g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

I might have to stay away from the vent and the vault until after Wednesday. This stuff is just filler talk until Wednesday. Fields is going to be a great player but all this drama isn’t worth it 

Turkeydawg and richham like this

I don't blame Fields, came in just to waste a year on a staff that was afraid to let him pass (unless it's an ill-timed fake punt that is).

g-dawg likes this

Life’s too short to sweat a Field’s departue. He might leave because he couldn’t beat out Fromm, a kid that almost won the natty as a true freshman? If any of this is true, then he’s not the kid I thought he was.

Turkeydawg and sdogg like this

11 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Has to hurt with Haselwood? I agree, be gone and get it over with. Nice to do it two days before the early signing period. 

So now is Justin going to follow Haselwood to a particular school, or was all that talk about how influential one was on the other, just talk?

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

So now is Justin going to follow Haselwood to a particular school, or was all that talk about how influential one was on the other, just talk?

They are close. No telling what that means for who plays where. We won’t find out on Haselwood until January. **** sure better find out about Fields asap. I’m about to cancel my ugasports sub over this crap. 

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

I’m just going to wait and see what the truth is. Fields has been at practice. This reeks of media jumping on a rumor too soon trying to be the ones who broke the story.

A lot of obvious bs being floated right now that doesn’t even deserve discussion.

I don’t believe Yahoo breaks this story without it being nailed down.

This sucks!

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

This sucks!

They are literally all citing Wolken. Every single article that’s been put out. 

Not one UGA beat writer or insider is confirming this. I just won’t believe it until it’s comes from a credible UGA source. Dan Wolken is a joke and is known for jumping the gun on stories. I guess it’s just a waiting game now 

Carter and jtcrews75 like this

Yeah, every article is still citing the one source from Wolken. I hope it isn't true. If he has been at practice then you have to question it.

We will see. If it isn't true I hope it gets squashed quickly now that main stream guys are reporting it. The news doesn't seem to be a shock to some insiders though.

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Like Carter said, Fields could squash all this drama with a single tweet.  

Seems like at this point it seems like a statement is needed if it is indeed garbage. 

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

This sucks!

Do you really think Fields would lie to the coaches about staying? Do you think his parents, with full knowledge of this and intention of him transferring, would then go to USA Today to start a campaign for the NCAA to rule him eligible immediately because of the racial slur incident? That’s the **** being floated right now. And Radi said that Trent Smallwood was told by a source that the family intends to use the racial slur incident to appeal for immediate eligibility.

Do you see how stupid this is right now?

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

17 minutes ago, richham said:

Life’s too short to sweat a Field’s departue. He might leave because he couldn’t beat out Fromm, a kid that almost won the natty as a true freshman? If any of this is true, then he’s not the kid I thought he was.

He is a kid. That's the most important thing out of all of this. Kids change their minds all the time

5 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

One person can squash it.. 

Yep. He needs to make a statement even if it’s saying he’s undecided and mulling options. His silence will start hurting the team real soon.

If he really is at practice it doesn’t seem like it is something that is happening. The timing of it, if it was happening, would be happening to hurt UGA right before signing day. Someone still hanging with the team doesn’t seem like someone who would be sticking it to us to cause damage like that.