g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

Fields has a lot of raw talent, but when he was given drives it was clear that he wasn't 100% there as a QB. The Auburn game was pretty eye opening there. So if this is actually true and he does end up leaving, then goodbye, I don't like the drama.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wins a Heisman, but even if he somehow magically gets eligible for next year, I think it wouldn't be then and in 2020 as he needs development.

Of course with the luck Georgia has had, watch him go to a Big 12 team, and that team take out an SEC team (Georgia or Alabama) for a national title.

sdogg likes this

Just now, g-dawg said:

Did Justin hold a press conference and announce he was transferring, Mr Hot Take?

You're right he said nothing to no one and someone made up this random rumor and he's too busy to squash it.

TheTrue7 and Turkeydawg like this

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You are sooooo wrong!  This is a kid and his future and his life and you don’t get to have a dayum thing to say about it.

Sorry if it ruined your day - I’m a huge fan of Justin’s and a UGA Alum.  I ain’t happy about it either.

Justin has the talent to be a 1st round draft pick and Heisman winner - in my opinion.  Don’t blame him for not wanting to ride the bench for 2-3yrs.

So why should Justin hold a spot on this roster from someone that actually wants to be here. Kind of selfish don’t you think. If he doesn’t want to ride the bench then why not prove to the coach’s what you think Justin can do. 

Edited by Ga_spider
Turkeydawg likes this

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Yea you’re right the timing is great.. he’s not grabbing the spotlight once again.. 

no thanks.. don’t wanna match your knees

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

If he's so good he would beat out Fromm. If he wants to transfer say something sooner or after signing day

He hasn’t said anything. Do yall think he leaked the story? LOL it’s not his fault. But he has a chance to clean this mess up

g-dawg and Bdawg58 like this

Just now, UAB_DAWG said:

He hasn’t said anything. Do yall think he leaked the story? LOL it’s not his fault. But he has a chance to clean this mess up

Tick tock 

Just now, Ga_spider said:

So why should Justin hold a spot on this roster from someone that actually wants to be here. Kind of selfish don’t you think. If he doesn’t want to ride the bench then prove to the coach’s what you think Justin can do. 

You may not be aware but there are two signing days the one on Wednesday is the 1st day you can sign someone- not the last.

Amazing how quick a fanbase can turn on a player.

1 minute ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Thank you!

I feel like I am Bizarro world right now.

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Tick tock 

I agree and said as much earlier. The longer it drags out the more he hurts the team. But this isn’t his fault. He’s never said a word publicly about transferring. 

So it’s all over.. and there’s soooooooo many venues or networking nowadays that allows you to get your thoughts out there quickly.. yet all is quiet.. 

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Should he though? Shouldn’t he? 

It’s been what 45 minutes?

Slow down Speedy Gonzalez.  Let it breathe overnight. This is an 18yr old kid, not a PR firm.

Schlabach says he is flirting with transferring, but wants to play in the sugar bowl. Just ridiculous really. 

No clue what to believe, but between thus and the stepmom, I suspect he is gone but didn't want it public until later 

Edited by jeffro2000

I agree and said as much earlier. The longer it drags out the more he hurts the team. But this isn’t his fault. He’s never said a word publicly about transferring. 

It’s literally been like an hour since this hit major news outlets 

But.. again it doesn’t take much to squash it.. a quick #fakenews would do.. 

sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, jeffro2000 said:

Schlabach says he is flirting with transferring, but wants to play in the sugar bowl. Just ridiculous really.

Wow..

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

So it’s all over.. and there’s soooooooo many venues or networking nowadays that allows you to get your thoughts out there quickly.. yet all is quiet.. 

Maybe he wasn’t fully ready?

Maybe he was thinking about transferring but not 100%.

Maybe he was 80% or 70% or 50%.

The media reported this

But according to YOU,

Justin Fields must come out in next 30 minutes with a definitive plan on what he’s doing - even if he doesn’t for sure know yet.

That’s totally unfair and unrealistic.

AutumnEffect likes this

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

But.. again it doesn’t take much to squash it.. a quick #fakenews would do.. 

I get that but he's not on your schedule. If he's quiet for a few more days then I'll be pissed. **** his phone's probably blowing up so bad that he shut it off. I know I would. The people to blame are the ****** reporters that ran with an unfounded rumor. 

g-dawg likes this

I don’t think Fields has said anything because he’s meeting with Kirby and staff. If he decides to transfer good for him. If he decides not to transfer good for both sides. I refuse to bash the kid, I don’t agree how this is coming about but let’s blame the adults in his life for letting this become what it has 

g-dawg, Carter, jtcrews75 and 1 other like this

What’s ironic is there are hundreds of kids right now going through this exact same debate with family and school about transferring- but because Justin is a high profile recruit/player ona top team and a media member gets a hold of it and goes to press with it - Justin Fields is “the Devil”.

You guys pushing this are just overreacting to the power of 1,000.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Maybe he wasn’t fully ready?

Maybe he was thinking about transferring but not 100%.

Maybe he was 80% or 70% or 50%.

The media reported this

But according to YOU,

Justin Fields must come out in next 30 minutes with a definitive plan on what he’s doing - even if he doesn’t for sure know yet.

That’s totally unfair and unrealistic.

Again, you have what seems like a personal attachment to the kid.. doesn’t matter what he does or doesn’t do.. its 100% right in your eyes..

the timing of this is bad.. the fact that it got “leaked” is bad.. the fact that this “rumor” has never been squashed all year long is bad.. being that every time we feel safe, this same rhetoric pops up wreaks of drama.. not a fan of drama.. 

sdogg likes this

4 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I don’t think Fields has said anything because he’s meeting with Kirby and staff. If he decides to transfer good for him. If he decides not to transfer good for both sides. I refuse to bash the kid, I don’t agree how this is coming about but let’s blame the adults in his life for letting this become what it has 

I can tell you Justin comes from a great family.  His father is the police officer at our high school and is not only a great role model for Justin but for all the kids.  I have a 10th & 11th grader there.

This is not some crazy family.  So just stop that angle.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

What’s ironic is there are hundreds of kids right now going through this exact same debate with family and school about transferring- but because Justin is a high profile recruit/player ona top team and a media member gets a hold of it and goes to press with it - Justin Fields is “the Devil”.

You guys pushing this are just overreacting to the power of 1,000.

Both sides are pushing extremes, yourself included. You've never been able to talk about Fields in anything other than extremes. 

1 minute ago, VA F.O. said:

Both sides are pushing extremes, yourself included. You've never been able to talk about Fields in anything other than extremes. 

Ding..