g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I know nobody wants to hear from me on Fields situation but it was really F’d up the way Kirby and Chaney used Fields - it really did seem like they put him in games and for so few plays that it was done in such a way to not allow him to get comfortable or settled.  The most disturbing thing in that post by “SoFl Dawg”would be that boosters would have any influence over QB playing time - I hope to God that’s not true.

If that post is to be believed, this impending divorce has much blame on both sides.  The fact that Kirby would allow Fields to play in Sugar Bowl almost feels like some type of hush about the divorce and I will let you play.

The entire situation is classic Greene/Shockley. Greene was good enough to keep his job.  Shockley would have been much better off staying with FSU and getting 3 years of meaningful practice/game snaps.  And then as now, Shockley is the much better of the two.  He just needed reps.  But Greene beat UT...and Fromm beat ND

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carter said:

We won't have anyone competing with Fromm if/when the Fields transfer happens. At all. That's the part I hate. Fields legitimately pushed Fromm in practice. I really don't know if Fromm turns it on to the level he did after the LSU game without Fields pushing him on every rep. I think Fromm stepped up to be the leader we needed at a time when things really soured for Justin, too. 

 

I'm of the opposite opinion.  Although I think it is great to have someone push Fromm, he doesn't need it.  I think if anything, he will be less likely to press, knowing that people on the outside won't be screaming to see Fields get more pt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Ok so that post was written from the “Fields camp” narrative?  I thought it was a third party that just knew behind the scenes stuff? No?

I’m confused:huh: 

It was written from the point of view of someone in the program trying to explain what happened and also how the Fields' camp was interpreting some things and why he/they feel the way they feel.  

It's implied that the Fields' camp thought the boosters might have had something to do with one of those decisions. But someone would really have to be clueless to think that Kirby would allow a booster to tell him ANYTHING about coaching decisions. ;)

Edited by RandomFan
jeffro2000, sdogg, g-dawg and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

.  

Someone would really have to be clueless to think that Kirby would allow a booster to tell him ANYTHING about coaching decisions. 

No doubt about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Ok so that post was written from the “Fields camp” narrative?  I thought it was a third party that just knew behind the scenes stuff? No?

I’m confused:huh: 

but it's believed by the Fields camp that powerful boosters were involved and wanted to ensure Fromm "had every opportunity to succeed". 

So it was what fields camp believed happened not backed up by any fact or substance.. they believed white old boosters called up kirby and said you can't let fromm not keep this job because we have a problem with a qb like fields.  it's freaking ridiculous and moronic to come to that conclusion.  they won't take any responsibilty on what field's was doing in the lockerroom or telling recruits.  fields hurt himself and he was the reason he was benched for the florida game.  the only aspect regarding fields i care about now is recruiting.  it was released 2 days before esd to hurt uga and it was put out by field's camp.  fields has already cost us 2 commits.  we need to cut ties with him, but due to our qb depth kirby and company are letting him play in the sugar bowl.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Mathis I assume wouldn’t redshirt because he’d be the #2 ie best option if fromm went down so he’d have to play some and get some experience? Glad we got Mathis and plum, dean was a must, love to have another true ot, and yea Pickens would be great - wish ford would t transfer

But he can play in 4 early to mid seasson to get time. Then ride el pine unless an injury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SacFalcFan said:

but it's believed by the Fields camp that powerful boosters were involved and wanted to ensure Fromm "had every opportunity to succeed". 

So it was what fields camp believed happened not backed up by any fact or substance.. they believed white old boosters called up kirby and said you can't let fromm not keep this job because we have a problem with a qb like fields.  it's freaking ridiculous and moronic to come to that conclusion.  they won't take any responsibilty on what field's was doing in the lockerroom or telling recruits.  fields hurt himself and he was the reason he was benched for the florida game.  the only aspect regarding fields i care about now is recruiting.  it was released 2 days before esd to hurt uga and it was put out by field's camp.  fields has already cost us 2 commits.  we need to cut ties with him, but due to our qb depth kirby and company are letting him play in the sugar bowl.  

Ready to move on from this for sure.

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dawggone said:

But he can play in 4 early to mid seasson to get time. Then ride el pine unless an injury?

4 games period.  Doesn't have to be early to mid season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

It was written from the point of view of someone in the program trying to explain what happened and also how the Fields' camp was interpreting some things and why he/they feel the way they feel.  

It's implied that the Fields' camp thought the boosters might have had something to do with one of those decisions. But someone would really have to be clueless to think that Kirby would allow a booster to tell him ANYTHING about coaching decisions. ;)

we both know the narrative the field camp wanted to solidify in their brain..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that some find the Mailman news as underwhelming, but I am glad to have him back.  Kid already knows the system and has some experience, not to mention it will allow Dwan to redshirt and our qb room will still look extremely attractive for the 2020 class.

And the staff thinks highly of him.  Apparently he signed at 2:00 today.

Edited by Turkeydawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Turkeydawg said:

I understand that some find the Mailman news as underwhelming, but I am glad to have him back.  Kid already knows the system and has some experience, not to mention it will allow Dwan to redshirt and our qb room will still look extremely attractive for the 2020 class.

the players just love him..  the reaction on twitter by all of the players is awesome.  he is very well respected by what he did when he was in athens.  i disagree with most on the pickup, i like it.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atlanta_Dawgs46 said:

What about the Gibbs situations?

he is gone.. i can see a few more transfers..  we need to add another db imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SacFalcFan said:

he is gone.. i can see a few more transfers..  we need to add another db imo. 

Guessing Bishop is gone too.  Could we bring in Jammie Robinson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

but it's believed by the Fields camp that powerful boosters were involved and wanted to ensure Fromm "had every opportunity to succeed". 

So it was what fields camp believed happened not backed up by any fact or substance.. they believed white old boosters called up kirby and said you can't let fromm not keep this job because we have a problem with a qb like fields.  it's freaking ridiculous and moronic to come to that conclusion.  they won't take any responsibilty on what field's was doing in the lockerroom or telling recruits.  fields hurt himself and he was the reason he was benched for the florida game.  the only aspect regarding fields i care about now is recruiting.  it was released 2 days before esd to hurt uga and it was put out by field's camp.  fields has already cost us 2 commits.  we need to cut ties with him, but due to our qb depth kirby and company are letting him play in the sugar bowl.  

Ok, I thought the booster’s part didn’t make any sense and was most troubling.  Reading it in Starbucks and guess not reading it carefully enough.

If it is really that nasty of a breakup, I don’t understand why Fields gets to stay thru Bowl game?  If it’s that bad, who cares about QB depth for a game like this.  If Kirby thought the timing of this was orchestrated to hurt UGA, why worry about QB depth for this game?  If you don’t trust him, why let him potentially play and stay in locker room?  Because of the players?  There has to be something in it for Kirby more than that, right?

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atlanta_Dawgs46 said:

What about the Gibbs situations?

He gone. 

Also, you know who the most disappointed Dawg is today? Matthew Downing :lol::lol:

He was so close to being pushed into the spotlight, now relegated back to scrub status. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i can see a few more transfers..  we need to add another db imo. 

Speaking of which, I was playing around with the calculator a bit ago. If we subtract Plumlee and add Wright, Pickens, Stevenson, and Elam that pushes our score up to 317.66. And that's not even including Solomon. 

Pretty darn respectable....IF 

 

Edited by RandomFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I understand that some find the Mailman news as underwhelming, but I am glad to have him back.  Kid already knows the system and has some experience, not to mention it will allow Dwan to redshirt and our qb room will still look extremely attractive for the 2020 class.

And the staff thinks highly of him.  Apparently he signed at 2:00 today.

Who?

Stetson Bennett?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now