ ★ ★
3★ ★ ★
• Nation’s #1 recruit
• Nation’s #1 ILB
• Nation’s #1 WDE
• Nation’s #1 center
• Florida’s top recruit
• Alabama’s top recruit
• Mississippi’s top recruit
• Rhode Island’s top recruit
• Top Juco recruit This is #UGA Football!

4 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Is it the UGA offensive system or talent recruited (which falls squarely on the coaches we had)? 

Hmm. when you get the likes of Lambert, Ramsey, Gray, Mason, Cox, Mett. (even though he did make some starts but also only briefly was he at UGA) etc that's not talent that any system will make into a NFL caliber QB.

We did have Shockley, Greene and Murray and all 3 were drafted and hung around a few years on the bench.  Unfortunate.  I really would've liked at least Shockley and Murray to have had a better shot.

Nothing against you, but Murray was never gonna get there in fact I said it back then McCarron and Murray were basically the same, but AJ had more dog in him than Murray and it was not close.

7 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Nothing against you, but Murray was never gonna get there in fact I said it back then McCarron and Murray were basically the same, but AJ had more dog in him than Murray and it was not close.

You have zero idea what you are talking about. That was one of the most ignorant statements i have ever seen posted here. And that is saying a lot.

21 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about.  AJ and Murray were not close to the same.  AJ had nfl measurables and was on a team that was vastly more talented than what Murray had and Murray was one of the tougest qbs in the SEC and left the alltime leader in passing for a reason.  

2 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

safe to say some QBs and RBs will be suiting up in a body bag when they play us

how he is stockpiling defensive talent reminds me of what they did that at bama right away.  you could see them building a special defense.. this group of lbs are right now the most talented group we have ever had at UGA and that is not hyperbole..  

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

how he is stockpiling defensive talent reminds me of what they did that at bama right away.  you could see them building a special defense.. this group of lbs are right now the most talented group we have ever had at UGA and that is not hyperbole..  

20/20 I’ll be suprised if teams make it past the 50 yard line more than 5 times a game.

sdogg, SacFalcFan and m2Falcons like this

3 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

20/20 I’ll be suprised if teams make it past the 50 yard line more than 5 times a game.

i think we start seeing the benefits in 2019..  they are young, but among the most athletic group in the country.. 

Chris Low‏Verified account @ClowESPN 5h5 hours ago

More

ESPN 300 signees by SEC teams over the last three years (doesn't include players committed to sign in February): Alabama 53 Georgia 52 LSU 34 Florida 29 Auburn 28 Texas A&M 25 South Carolina 16 Tennessee 16 Miss. State 10 Ole Miss 9 Arkansas 5 Kentucky 4 Vanderbilt 3 Missouri 2

SEC dominated national signing day. Per Rivals: Top 4 classes (Alabama, Georgia, A&M, LSU) and 11 of top 24. Number of 5-stars signing with each conference: SEC 14, ACC 3, B10 3, B12 3, P12 1.

Skye Underwood‏ @SkyeUnderwood 10h10 hours ago

More

2019 Recruiting Rankings Top 10 (per player rating average 247comp.) 1. Bama (94.04) 2. UGA (93.71) 3. Ohio St (92.16) 4. Penn St (92.12) 5. Auburn (91.90) 6. LSU (91.39) 7. Oklahoma (91.13) 8. Texas A&M (91.09) 9. Oregon (90.97) 10. Texas (90.90)

1 hour ago, Zone#7 said:

AJ McCarron was behind a much better offensive line with a better receiving corps, and a much better defense to back them up. Are you purposefully trying to sound like an idiot?

SacFalcFan and sdogg like this