g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

DawgVent... a very credible poster said that is what he’s hearing 

Thank you kind sir.  I am cautiously optimistic.  Of course as long as there is time on the clock, a kid could change his mind.  Although Dean and his family are different - if true, doubt he changes his mind.

Bdawg58 likes this

27 minutes ago, Carter said:

Tis the season for wild rumors. :lol: 

If one involving a twin sister pans out.... would be a huuuuuge get. But I’m not holding my breath. 

You talking about who I think you're talking about?

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Andrew Booth? It would make sense I guess. Remember what LG1 said a few pages back about the "DawgChat" group trying to flip another high ranking recruit to UGA. Booth could be that guy.  

My guess

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ford transfer rumor was shot down by Ford’s dad. He is homesick. Staff is giving him some extra time at home with family but he will come back and join the team for the bowl game. 

Per Dasher. 

Great news.  Would hate to lose the #1 TE in the country to homesickness.  Ford, that feeling does fade as you become more independent.  

g-dawg, Carter, Wardog357 and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Andrew Booth? It would make sense I guess. Remember what LG1 said a few pages back about the "DawgChat" group trying to flip another high ranking recruit to UGA. Booth could be that guy.  

If Dawgs flip Booth and close with Haselwood, Dean, Sanders, Stevenson and Neal or Wright - then Kang Kirby reigns supreme!

Hmm... just my opinion but I’m really starting to feel Stevenson will stay close to home. Mom wants him to get out but I think Miami has a better shot at bringing him in since Banda is staying there than most people are giving them. 

Miami is a good OC away from being relevant in the ACC imo. Easy to pile on since they’ve had a rough year and stretch here before early signing day but it’s probably an overreaction. Their defense has been pretty good.

No inside info or anything like that to back it up, it’s just the sense I have about it right now. 

But I think we’re going to flip a DB from somewhere. Hard to say without having a DB coach, but I think it will happen.

20 minutes ago, Carter said:

Hmm... just my opinion but I’m really starting to feel Stevenson will stay close to home. Mom wants him to get out but I think Miami has a better shot at bringing him in since Banda is staying there than most people are giving them. 

Miami is a good OC away from being relevant in the ACC imo. Easy to pile on since they’ve had a rough year and stretch here before early signing day but it’s probably an overreaction. Their defense has been pretty good.

No inside info or anything like that to back it up, it’s just the sense I have about it right now. 

But I think we’re going to flip a DB from somewhere. Hard to say without having a DB coach, but I think it will happen.

If this post were a song it would be performed by the Black Eyed Peas.

Carter likes this

22 minutes ago, Carter said:

For Richt’s sake, he needs to give up playcalling duties and hire a smart young offensive coordinator, bring in a qualified QB Coach and reassign his son so he can learn from the OC.  Nepotism is a tough sell when your team is struggling.

Edited by Falconsin2012

Miami isn't going to do anything until they fire Searels and bring in someone who can actually recruit some decent OL's. And it's too late for that to happen this year. Would be surprised if Kirby and staff aren't able to close on Stevenson. 

sdogg and Turkeydawg like this

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Miami isn't going to do anything until they fire Searels and bring in someone who can actually recruit some decent OL's. And it's too late for that to happen this year. Would be surprised if Kirby and staff aren't able to close on Stevenson. 

Hope we do close with Stevenson. I mean neither result would surprise me at all though. He loves Miami, has a great relationship with Banda in particular and has spent a ton of time there. We don’t have a DB coach. Not saying that’s a deal breaker with Stevenson but it doesn’t help us any.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

You keep mentioning this flip...

source.gif

I am gonna go out on a limb and guess this pic and Twitter is of Tyrique Stevenson?   Even clicked on the tweet and it’s not totally obvious.