g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Cockybrit said:

'IF' there is any truth to Booth and his twin sister, would we still accept Tyrique?

YES.   Dawgs need two more ELITE corners.  Dawgs would process someone to make room for both, if necessary.

Cockybrit likes this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I am gonna go out on a limb and guess this pic and Twitter is of Tyrique Stevenson?   Even clicked on the tweet and it’s not totally obvious.

Yes... I’ll put his name in the post, sorry about that! 

g-dawg likes this

17 minutes ago, Cockybrit said:

'IF' there is any truth to Booth and his twin sister, would we still accept Tyrique?

Absolutely. We have 6 spots left, 7 if Plumlee accepts the blue shirt or goes elsewhere. Maybe can fit more I think if they want to work the numbers a little, but I’m expecting 25. And we are figuring on holding spots for Stevenson and Elam (or another DB) so I think it’s an absolute yes here.

It is a big IF on Booth, but we will see. Dent is another one to watch. Insiders have mentioned that someone big has visited and wanted it kept quiet... and it was. Gonna be interesting to see how things finish up.

13 minutes ago, Carter said:

Absolutely. We have 6 spots left, 7 if Plumlee accepts the blue shirt or goes elsewhere. Maybe can fit more I think if they want to work the numbers a little, but I’m expecting 25. And we are figuring on holding spots for Stevenson and Elam (or another DB) so I think it’s an absolute yes here.

It is a big IF on Booth, but we will see. Dent is another one to watch. Insiders have mentioned that someone big has visited and wanted it kept quiet... and it was. Gonna be interesting to see how things finish up.

Dent was who I thought it was before the twin talk

Carter likes this

25 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Hard to believe it would be Booth - Georgia never got to 2nd base with him.

Not sure I buy it either. He has gone out of his way to show no interest in UGA. The rumor mill is running hot this weekend. I imagine the 2 days before signing day are some of the craziest anyway. 

g-dawg likes this

5 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Great news.  Would hate to lose the #1 TE in the country to homesickness.  Ford, that feeling does fade as you become more independent.  

you have to remember it's not uncommon for kids to be homesick.. artie lynch almost left as well due to being homesick, but he stuck around.  

41 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Saw on SECRant and SEC recruiting board that said Rusty Mansell posted an article tonight basically saying Haselwood is a DAWG!  Sounds like he is silent commit now.

Can someone who has 247 confirm?

I would somehow lose even more respect for 247 if they actually did that.

jeffro2000 likes this

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

I would somehow lose even more respect for 247 if they actually did that.

I am paraphrasing but basically Rusty saying Haselwood gave the word.  It’s not inconceivable, with spots at a premium that Sunday was decision day.  Make sense if you pair it with someone like Rusty.

I haven't seen anything that would suggest Rusty said Haselwood was a done deal to UGA. Rusty doesn't put that sort of stuff out there like that. There are some real rejects on the 247 board but nothing compares to rumor mill on the dawgvent. There's a new "insider" there ever hour on the hour.

5 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I haven't seen anything that would suggest Rusty said Haselwood was a done deal to UGA. Rusty doesn't put that sort of stuff out there like that. There are some real rejects on the 247 board but nothing compares to rumor mill on the dawgvent. There's a new "insider" there ever hour on the hour.

Link to what was said:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-recruiting/5-star-wr-jadon-haselwood-decommits-from-georgia/79184713/page-12/

they gotta do something on ugasports to stop the trolls.. when you have a guy who said neal is in that thread needs to be deleted and guy banned.  it adds nothing to their board. V dawg though I do trust.  i know enough guys who know him that when he says something it comes from a good source. 

Yeah there’s a lot of fake crap that gets posted on the ugasports boards. It’s not really an issue as far as following the info if you just pay attention to the right people. They have some of the most connected folks on there and several people with great info from different areas. But yeah... it’s a problem to have so many folks just posting up whatever crap they want to float.

I don’t doubt rival fans and even coaching staffs purposely do it. It is known that players and family members are on there and get shown stuff that people post.

Bdawg58 likes this

12 hours ago, Ransack said:

And you have to remember that people read what the want to see ESPECIALLY when it comes to recruiting.  

14 hours ago, Carter said:

Didn't someone say that the staff is now expecting to sign 26?  I personally have no idea. 

7 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

Didn't someone say that the staff is now expecting to sign 26?  I personally have no idea. 

Possibly. I think 25 is a safe expectation. We might see 26. I can’t tell you for sure what the expectation is on that from what I have read personally. 

Would prefer to see us maximize a full class of 25 each year. Think it’s capped at 100 over a 4 year period, but I’m really not sure how that is enforced either. Bama is only oversigning so much this year because they missed on several players they were planning to sign last year and didn’t want to go to plan C types just for numbers. 

On 12/15/2018 at 11:06 AM, g-dawg said:

I am not claiming to know which way he will feel - I made that very clear. Sheesh

You basically said "if you ain't first, you're last"...

Well Jadon will probably love it , but he will either love it or hate it and there won’t be any in between.

Think back to what Ricky Bobby's dad said later in the movie... 

****, Ricky, I was high when I said that! That makes no sense at all! "First or last"! I mean, you could be second, third, fourth--****, you could even be fifth!

Don't pretend like you didn't say what you said... either you believe that statement and you're assuming to know how the kid feels, or you didn't and you could just acknowledge it...

In any event, Jadon has been very clear on how much his friend means/meant to him throughout the entire process and that he was essentially going through this recruitment for both of them... This is just Exhibit A that Smart and Co. ® listen and care about the kids they are recruiting. No need to get bent out of shape for getting called on something that you did in fact do.

ETA: sorry for the late reply. Have mostly been offline all weekend making and eating holiday cookies. lol

Edited by fibonaccisquared
Porter Osborne Jr likes this

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Possibly. I think 25 is a safe expectation. We might see 26. I can’t tell you for sure what the expectation is on that from what I have read personally. 

Would prefer to see us maximize a full class of 25 each year. Think it’s capped at 100 over a 4 year period, but I’m really not sure how that is enforced either. Bama is only oversigning so much this year because they missed on several players they were planning to sign last year and didn’t want to go to plan C types just for numbers. 

How many did they miss on out of curiosity? Because they also added Ale Kaho who should count toward last year's numbers. They had 21 enrollees PLUS Jordan Davis who didn't qualify but did sign an NLI. The year prior they had "29 enrollees" according to 247, but the bottom of that list likely has guys that were PWOs and not scholarship athletes. Just not sure how many were EEs that were back-counted. I haven't seen any official count for them, but their fans seem to think they could take as many as 30, 28-29 being touted as most likely though...

17 hours ago, Carter said:

Hmm... just my opinion but I’m really starting to feel Stevenson will stay close to home. Mom wants him to get out but I think Miami has a better shot at bringing him in since Banda is staying there than most people are giving them. 

Miami is a good OC away from being relevant in the ACC imo. Easy to pile on since they’ve had a rough year and stretch here before early signing day but it’s probably an overreaction. Their defense has been pretty good.

No inside info or anything like that to back it up, it’s just the sense I have about it right now. 

But I think we’re going to flip a DB from somewhere. Hard to say without having a DB coach, but I think it will happen.

I feel 50/50 with Ty. If we could just get an OC and an Oline coach worth something I would feel a lot better. 

15 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

You basically said "if you ain't first, you're last"...

Think back to what Ricky Bobby's dad said later in the movie... 

Don't pretend like you didn't say what you said... either you believe that statement and you're assuming to know how the kid feels, or you didn't and you could just acknowledge it...

In any event, Jadon has been very clear on how much his friend means/meant to him throughout the entire process and that he was essentially going through this recruitment for both of them... This is just Exhibit A that Smart and Co. ® listen and care about the kids they are recruiting. No need to get bent out of shape for getting called on something that you did in fact do.

ETA: sorry for the late reply. Have mostly been offline all weekend making and eating holiday cookies. lol

Your need to even make your "I can't believe" comment was ridiculous - I know what I said and I don't retract it - yours felt like 'preaching' and wasn't worthy of your intellect.

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Your need to even make your "I can't believe" comment was ridiculous - I know what I said and I don't retract it - yours felt like 'preaching' and wasn't worthy of your intellect.

:lol: Ok... we can agree to disagree.

g-dawg likes this