g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'll say this, if we meet him in the playoffs I think he out performs Fromm. Maybe even beats us.

Against our d? By then? 

And who’s d will Fromm be playing?

I’ll just say I hope Fields turns out to be half as good as most are making him out to be.. he’s like the second coming around here

sdogg and RedandBlack4Life! like this

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'll say this, if we meet him in the playoffs I think he out performs Fromm. Maybe even beats us.

Perhaps. Or perhaps Fromm out performs Fields (like he did Tau) and we win. 

8 minutes ago, WOR said:

I think we're at the point we're the simplest explanation is this player and this coach are terrible fits together. 

Kirby is old school conservative. Fields is new age elite talent.

Fields idn't like how he was handled. Kirby didn't like how fields handled himself. 

They seem like two personalities that would need perfect circumstances to coexist. They didn't get it. 

Everyone involved needs a fresh start. 

"new age elite talent" 

Sounds like Fields would be better served to just switch to basketball; he'd find that world a better fit for his "new age elite talents."

3 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Perhaps. Or perhaps Fromm out performs Fields (like he did Tau) and we win. 

As much as he out performed Tua we still didn't win that game. 4tj quarter rolled around and we couldn't even get a field goal. Just like last year.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

I really don't know why in the **** any dual threat QB with options would come to UGA now. Our offense does not need one at all and Kirby/Chaney proved to me beyond the shadow of a doubt they have no clue how to use a top end dual threat effectively... I as a freaking fan of this team don't trust them to develop a dual threat QB at this point. Not one bit.

Mathis is not going to be a dual threat QB. Williams is too good to waste his eligibility with Chaney and Kirby's overbearing attitude with conservative offensive playcalling.

Well, it's not like Bama and Clemson are hurting with having QBs that are primarily passing QBs....  

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

As much as he out performed Tua we still didn't win that game. 4tj quarter rolled around and we couldn't even get a field goal. Just like last year.

No doubt. The point was that Fromm outperformed Tau, who would have won the Heisman had he not played so bad. 

3 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

"new age elite talent" 

Sounds like Fields would be better served to just switch to basketball; he'd find that world a better fit for his "new age elite talents."

Or maybe our coaches can get their heads out their ***** and stop blowing ****..it’s clear Fields has a point ..this staff don’t know what the **** to do in big moments of adversity 

2 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

"new age elite talent" 

He can fit just fine in a lot of programs, and I for sure am not speaking on this like I have any idea how fields really is as a person lol. 

I'm just not sure he can fit in a old saban/Kirby type environment. They thrive on the "sit down. Shut up. Do what I say. I'm the boss" environment. That's not a good place for an elite talent, who feels hes been misled, to be. 

2 minutes ago, WOR said:

He can fit just fine in a lot of programs, and I for sure am not speaking on this like I have any idea how fields really is as a person lol. 

I'm just not sure he can fit in a old saban/Kirby type environment. They thrive on the "sit down. Shut up. Do what I say. I'm the boss" environment. That's not a good place for an elite talent, who feels hes been misled, to be. 

new age elite talents and being misled weren't in my post, nor the one i replied to. If you believe he was misled then that's a different facet I didn't see or was addressing.

13 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

Well, it's not like Bama and Clemson are hurting with having QBs that are primarily passing QBs....  

That's nice. What does that have to do with our staff recruiting the #1 dual threat QB and having no clue how to use him and still having a preference to go after dual threat QBs?

I've complained about how our offense holds back Fromm, too. As good as he has been, he would be sooo much better and our offense would be unstoppable if we let him run hurry up more frequently.

But we obviously want a cookie cutter QB to just be a game manager. It's so frustrating. We somehow manage to be a fairly high ranking offense despite handcuffing ourselves. It's madness.

Edited by Carter

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

That's nice. What does that have to do with our staff recruiting the #1 dual threat QB and having no clue how to use him and still having a preference to go after dual threat QBs?

I've complained about how our offense holds back Fromm, too. As good as he has been, he would be sooo much better and our offense would be unstoppable if we let him run hurry up more frequently.

But we obviously want a cookie cutter QB to just be a game manager. It's so frustrating. We somehow manage to be a fairly high ranking offense despite handcuffing ourselves. It's madness.

Chaney is the one thing holding this team back. 

I was praying he would be phased out by now. But alas..... 

We might have a title/playing for another one with just the tiniest of improvements at OC. 

Take the uber vanilla garbage to an accounting firm. 

sdogg likes this

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'll only point out that before this year with Tua, Saban has been exactly the same way his entire time at Alabama. Kirby learned that maddening conservative football from Saban, who rode it to many national championships; so we really can't blame him for being that way when you think about it. Saban would still be that way too if it weren't for the 2nd half of the national championship game last year. 

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I've complained about how our offense holds back Fromm, too. As good as he has been, he would be sooo much better and our offense would be unstoppable if we let him run hurry up.

I also thought the "how to use" Fields was a big problem all season, but I also realize that it would take time to adapt and it is apparent that Kirby was working on improving that. I wanted Fields in at LSU before halftime but the staff didn't feel it was the right choice yet. I expected Fields to take the job from Fromm....  that he didn't, tells me he wasn't better and thus couldn't.  Being the great talent is just part of being the QB at UGA and other top level schools; it seems fairly obvious to me that those other things were, and are, where Fields needs the most improvement right now. 

1 minute ago, jeffro2000 said:

Stetson Bennett?? Is this the big news??

yes it's very good news.. he knows the offense and he can back up fromm and we can redshirt mathis..  very good signing

OOOKAAAYYYY...well, here goes...

SoFL_Dawg hinted that another poster had the same info he did, and let this guy break the news. The newest rumor is Stetson Bennett is making a return on scholarship to UGA next year. Sooo, yeah...:shrug:

Just now, RandomFan said:

OOOKAAAYYYY...well, here goes...

SoFL_Dawg hinted that another poster had the same info he did, and let this guy break the news. The newest rumor is Stetson Bennett is making a return on scholarship to UGA next year. Sooo, yeah...:shrug:

it's been a rumor for a few days now regarding stetson.. the staff reached out to him a few days ago and was waiting to hear back if he could go to the rajun cajins or accept the scholarship offer.. it was announced a short time ago he signed.  

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

it's been a rumor for a few days now regarding stetson.. the staff reached out to him a few days ago and was waiting to hear back if he could go to the rajun cajins or accept the scholarship offer.. it was announced a short time ago he signed.  

Welp, in that case this should be what happens to Fields now. 

tumblr_nejkqcrURA1qdlh1io1_400.gif

7 minutes ago, WOR said:

Chaney is the one thing holding this team back. 

I was praying he would be phased out by now. But alas..... 

We might have a title/playing for another one with just the tiniest of improvements at OC. 

Take the uber vanilla garbage to an accounting firm. 

I was never a big fan of hiring Chaney, but I think even Chaney is handcuffed. Kirby wants to do Kirby things and micromanage rather than delegate and supervise.

Billy Ocean likes this