g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Carter said:

What a ******* clown show the vent AND vault is now that the Fields rumor got busted wide open. <_< <_<

 

Yeah it’s quite annoying.. I hate the Monday and Tuesday before signing day. Dumb and baseless rumors are taken as fact and vise versa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I’m too stupid to even know what this insult is - LMAO

2300Z is 23:00 Zulu time.

Estimated time of arrival 2300Z would be 38 minutes ago now.

Then he edited to add :lol: 

Hope this helps lol

fibonaccisquared and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically there is nothing credible at this point with regards to a Fields Transfer?

Dawgs would be F’d if Fields left and Jake got hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Dawgvent is pure trash right now but that is how radi wants it. 

Yeah I’m pretty heated about it. They’ve deleted 2 of my posts calling this garbage out for what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

So basically there is nothing credible at this point with regards to a Fields Transfer?

I don’t think so, but the guys on 247 are talking as if it’s a done deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carter said:

Nothing.

Dawgs are F’d if Fields leaves if Jake went down.  None of the guys we are recruiting are likely Championship caliber.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like John Rhys Plumlee but they want to try to blueshirt him if he gets on campus, so he likely wouldn't play. IF this Fields stuff turns out to be right, that's not going to be good at all.

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Carter said, Fields could squash all this drama with a single tweet.  

Jake pointed out that Fields sidestepped the question when asked about it after the SEC championship game. 

Just give me someone who isn't afraid to come in, put in the work and not get their feelings hurt if they have to sit behind a better/more experienced player.

 

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

I like John Rhys Plumlee but they want to try to blueshirt him if he gets on campus, so he likely wouldn't play. IF this Fields stuff turns out to be right, that's not going to be good at all.

Fields is more important than any recruit on the board right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Turkeydawg said:

Like Carter said, Fields could squash all this drama with a single tweet.  

Jake pointed out that Fields sidestepped the question when asked about it after the SEC championship game. 

Just give me someone who isn't afraid to come in, put in the work and not get their feelings hurt if they have to sit behind a better/more experienced player.

 

I won’t be mad at Fields either way - just would hate it for the Dawgs.   Hindsight 20/20 but we should have redshirted him if that was all we were gonna play him.

The kid’s too good to sit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I won’t be mad at Fields either way - just would hate it for the Dawgs.   Hindsight 20/20 but we should have redshirted him if that was all we were gonna play him.

The kid’s too good to sit.  

And who was gonna be our #2?  

Fields might be too good to sit down the road, but Fromm was the qb we needed this year.  Too bad we wasted snaps on Fields in the SEC championship game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah I’m pretty heated about it. They’ve deleted 2 of my posts calling this garbage out for what it is. 

it's beyond ridiculous right now.. just smh at how they are handling it.. even 247 was locking threads.  regarding fields possibly transferring no one knows right now other than the staff and the field's family.  this isn't a surprise though.. you could see the writing on the wall with how they were using him early on.. i hope that the staff can convince him to stay.. if not we are hurting if anything happens to fromm.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

And who was gonna be our #2?  

Fields might be too good to sit down the road, but Fromm was the qb we needed this year.  Too bad we wasted snaps on Fields in the SEC championship game.

The way Fields was used was ridiculous.  Not his fault in SECCG or any other game.  Fake punt not his fault either.  Fields played as good as could be expected given how he was used.

frankly88 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is from one of the two or three decently plugged in posters over on the DawgNation forums, posted this morning: 

Quote

 

On Wednesday it will become apparent (if it wasn't already), that we have the greatest recruiter on the planet as our head coach. Was hesitant to put this out there before last night, but I am very confident that we land Haselwood, Stevenson, Sanders, and Dean on Wednesday.

On Neal - we have taken a Bama lock and made a battle out of it. If you ask me this minute, I still think he lands at Bama. But our staff has given him a ton to think about, and with Nolan and Trey in his ear, I think the emotional draw could possibly shift things in our favor over the next 48 hours.

On Wright - nice to have a Top 10 overall player as a contingencyOnplan isn't it? While trying to pull Neal in the early period, we have concurrently been working to keep Wright from signing on Wednesday. Unfortunate situation where his coach is a UTK fanboy and would love nothing more than to hand deliver a 5-star to Knoxville and have Pruitt forever indebted to him. Wright is the guy I alluded to a while back, and there is hopefully still a long way to go with this one. If we miss on Neal and get Wright to delay, advantage Pittman.

Which leaves us with one spot remaining... and something tells me that Santa Kirby might have one last surprise to put a cherry on top and have us all flippin' out when it's said and done :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Signing Day to all of you - I think you'll enjoy it as much as last year, if not more.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope our Wednesday is as good as our guys think because that would bring us 1 step closer to beating bama.  Plus we would be able to say that Kang Kirby is the best closer in the business.  The fact that Kirby and Pittboss took Neal from a bama lock to an actual battle says it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ATLBrave said:

I’m sure this has already been covered and I just missed it, but anyone have a clue where Solomon is going to end up?

I think it's too early to know at this point

 

ATLBrave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

I’m sure this has already been covered and I just missed it, but anyone have a clue where Solomon is going to end up?

no one knows.. i know there was talk before the season even started that solomon wasn't happy and wanted to leave michigan so those transfer rumors started before the season even happen.  based on his relationship with momma if we have room i can see him coming to uga. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

I think it's too early to know at this point

 

 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

no one knows.. i know there was talk before the season even started that solomon wasn't happy and wanted to leave michigan so those transfer rumors started before the season even happen.  based on his relationship with momma if we have room i can see him coming to uga. 

That’s what I figured. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lennon said:

I don’t think so, but the guys on 247 are talking as if it’s a done deal. 

I've been really disapointed in how Rusty and Co have handled this entire story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now