g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Speaking of which, I was playing around with the calculator a bit ago. If we subtract Plumlee and add Wright, Pickens, Stevenson, and Elam that pushes our score up to 317.66. And that's not even including Solomon. 

Pretty darn respectable....IF 

we are not getting wright at all.. his vol loving head coach will not let that happen.. he has made it impossible to recruit him.  what did nester, stevenson, and elam look like? 

2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Rusty said the staff didn't know that Dean was gonna commit and when he did, there was a chair thrown and a dog pile.

i wish i had that on video.. LOL  that is awesome. 

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

Rusty said the staff didn't know that Dean was gonna commit and when he did, there was a chair thrown and a dog pile.

Yeah, when interviewed after announcement by Jeff Sentell, Dean didn’t tell his parents where he was going until on way to announcement and didn’t tell any coaches until he texted UGA Coach right before announcing!  

Literally NO ONE knew anything!  

I like that kid’s style!!!

7 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Guessing Bishop is gone too.  Could we bring in Jammie Robinson?

i can see bishop being gone as well and possibly tommy bush.. i am speculating though.. it seems we had jammie on the back burner..  not sure we are going to take him when we have guys like stevenson and elam on our list. 

2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yep

Sweet!!!!!  Pierce County High School!!!!

Blackshear, GA in da house!

My sister lives there and nieces and nephews went to school there.

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

i can see bishop being gone as well and possibly tommy bush.. i am speculating though.. it seems we had jammie on the back burner..  not sure we are going to take him when we have guys like stevenson and elam on our list. 

I would think that Bush is someone who would stick around.  I could see Landers leaving, but not Bush after year 1 and using his rs already.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Sweet!!!!!  Pierce County High School!!!!

Blackshear, GA in da house!

My sister lives there and nieces and nephews went to school there.

I hope he is rocking the stache when he steps foot back on campus.

g-dawg likes this

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

I would think that Bush is someone who would stick around.  I could see Landers leaving, but not Bush after year 1 and using his rs already.

we will see.. i heard tommy bush as an option..i am sure there will be a few other guys leave as well especially if most of our draft eligible juniors come back. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

we will see.. i heard tommy bush as an option..i am sure there will be a few other guys leave as well especially if most of our draft eligible juniors come back. 

I hope not on Bush.  Track speed and height.  I guess we will see what he has during bowl practice and where he might fit in next season.

g-dawg likes this

I'm of the opposite opinion.  Although I think it is great to have someone push Fromm, he doesn't need it.  I think if anything, he will be less likely to press, knowing that people on the outside won't be screaming to see Fields get more pt.

Well we will see if he needs it in 2019 when there is absolutely no danger of him losing the starting job.

I think he's a guy that feeds off of competition. He played like crap for long stretches in games this year. He all but disappeared in the 2nd half against Bama. I think it's more likely that he pressed due to expectations than people on the outside screaming for Fields. I don't think anyone in the locker room cares who the fans think should be playing.

I think Fromm will be really good next year, but I think he would be a lot better if Fields was backing him up.

g-dawg and mike teevee like this

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

I just want Nauta to comer back.  I think Ridley can move his stock up with one more season.  Who has confirmed they are staying?  

Just now, Carter said:

Well we will see if he needs it in 2019 when there is absolutely no danger of him losing the starting job.

I think he's a guy that feeds off of competition. He played like crap for long stretches in games this year. He all but disappeared in the 2nd half against Bama. I think it's more likely that he pressed due to expectations than people on the outside screaming for Fields. I don't think anyone in the locker room cares who the fans think should be playing.

I think Fromm will be really good next year, but I think he would be a lot better if Fields was backing him up.

Competition is always a great thing, and agree that he would be better if Fields were behind him, but I don't worry about his preparation or drive, like I would with some others.

1 minute ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I just want Nauta to comer back.  I think Ridley can move his stock up with one more season.  Who has confirmed they are staying?  

Would love to have both of them for another year.

Competition is always a great thing, and agree that he would be better if Fields were behind him, but I don't worry about his preparation or drive, like I would with some others.

I do wonder if their was tension between Fields & Fromm.  I know Fields was complimentary of Fromm after SECCG but I did notice they didn’t seem to hang out on sidelines together much during games - which is odd because most times in college and pros you seem them together.  Maybe they did more than I realized.

Just now, g-dawg said:

I do wonder if their was tension between Fields & Fromm.  I know Fields was complimentary of Fromm after SECCG but I did notice they didn’t seem to hang out on sidelines together much during games - which is odd because most times in college and pros you seem them together.  Maybe they did more than I realized.

I didn't see it either.

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Against our d? By then? 

And who’s d will Fromm be playing?

I’ll just say I hope Fields turns out to be half as good as most are making him out to be.. he’s like the second coming around here

For just one day I’d love to be as popular as the second string quarterback on any SEC football team. Everybody always loves that guy, at least until he becomes the first stringer.

4 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yeah, they didn't seem to connect. 

As everyone on this board knows, I am a big fan of the talent of Justin Fields.  Obviously with two kids at Harrison HS, I have followed Hs games and career closely.

I will say this - he doesn’t have a warm/fuzzy personality.  He seems to really relate well with a lot of players but his public persona is very guarded and don’t know that what you see is what you get.   I will defend the kid’s talent to the death - he’s smart kid and does come from a good family.    There is something about him that feels mysterious though.  

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I will say this - he doesn’t have a warm/fuzzy personality.  He seems to really relate well with a lot of players but his public persona is very guarded and don’t know that what you see is what you get.   I will defend the kid’s talent to the death - he’s smart kid and does come from a good family.    There is something about him that feels mysterious though.  

Yeah, it was almost as if he lacked emotion.  

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yeah, it was almost as if he lacked emotion.  

I am not saying it’s good or bad - but yeah - that’s a good way of putting it.

So is their any inside word on Aubrey Solomon transfer?

seems like the general thought is UGA is favorite but is there meat on that bone?

5 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

No disrespect to Dwan but 2020 QBs should really like our depth chart now.  Or lack there of after Dwan. 

Yeah, 2020 gonna go hard for QB, RB and WR.