g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

Just now, g-dawg said:

So again, you are mad at Fields for a leak that he might transfer getting out?  A leak that wasn’t likely placed by Fields not his immediate family.   

T

i

m

i

n

g

geez man.. you’re beyond biased

Turkeydawg likes this

1 minute ago, VA F.O. said:

247 was getting crazy out of hand with all this ****. They made an official Fields thread.

Ugasports has about 100 different threads. I quoted Radi and again told him (more politely this time) that I'm disappointed with the way they are handling the story and I expect better.

@UGABOZ old *** told me don't open the thread then. :rolleyes::lol: 

Wardog357 and AutumnEffect like this

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ugasports has about 100 different threads. I quoted Radi and again told him (more politely this time) that I'm disappointed with the way they are handling the story and I expect better.

:lol: Carter you are AWESOME!  

Carter likes this

31 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Maybe he wasn’t fully ready?

Maybe he was thinking about transferring but not 100%.

Maybe he was 80% or 70% or 50%.

The media reported this

But according to YOU,

Justin Fields must come out in next 30 minutes with a definitive plan on what he’s doing - even if he doesn’t for sure know yet.

That’s totally unfair and unrealistic.

Well, somebody is talking.  The media didn't make this whole thing up.  

sdogg likes this

3 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

I have yet to say anything bashing the kid, quite simply, because this whole thing is complicated.

Saying the kid or his family isn't right, but it isn't necessarily wrong either, the same rings true for praising him. That's your problem. You are 100% incapable of impartiality when it comes to Fields. He's a great kid who will do great things, and anything else that shows otherwise is caused by someone else, at no fault of his own. That's you, and that's always been you since the beginning. You can't see it because of those glasses permanently glued to your head, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. That's what friends and loved ones do. It just leaves you crazy biased is all.

The same is true for many others, that are only capable of looking at this as a fan of UGA, without recognizing that there's a kid's future at stake here, and important family matters going on in the background.

Both are true, and both are wrong.

You aren’t Solomon - you don’t get to say “split the baby”.

There is no reason to assume fault to Justin right now in this case and rumor turned into a news story.  

We can argue all day long about Justin’s abilities and if he should play more or less and his role in the offense, etc. etc,  I may feel one way and you may feel another and we can agree or disagree and still be in agreement about 90% of all things GEORGIA BULLDOGS.

However, what is going on for this topic, this night is uncalled for and it’s not right.   

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

I had to stop reading threads over there.. it’s starting die down it seems but it’s been quite intense over there tonight

Carter likes this

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

There is no reason to assume fault to Justin right now in this case and rumor turned into a news story.  

We can argue all day long about Justin’s abilities and if he should play more or less and his role in the offense, etc. etc,  I may feel one way and you may feel another and we can agree or disagree and still be in agreement about 90% of all things GEORGIA BULLDOGS.

However, what is going on for this topic, this night is uncalled for and it’s not right.   

You're right someone just made up the story for kicks and giggles.

sdogg likes this

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The world doesn't exist in black and white. Things just aren't that simple

You'll have to get over that reality

...or don't. I really couldn't care less. Could do without the random huge font, Bold type overreaction posts though. meh

Edited by VA F.O.
fibonaccisquared likes this

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

You're right someone just made up the story for kicks and giggles.

The same story that just keeps popping up throughout the season and afterwards.. with no rebuttal.. from the one who could refute it better than any other.. 

Turkeydawg, Ovie_Lover and sdogg like this

2 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

The world doesn't exist in black and white. Things just aren't that simple

Get over it

...or don't. I really couldn't care less. Could do without the random huge font, Bold type overreaction posts though. meh

I applaud you trying.. 

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

The same story that just keeps popping up throughout the season and afterwards.. with no rebuttal.. from the one who could refute it better than any other.. 

At this point he can go ahead and leave, he wants to keep one foot out the door then we should push him.

sdogg and jeffro2000 like this

4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

There's just no way to deny this. It just keeps getting leaked out. Now, 2 days before early signing. 

1 minute ago, sdogg said:

There's just no way to deny this. It just keeps getting leaked out. Now, 2 days before early signing. 

Oh no no no.. it’s a “hot take”.. thus it’s fresh.. we haven’t heard this ever before.. first time... 

:rolleyes:

sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Oh no no no.. it’s a “hot take”.. thus it’s fresh.. we haven’t heard this ever before.. first time... 

:rolleyes:

Yeah. Someone just wasn't paying attention. It's been going on since the season started. 

TheTrue7 likes this

Freshman quarterback Justin Fields has told the Georgia coaching staff that he is looking into transferring after the conclusion of the 2018 season.

Fields asked to have his name included on the NCAA Transfer Portal list. The transfer portal took the place of the release student athletes needed to get from their coaches to speak with other schools.

Fields and his family are expected to consult with attorney Thomas Mars. Mars was instrumental in helping a number of Ole Miss student athletes appeal the NCAA rule that requires transfers between FBS schools to sit out one year. Those athletes, notable Shea Patterson of Michigan, were allowed to play immediately.

All of this does not guarantee that Fields will transfer from Georgia. He was at practice today and is expected to play in Georgia's bowl game. Still, putting his name on the transfer list so other coaches can speak with him and expecting to consult with an attorney who specializes in helping players receive immediate eligibility all point to a likely transfer.

https://uga.rivals.com/news/the-latest-on-justin-fields-2

VA F.O. likes this

Just now, sdogg said:

Yeah. Someone just wasn't paying attention. It's been going on since the season started. 

Remember someone repeatedly saying something to the effect that “we will end up losing Justin because of how he’s being used or not being used”.. but when that “hot take” gets “leaked”... hmmm

sdogg likes this

On a side note plums highlights do look pretty good, looks like a decent backup, just hope frommdoesn’t get hurt, but at the end of the day Fields isn’t gonna beat out fromm no one is as long as he’s there. Hope we get haselwood but hope it’s not a similar situation if he doesn’t get enough   Of me time he seeks greener pastures as well. 

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Bye.  Sit him for the bowl game if he isn't going to be part of the team next year.  Need our 3rd stringer to see some live action.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I’m too stupid to even know what this insult is - LMAO

No insult to you g dawg.

i was just making a joke about ETA discussion/debate. 

And I am an old USAF NAVIGATOR so there is only one real ETA! 

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, Team UGA said:

I'd put money we will hear something officially tomorrow. (Which sadly I think will be him transferring...)

Is that you Justin?