g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Cockybrit said:

Possible Scenario:

Justin and family might have had internal dialogue about his future and made a few calls to gauge interest from certain schools.  Franklin would certainly have to be one on the list, and it wouldn't be surprising if any of the coaches timed a leak to sprinkle a little chaos with UGA's recruiting.  And it is plausible, if in fact an attorney is involved, that they could drop a rumor bomb to generate some buzz.

Through no fault of Justin or his family, and possibly a betrayal of trust, the rumor of Justin transferring is leaked.

If there is any truth to Justin and family exploring a transfer, then the silence is explainable and understandable.  They are neither confirming nor denying, and quite possibly don't have their mind made up.

If there is no truth to the situation, I find it hard to believe that Justin, any of his close teammates and maybe above all else, Kirby, hasn't come out to squash the rumor mill.

In this instance, silence from all key parties is telling.

Agreed

Just now, VA F.O. said:

No one should be saying anything to them. Talk about the "situation" as a fan, fine, but people who harass others they don't even know personally...

It’s character assasination online from fans that don’t know 10% of what is really going on - we are fans, none of us know the inner workings of any of it.

VA F.O. likes this

Possible Scenario:

Justin and family might have had internal dialogue about his future and made a few calls to gauge interest from certain schools.  Franklin would certainly have to be one on the list, and it wouldn't be surprising if any of the coaches timed a leak to sprinkle a little chaos with UGA's recruiting.  And it is plausible, if in fact an attorney is involved, that they could drop a rumor bomb to generate some buzz.

Through no fault of Justin or his family, and possibly a betrayal of trust, the rumor of Justin transferring is leaked.

If there is any truth to Justin and family exploring a transfer, then the silence is explainable and understandable.  They are neither confirming nor denying, and quite possibly don't have their mind made up.

If there is no truth to the situation, I find it hard to believe that Justin, any of his close teammates and maybe above all else, Kirby, hasn't come out to squash the rumor mill.

The interesting thing to me, is that part of why he stayed home was family and distance from them. He couldn't deal with being at PSU for a couple days a year before he moved on. Could he really do a whole semester?

I mean, I get things are tough, but ultimately the reasons that sent you to UGA are still true. Part of me thinks he'd be better off just toughing it out, but admittedly I'm biased.

Turkeydawg, ncgodawgs, sdogg and 1 other like this

3 minutes ago, Cockybrit said:

Possible Scenario:

Very plausible scenario.  Maybe even likely.

If the above were the case - the only fault of Fields and family would be simply waiting longer before starting the process to avoid these leaks - but again -  not sure that could be anticipated.

I doubt any of Fields and family wanted this to break like this - more than likely if Fields has been practicing with the team, he had every intention of staying and playing in Bowl game.

7 minutes ago, Cockybrit said:

Possible Scenario:

I definitely feel that they reached out to gauge interest from other schools and those schools are the source of the leak, right before early signing. IMO. 

jeffro2000 likes this

3 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

The interesting thing to me, is that part of why he stayed home was family and distance from them. He couldn't deal with being at PSU for a couple days a year before he moved on. Could he really do a whole semester?

I mean, I get things are tough, but ultimately the reasons that sent you to UGA are still true. Part of me thinks he'd be better off just toughing it out, but admittedly I'm biased.

Things are tough? I understand competitive nature, but did he seriously think that the transition from high school to SEC was gonna be seamless? 

sdogg likes this

Just now, sdogg said:

I definitely feel that they reached out to gauge interest from other schools and those schools are the source of the leak, right before early signing. IMO. 

wouldn't surprise me

There's a whole gaggle of schools out there who would jump at the chance to use this against us. They see that name,,,too easy to resist

sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

The school that seems to be the front runner is Ohio State, per Rusty.

Meanwhile the OSU insider has told fans nothing is even being discussed yet

Just now, VA F.O. said:

Meanwhile the OSU insider has told fans nothing is even being discussed yet

They probably are saying so to protect their interest.  

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Things are tough? I understand competitive nature, but did he seriously think that the transition from high school to SEC was gonna be seamless? 

Ultimately, it was said that, near the end of his recruitment, he shifted from "depth charts" to "where do I want to be"

Meaning, he gave up focusing on the head aspect, and moved on to a heart move

This season likely beat him over top of the head with that "head" part

Now he's trying to rationalize the two

Just now, VA F.O. said:

wouldn't surprise me

There's a whole gaggle of schools out there who would jump at the chance to use this against us. They see that name,,,too easy to resist

Agreed - I brought up Franklin, and certainly wouldn't flat out accuse anyone without proof... but just sayin... he has more than one reason to hate UGA.  For all we know, the leak might come back to bite everyone in the @S$ - it certainly portrays Justin in less than positive light, and this could possibly motivate him to stick around and prove everyone wrong.

Come to think about it... what if Kirby is the leak!

sdogg likes this

Agreed - I brought up Franklin, and certainly wouldn't flat out accuse anyone without proof... but just sayin... he has more than one reason to hate UGA.  For all we know, the leak might come back to bite everyone in the @S$ - it certainly portrays Justin in less than positive light, and this could possibly motivate him to stick around and prove everyone wrong.

lol

Just now, VA F.O. said:

Ultimately, it was said that, near the end of his recruitment, he shifted from "depth charts" to "where do I want to be"

Meaning, he gave up focusing on the head aspect, and moved on to a heart move

This season likely beat him over top of the head with that "head" part

Now he's trying to rationalize the two

I’d venture to say he was hoping for Fromm to have that “sophomore slump”.. 

but to those wanting us to thank him for all his help recruiting last year, can he get some blame for what this may do to this year’s? 

2 minutes ago, Cockybrit said:

Then he truly is Kang Kirby, lol

5 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Fields probably didn’t want to be redshirted but that’s been burned. I am sure Fields came to Athens thinking even if he didn’t beat Fromm out that he would be much closer to starting job by end of year.   Maybe Justin underestimated Fromm or just arrogantly thought he would take it away.   Who knows?

I thought Justin would have gotten more snaps and some bigger chunks of some games.   It didn’t happen.  

Kids only get 4yrs to be developed and show the NFL Scouts what you got.   The more you take your fan hat off and maybe think like the kid or parent, the easier it is to understand.   We always tend to come at it from the fan perspective.

If Pablo Fields was a UGA Alum and huge Georgia fan his whole life and so was Justin - I still think they would be looking to transfer - if you were Justin’s dad, think you might feel the same.  It doesn’t matter what they thought a little over a year ago - things change  - perception changes - he knows the coaches more now, etc.

Justin Fields leaving isn’t what is best for Georgia- butit May be best for him.

Zone#7 likes this

27 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Umm, well, kinda

What he does after he leaves here will be no indication that he could've done it this season, and it would be the same that he could do here in a later season as well, assuming he doesn't play next season

I’ve told all my UGA friends at work to be prepared to lose a 5 star Qb. It’s one or the other. It has to happen. Fields or Fromm. That’s the deal. Kirby chose Fromm and Fromm has not failed him.  He’s been great for a true sophomore. Absolutely great. What do you do? As a head coach. What’s your argument?   

MattyIceonTap likes this

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Justin Fields leaving isn’t what is best for Georgia- butit May be best for him.

Might be best for both parties.  Now we don't have to hear the mid-season chatter about our #2 qb looking to leave the team.

sdogg likes this

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

You're so far up his *** I'm surprised you can't tell us what's really going on

I can.

Justin is uber talented player stuck as backup behind another great player that is battle tested and has confidence of the coaches.

Justin wants to play and is talented enough to start for almost all programs - probably would have started this, his freshman year, for every program  except UGA(Fromm), Bama(Tua), Oklahoma(Murray), Ohio State(Haskins), WVU(Grier), PSU(McSorley) - that’s about it - maybe Lock(Mizzou).  Only Tua and Fromm are sophomores. So, from a playing standpoint, only two teams in country were tough for a top prospect wanting to play for three years.

Doesn’t want to take chance of being backup for three years like DJ Shockley - Fields more talented  than Shock(DGD).

9 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Might be best for both parties.  Now we don't have to hear the mid-season chatter about our #2 qb looking to leave the team.

If you think Fromm going down and bringing in Downing or Plumlee is best for the team - then you’re wrong.

Just now, g-dawg said:

If you think Fromm going down and bringing in Downing or Plumlee is best for the team - then your wrong.

Better than bringing in a player who has seemed to have one foot out the door for the majority of the season.

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

Better than bringing in a player who has seemed to have one foot out the door for the majority of the season.

Still wrong