g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Who are the top 2020 qb's that we are going to be targeting? 

CJ Dixon from Grayson 

robby ashford from Hoover. 

I bet the staff will get in on some higher rates guys. Especially with how our depth chart will look if fields ends up leaving. 

I wouldn't count Stevenson just yet. His mom gave her blessings for him to go to Miami yesterday. I'm still 50/50 cause I haven't heard anything to sway me one way or the other. 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I wouldn't count Stevenson just yet. His mom gave her blessings for him to go to Miami yesterday. I'm still 50/50 cause I haven't heard anything to sway me one way or the other. 

Like I said mine was just a prediction. No Inside info. I agree it’s probably 50/50

youngbloodz likes this

hey guys can we move the fields transfer talk to the fields transfer thread and out of this thread plz.. let's leave this for actual recruiting info.. thanks. 

32 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

i don't get how we are even in play for stevenson..  his mom has wanted him to leave and now she gives him her blessing?  i wonder if that's true or just board rumor.  it sounds like she has been pretty set on him leaving the state.. mom's usually have a reason for that so much so they don't just change a few days before a commitment. 

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i don't get how we are even in play for stevenson..  his mom has wanted him to leave and now she gives him her blessing?  i wonder if that's true or just board rumor.  it sounds like she has been pretty set on him leaving the state.. mom's usually have a reason for that so much so they don't just change a few days before a commitment. 

His mom still wants him to leave. It's like the Amari Cooper deal. He wanted to stay and play for Miami but his mom wanted him out of the state of Florida so he goes to Bama. But yesterday afternoon she gave him her blessings to go to UM. But she still prefers him to go to Georgia. I dont know exactly the reason why his mom wants him to leave though. Maybe have new experiences 

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

His mom still wants him to leave. It's like the Amari Cooper deal. He wanted to stay and play for Miami but his mom wanted him out of the state of Florida so he goes to Bama. But yesterday afternoon she gave him her blessings to go to UM. But she still prefers him to go to Georgia. I dont know exactly the reason why his mom wants him to leave though. Maybe have new experiences 

the other reason and one i have seen in a number of cases was he has guys who are the wrong friends that she is afraid will follow him to miami and be a problem.  i have heard that from other guys down in florida and why parents want them out.  i know jarvis jones had that issue and his family wanted him to be as far away as possible which was why he went to california before returning 2 years later to UGA, but those friends (parasites) were long gone.  i thought that was behind why she wanted her son out of florida, but i could be wrong there.  either way the fact that we are in this without a db coach is a testament to how great of a recruiter kirby is..  i still think he ends up in miami in the end.  i hope i am wrong. 

12 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

hey guys can we move the fields transfer talk to the fields transfer thread and out of this thread plz.. let's leave this for actual recruiting info.. thanks. 

Image result for come on I need some good news gif

mike teevee likes this

1 minute ago, Billy Ocean said:

Back when Kirby said “the plan is there is no plan,” I assumed that was just something he was telling the media. But then I saw how Fields was used this season and realized that unfortunately Kirby had told the truth. I hope Fields stays, but I won’t blame him if he decides to go some place that can better prepare him to take meaningful snaps.

giphy.gif

*whispers* We are moving the Justin talk to the Justin transfer thread

95Dawg likes this

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Tyrique has a tweet about how everyone where he’s from has to live that street life and he’s gonna get out of it. Rivals Miami page had an article with quotes from his mom where she was basically saying she wants him to leave and have different experiences than where he grew up. A lot of UGA fans took that to mean she is pushing him to UGA, but I really didn’t get that impression because she also said it’s his choice and she’s gonna love and support him either way.

I’ve gotten to the point where I expect him to go to Miami. Hope I’m wrong. I don’t think he would move up his announcement/signing right after visiting Miami if he was a lock to UGA like some people believe. 

youngbloodz likes this

15 minutes ago, Carter said:

Tyrique has a tweet about how everyone where he’s from has to live that street life and he’s gonna get out of it. Rivals Miami page had an article with quotes from his mom where she was basically saying she wants him to leave and have different experiences than where he grew up. A lot of UGA fans took that to mean she is pushing him to UGA, but I really didn’t get that impression because she also said it’s his choice and she’s gonna love and support him either way.

I’ve gotten to the point where I expect him to go to Miami. Hope I’m wrong. I don’t think he would move up his announcement/signing right after visiting Miami if he was a lock to UGA like some people believe. 

Oh see I was guessing about the new experiences lol. But I'm 50/50 still. I can see him at Miami or UGA.

4 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Oh see I was guessing about the new experiences lol. But I'm 50/50 still. I can see him at Miami or UGA.

if we had a db coach i think i would feel pretty confident heading into tomorrow.. kirby has taken over his recruiting so it will be interesting to see if he can close.  whatever happens I think cmr did a great job in how he handled the dc position.  

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

if we had a db coach i think i would feel pretty confident heading into tomorrow.. kirby has taken over his recruiting so it will be interesting to see if he can close.  whatever happens I think cmr did a great job in how he handled the dc position.  

You know I didn't like the co DC hires at first but now I love it. Brilliant move by him. I still need an OC hire though. 

95Dawg likes this

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

You know I didn't like the co DC hires at first but now I love it. Brilliant move by him. I still need an OC hire though. 

the db coach was going to follow diaz to temple and be his DC if CMR hadn't give him the codc job.  banda and diaz are close and diaz thinks the world of him.. i like both codcs.  they will really do a great job in recruiting as well.  even if you guys don't get stephenson you will be fine at db.  

22 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

the db coach was going to follow diaz to temple and be his DC if CMR hadn't give him the codc job.  banda and diaz are close and diaz thinks the world of him.. i like both codcs.  they will really do a great job in recruiting as well.  even if you guys don't get stephenson you will be fine at db.  

I do agree with you on that

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

What’s the latest with Haselwood? Have “recent events” impacted our feelings on being able to reel him in?

Smallwood doesn’t think it will affect his decision. Now, we both know things can change on a dime. 

g-dawg and 95Dawg like this

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

What’s the latest with Haselwood? Have “recent events” impacted our feelings on being able to reel him in?

That's a good question.  Seems like there have been several distractions lately.  I wonder how this might impact Early Signing Day.  

12 minutes ago, The Great American said:

That's a good question.  Seems like there have been several distractions lately.  I wonder how this might impact Early Signing Day.  

dunno - for sure it doesn't help.  Maybe it won't hurt.   Would feel better about future if we had an elite QB waiting to replace Justin in this class - not buying Plumlee nor Gabriel.

If a bunch of race crap comes out in next 24 hours that has legs, then could definitely hurt us - if all it is would be that baseball player who got processed in 48 hours yelling the N-word, then that should dissipate fairly quickly.

I don't know the Fields family but they have a good reputation here in Kennesaw and the dad is the school resource(police) officer at Harrison HS - cop, ex-military, no nonsense - I would be stunned if he and his son played the race card.  Don't think that would happen.

15 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Not let it get leaked out like it has before signing day. Duh.

Let’s be honest.  The leak was right after the SECCG when he said he would make a decision after the season.  I knew it was over then.

I heard some news on Haselwood but I just dont believe it but this source has been solid so far this year about him. Supposedly OU and Miami are the favorites. But I just don't believe it right now. I will try to get more information for you guys