g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Would be surprised if we’re not gonna try to bring him home. He qualifies for a redshirt this season and could theoretically be eligible for the 2019 season with a waiver. Hmmmmm

Interesting 

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Would be surprised if we’re not gonna try to bring him home. He qualifies for a redshirt this season and could theoretically be eligible for the 2019 season with a waiver. Hmmmmm

lol... literally had just typed almost the same thing on the dawgrant. He was out with a leg injury for most of the season this year IIRC? NCAA has been granting those waivers a lot more often of late.

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

Oh no that crazy Guna on 247 predicted this months ago and even though hes not on 247 (kicked off I guess) his ego will be doubled

AutumnEffect likes this

11 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Oh no that crazy Guna on 247 predicted this months ago and even though hes not on 247 (kicked off I guess) his ego will be doubled

Hahaha well laguna is a loser but he has info sometimes. I’m pretty sure his “contact” is a janitor or something though. 

He probably did get kicked off 247. Pretty sure he got kicked off the vent. They both need to permaban UGA03MAIN, that guy is a complete jackass.

95Dawg likes this

17 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

lol... literally had just typed almost the same thing on the dawgrant. He was out with a leg injury for most of the season this year IIRC? NCAA has been granting those waivers a lot more often of late.

I’m really not sure about his injury. I know he missed the whole season really though. Don’t think there would be any issue with the NCAA granting a waiver if he transfers to UGA or Auburn and claims hardship. We sure could use him. We have some players on the DL but that’s the one spot we really haven’t recruited at an elite level.

fibonaccisquared likes this

Btw Solomon would count against our numbers in this class. Not just the 85 schollies. Was confirmed by Smallwood and a poster who keeps up with roster/scholarship/walk-on info and rules religiously. Something to keep in mind. 

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Btw Solomon would count against our numbers in this class. Not just the 85 schollies. Was confirmed by Smallwood and a poster who keeps up with roster/scholarship/walk-on info and rules religiously. Something to keep in mind. 

Why? After 2 years, not supposed to count to my knowledge?

ETA: Think I'm getting that confused with walk-ons granted a scholarship after 2 years... I'm really unclear on transfers. 

Edited by fibonaccisquared

Interesting thing to me is that supposedly the main reason that we missed on him the first time was that his mother insisted on Kirby guaranteeing her son immediate playing time 

g-dawg likes this

24 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Why? After 2 years, not supposed to count to my knowledge?

ETA: Think I'm getting that confused with walk-ons granted a scholarship after 2 years... I'm really unclear on transfers. 

Not sure exactly but I asked them to explain.

What is ETA?? I see that on SEC Rant a lot when people edit their message. 

22 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Interesting thing to me is that supposedly the main reason that we missed on him the first time was that his mother insisted on Kirby guaranteeing her son immediate playing time 

That was a small part of it and mostly just an excuse. That whole situation got really screwed up. Mom started off saying how much she loves the way Saban and Kirby operate, then Michigan became the favorite and mom actively worked against anyone else trying to recruit him. It was nuts. The mom became a real problem in his recruitment. 

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

That was a small part of it and mostly just an excuse. That whole situation got really screwed up. Mom started off saying how much she loves the way Saban and Kirby operate, then Michigan became the favorite and mom actively worked against anyone else trying to recruit him. It was nuts. The mom became a real problem in his recruitment. 

Pretty sure Rocker lost it on her and had to be removed from Aubrey's recruitment.

May take them a while to respond lol :shrug:

I tried doing some research on it myself and I’m going to say it’s because now when a player transfers, they inform the school and the school has to enter their name into a national database within 2 business days. Once they are on that list as a transfer, coaches from any school can contact them and technically that player is being recruited again. Not sure how a hardship might change that, if that is the case. 

I’ll share what they tell me for anyone interested. 

fibonaccisquared likes this

15 minutes ago, Carter said:

May take them a while to respond lol :shrug:

I tried doing some research on it myself and I’m going to say it’s because now when a player transfers, they inform the school and the school has to enter their name into a national database within 2 business days. Once they are on that list as a transfer, coaches from any school can contact them and technically that player is being recruited again. Not sure how a hardship might change that, if that is the case. 

I’ll share what they tell me for anyone interested. 

yeah... information is *super* light on that stuff in general. I saw something in the walk-on > scholarship athlete along with one other resource that led me to believe that he would count as an initial counter... *but* it is kinda weird that if they are considered initial counters that they are *not* added to class recruiting rankings.

Found this recap after the last round of rules changes:

http://www.dandydon.com/DandyDon_Q_and_A_on_25-Signing_Cap_and_related_rules.php

Dandy Don: Do all transfers (graduate transfers and undergraduate transfers) count toward the signing limitation per class?

Napolitano: Yes. Any incoming student enrolling at LSU for the first time – graduate transfer, undergraduate transfers (junior college and four-year) or any high school student – count toward the 25 for that year. For instance, DT Breiden Fehoko, who transferred to LSU from Texas Tech after the 2016 season, counts in the Tigers' 2017 signing class from last February.

Also, appears that Solomon may have been in 5 games this year, not 2. 

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/aubrey-solomon-transfer-michigan-georgia-football

But now it seems that Solomon is once again up for grabs, as DawgNation’s Jeff Sentell has learned that Solomon is transferring from Michigan after two seasons.  Solomon has yet to use his redshirt, as he played in all 12 games his freshman season, but he only played in five games this season. He did miss time, as he underwent knee surgery after the Wolverines’ opening game against Notre Dame.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/player/418/1090347/index.html

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

What genius came up with this?

For forever “ETA” was “Estimated Time of Arrival”

Is this the part where I blow up your initial comment as a massive overreaction?

It still means "estimated time of arrival"... when it's used in that context. In the context of a message board post that has been modified and no expectation of arrival time is implied, it can also mean the other. It's almost like abbreviations can have multiple meanings...

ETA... :lol: 

Edited by fibonaccisquared

31 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Is this the part where I blow up your initial comment as a massive overreaction?

It still means "estimated time of arrival"... when it's used in that context. In the context of a message board post that has been modified and no expectation of arrival time is implied, it can also mean the other. It's almost like abbreviations can have multiple meanings...

g-dawgs' reply ETA: 2300Z

ETA:  :lol: 

Carter and fibonaccisquared like this

9 minutes ago, Carter said:

What a ******* clown show the vent AND vault is now that the Fields rumor got busted wide open. <_< <_<

What’s going on.  I avoid those places.

1 minute ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

What’s going on.  I avoid those places.

They broke news that the Fields transfer rumor has legs. But they can’t confirm it one way or the other. Some trusted sources say yes, other trusted sources say no. Insiders on the board are staying totally quiet about it. They can’t verify anything but it didn’t stop them from putting it out there 2 FREAKING DAYS BEFORE SIGNING DAY. JFC the media in this country is garbage sometimes!!! :angry:

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Yeah multiple meanings for abbreviations are dumb - guess I’m just old