g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yes it's very good news.. he knows the offense and he can back up fromm and we can redshirt mathis..  very good signing

Oh, I'm fine with it. I was just surprised and wasn't sure if true.

Our defensive guys and Mel Tucker raved about him running the scout team. He gives us a better chance if Jake goes down than Mathis probably. He wouldn't have to carry the team 

Edited by jeffro2000

1 minute ago, jeffro2000 said:

Oh, I'm fine with it. I was just surprised and wasn't sure if true.

Our defensive guys and Mel Tucker raved about him running the scout team. He gives us a chance if Jake goes down. He wouldn't have to carry the team 

the bottom line is we can't go into next year as mathis as our primary backup.. he must redshirt.. he is way too raw.  stetson knows the offense and they know what stetson can and can't do.. i am not happy using a scholarship for this, but it's a bad situation due to poor qb roster management. 

Not the splash everyone was hoping for but considering how that **** hit the fan just a few days ago Kirby and co I think did good in a short amount of time to pull out 2 QBs to come in and help out in spring ball and provide some depth. Someone has to help throw the ball besides Fromm in practices. And they both know the situation they are coming into. I.e, should know Fromm is the man as long as he is here.  All things considered it could’ve been just Fromm Downing and Plumlee at one point. No bueno. This is better. 

9 minutes ago, Carter said:

I was never a big fan of hiring Chaney, but I think even Chaney is handcuffed. Kirby wants to do Kirby things and micromanage rather than delegate and supervise.

Very possible. 

Whoever it is... I'm not even asking for much. But the sheer stupidity of benching Swift/Michel in the biggest games in decades should get someone fired. 

That's my biggest issue with this offense. It makes zero sense most of the time. I can think of plenty of examples where we were all here screaming "What the absolute **** was that drive. Why did we completely abandon what was working". Unacceptable. 

95Dawg and Wardog357 like this

What are we at now, 21 signees with Plumlee still as a commit? So theoretically up to 5 more spots not including Plumlee, who I wouldn't at all be surprised if he bailed on us after trying to blueshirt him and then we turn around and give schollys to Dwan and Bennett. 

We've still got as possible targets:

• Sanders
  • Wright
  • Nester
  • Stevenson
  • Pickens 
  • Elam

Anyone else Im forgetting?

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

OK, I'm pasting this from another site because it's pretty good info worth sharing. This is from SoFL_Dawg over at DawgNation; he's probably the most plugged in guy for that site, in that he has no claim as an insider, but he does have one friend that is in deep with the program that tells him some things. He's got a proven track record is what I'm saying, so this isn't just something out of the blue. 

I will add that we definitely mismanaged Fields playing time and the plays he actually got to run while in the games this year. I'll never understand why we constantly had him come in and just be on handoff duty. Or bring him in for a play or two and then immediately pull him. To me that is more of a boneheaded decision than 4th and 11. 

That being said, suck it up buttercup. While UGA definitely has some blame, you don't quit...unless you're a quitter...

I will comment on the recruiting aspect of this.  fields hurt us with 2 players who decommitted and who are not coming to uga because of stuff he told them..  i don't understand at all having fields play for us in the bowl game.  he needs to be out of the lockerroom and off campus as soon as possible.  fields doesn't need to be around any recruits we are targeting for the final pieces of this class. 

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

OK, I'm pasting this from another site because it's pretty good info worth sharing. This is from SoFL_Dawg over at DawgNation; he's probably the most plugged in guy for that site, in that he has no claim as an insider, but he does have one friend that is in deep with the program that tells him some things. He's got a proven track record is what I'm saying, so this isn't just something out of the blue. 

I will add that we definitely mismanaged Fields playing time and the plays he actually got to run while in the games this year. I'll never understand why we constantly had him come in and just be on handoff duty. Or bring him in for a play or two and then immediately pull him. To me that is more of a boneheaded decision than 4th and 11. 

That being said, suck it up buttercup. While UGA definitely has some blame, you don't quit...unless you're a quitter...

Fields was benched for a positive tweet? Boosters are determining game time? So now, the Fields camp believes that the Illuminati runs are program.

6 minutes ago, WOR said:

Very possible. 

Whoever it is... I'm not even asking for much. But the sheer stupidity of benching Swift/Michel in the biggest games in decades should get someone fired. 

That's my biggest issue with this offense. It makes zero sense most of the time. I can think of plenty of examples where we were all here screaming "What the absolute **** was that drive. Why did we completely abandon what was working". Unacceptable. 

I thought supposedly that Michel got hurt but with Swift I was cringing a little at the plays being called for him at the end of the first half this year (outside the delay draw where he has to try to create). You want to be aggressive, but yet you're trying to grind it out with him when he got hot with outside runs.

Of course maybe they were calling outside runs that got blown up.

Of course also at first, Holyfield had two significant runs to start the 2nd half out on offense.

Edited by VoiceofReason95

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

What are we at now, 21 signees with Plumlee still as a commit? So theoretically up to 5 more spots not including Plumlee, who I wouldn't at all be surprised if he bailed on us after trying to blueshirt him and then we turn around and give schollys to Dwan and Bennett. 

We've still got as possible targets:

• Sanders
  • Wright
  • Nester
  • Stevenson
  • Pickens 
  • Elam

Anyone else Im forgetting?

stetson counts and so will solomon toward the 2019 class.  so we have signed 23 players.. that leaves us 3 to 4 more we can sign.  i think we sign stevenson, nester, elam, and if pickens gets his grades together.. if not we will end with 3. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

I will comment on the recruiting aspect of this.  fields hurt us with 2 players who decommitted and who are not coming to uga because of stuff he told them..  i don't understand at all having fields play for us in the bowl game.  he needs to be out of the lockerroom and off campus as soon as possible.  fields doesn't need to be around any recruits we are targeting for the final pieces of this class. 

100% agree. And I was one of Fields' biggest supporters on this site. But how he has handled this has been completely wrong and the cancer needs to go before it spreads. 

Turkeydawg, mike teevee and sdogg like this

Just now, itsjustafleshwound said:

Fields was benched for a positive tweet? Boosters are determining game time? So now, the Fields camp believes that the Illuminati runs are program.

that part of the post is pure crap.. if you know anything about kirby you know that he isn't going to be told anything by boosters and a booster is not going to tell our coach who to play especially what to do in practice.  that rumor is trying to push the "black quarterback" bs angel from some field's fans.  that isn't factual.  the dwan mathis' dad's quote said it all about fields.  we had lockerroom issues due to what fields was doing and saying.  there was a reason he was benched for the florida game and it was about fields no one else. to keep this in recruiting we saw that cancerous part of fields with what he did with a few commits who are going elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

stetson counts and so will solomon toward the 2019 class.  so we have signed 23 players.. that leaves us 3 to 4 more we can sign.  i think we sign stevenson, nester, elam, and if pickens gets his grades together.. if not we will end with 3. 

247 is showing us with 21 including Stetson. Granted Solomon would add 1 more bumping it to 22. Kind of agree with you on those being the final 3 or 4 possibilities. But still not giving up on Sanders just yet; we still have a shot. 

not sure anyone is a member of ugasports, but oh my goodness it was horrible today.. bulldog bob is off that board for a while, the attacks on him were bad and they took down that thread.. i was very disappointed with the reactions and comments from some of our fans over there after sanders went elsewhere.. it was very toxic on that board. 

Just now, RandomFan said:

247 is showing us with 21 including Stetson. Granted Solomon would add 1 more bumping it to 22. Kind of agree with you on those being the final 3 or 4 possibilities. But still not giving up on Sanders just yet; we still have a shot. 

yeah i meant 22.. plumlee won't be counted until after aug.  i would love to get sanders..  

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

that part of the post is pure crap.. if you know anything about kirby you know that he isn't going to be told anything by boosters and a booster is not going to tell our coach who to play especially what to do in practice.  that rumor is trying to push the "black quarterback" bs angel from some field's fans.  that isn't factual.  the dwan mathis' dad's quote said it all about fields.  we had lockerroom issues due to what fields was doing and saying.  there was a reason he was benched for the florida game and it was about fields no one else. to keep this in recruiting we saw that cancerous part of fields with what he did with a few commits who are going elsewhere. 

Maybe I'm misreading you here, but the OP of that post isn't claiming Kirby got bossed around by a booster, just that the Fields camp interpreted things that way (which is obviously complete b.s.)

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

not sure anyone is a member of ugasports, but oh my goodness it was horrible today.. bulldog bob is off that board for a while, the attacks on him were bad and they took down that thread.. i was very disappointed with the reactions and comments from some of our fans over there after sanders went elsewhere.. it was very toxic on that board. 

With the amicable folks around this board it's easy to forget that crummy people support every football team. Sad to see.

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Maybe I'm misreading you here, but the OP of that post isn't claiming Kirby got bossed around by a booster, just that the Fields camp interpreted things that way (which is obviously complete b.s.)

i was referring to the field's camp believing that BS.. that only backed up their ridiculous narrative in their own minds.  

yeah i meant 22.. plumlee won't be counted until after aug.  i would love to get sanders..  

Plumlee wont be counted at all, at least until next year. Unless we decide to pull the blueshirt and give him a full scholarship, which might be possible now. 

95Dawg likes this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I really don't know why in the **** any dual threat QB with options would come to UGA now. Our offense does not need one at all and Kirby/Chaney proved to me beyond the shadow of a doubt they have no clue how to use a top end dual threat effectively... I as a freaking fan of this team don't trust them to develop a dual threat QB at this point. Not one bit.

Mathis is not going to be a dual threat QB. Williams is too good to waste his eligibility with Chaney and Kirby's overbearing attitude with conservative offensive playcalling.

Chaney strategize a dual-threat offense? Ha!

The only thing Chaney is a dual threat for is the buffet and desert bar.

1 minute ago, AutumnEffect said:

With the amicable folks around this board it's easy to forget that crummy people support every football team. Sad to see.

yeah i really liked how our guys on this board handled it.. we have a great bunch of fans on this college board.. 

i was referring to the field's camp believing that BS.. that only backed up their ridiculous narrative in their own minds.  

:tiphat:

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Ok so that post was written from the “Fields camp” narrative?  I thought it was a third party that just knew behind the scenes stuff? No?

I’m confused:huh: 

1 minute ago, 95Dawg said:

Not the splash everyone was hoping for but considering how that **** hit the fan just a few days ago Kirby and co I think did good in a short amount of time to pull out 2 QBs to come in and help out in spring ball and provide some depth. Someone has to help throw the ball besides Fromm in practices. And they both know the situation they are coming into. I.e, should know Fromm is the man as long as he is here.  All things considered it could’ve been just Fromm Downing and Plumlee at one point. No bueno. This is better. 

We won't have anyone competing with Fromm if/when the Fields transfer happens. At all. That's the part I hate. Fields legitimately pushed Fromm in practice. I really don't know if Fromm turns it on to the level he did after the LSU game without Fields pushing him on every rep. I think Fromm stepped up to be the leader we needed at a time when things really soured for Justin, too. 

Obviously things went south somewhere and everyone is going to come to their own conclusions. We probably won't get a fair story of both sides. We lied about how we would use/develop him, Fields is soft, a cancer... all of the above? 

Bennett is good for practice and spring ball and that's probably it. He's not a college level starter. Mathis is going to take time to develop. Hopefully Fromm is a 4 year guy for us and we can sign a top QB next year to compete with Mathis after Fromm is gone. It's so flipping frustrating how our QB situation is looking.